Anniversary Gift...FOILED & Need Help! UPDATE Post 8

*NikkiBell*

Livin’ that DVC & AP life!
So, Sean and I celebrate our seven year anniversary tomorrow. My plan for the past few weeks was to get him an iPhone as a gift. However, yesterday we went to the mall and stopped in AT&T. For whatever reason, he decided to see when he could upgrade to a new phone. I thought he was eligible already, but we found out that he is not until next summer...July of 2010! :scared1:Needless to say, my gift has been ruined and I need to figure something out in the next 24 hours. :eek:

In the past, I've gotten tours or other special things for our WDW trips. I can't think of anything for November's at all. He insisted that we get the Deluxe DP so a special meal really wouldn't be a good option. I have no other ideas unless I go with a gift card to use for the food kiosks. I don't know if I like that idea or not though.

Sean is considering buying a new computer. He seems to be leaning towards an Apple. I know that he wants the Rosetta Stone software to learn Irish/Gaelic, but I can't get that as a gift because I don't know which version to get. I heard a rumor that you could use PC software on Macs, but wasn't sure if that was true. Anyone out there know for sure?

The clock is ticking and I'm stuck. Any ideas you all have would be awesome right now. Help!!!! :scared1:

Does Rosetta Stone do gift certificates? I walked by one of their mall carts yesterday - I wish I would have known to be ableto ask them! It's an idea!

It does look like from Rosetta Stone's website that their software works on Mac and PC, but I don't know for sure.

Also, I know Skymall sells gifts certificate and has Rosetta Stone.

Good luck. Happy Anniversary.

What about a Richard Petty Driving Experience for the November trip? You could probably print some of the literature that's online or create your own "gift certificate"...maybe something along the lines up "You've revved my engine up for 7 years...now it's your turn".

Happy Anniversary to you both!

I heard a rumor that you could use PC software on Macs, but wasn't sure if that was true. Anyone out there know for sure?

The clock is ticking and I'm stuck. Any ideas you all have would be awesome right now. Help!!!! :scared1:
There are multiple ways to run Windows software on a Mac but they all involve buying some extra software.

Crossover will let you run supported applications on a Mac without Windows.

Parallels, VMWare Fusion and VirtualBox let you run Windows in a virtual machine. All require you to buy a copy of Windows. VirtualBox is free.

You can also use Boot Camp. This is software from Apple that allows you to create a Windows partition on your Mac and then you can either boot under OS X or Windows. Boot Camp is free but again you need to buy a copy of Windows.

When buying Windows it needs to be a full version and not an upgrade.

In looking at the Rosetta Stone site when you go to buy the software it doesn't ask about Mac or Windows so I'm guessing that you get software for both platforms in the package. I would contact them.

How about a basket of Irish goodies and a homemade gift card for a Rosetta Stone program?

Soda bread, Baileys, candies, etc.

My DH is crazy impossible to shop for.
He finds the best deals on the web for the tech stuff he loves.

happy anniversary
:lovestruc

WOW! You guys have some awesome ideas! I just figured it all out. I played around with our ADRs for November and was able to change two so we could do Dine with a Disney Imagineer. I am so dang excited! I'm also going to give him a Disney gift card to use at the Food & Wine kiosks. Thanks so much for your help, gang! I'm going to keep these ideas for his bday! ;)

I thought you were gonna do Brown Derby for him. But the imagineer idea is great as well. Happy anniversary!

NC Beast says:

If he enjoys Scotch whiskey, a good Irish gift would be Bushmills Irish Whiskey.

Slainte'

Thanks Belle, but he is a Jameson man. He'll MAYBE have Jack, but only if Jameson is not available. Me? I think they're both gross! :P

I thought you were gonna do Brown Derby for him. But the imagineer idea is great as well. Happy anniversary!

We were actually going to the Brown Derby anyway. I just changed it to Dine with an Imagineer and we'll go to Jiko that night being that we're staying at AKLV. Easy fix! :)

You could still get him an iPhone... if you're willing (and able) to pay an extra $9.99 a month to add a line (you could then cancel his old liine once his 2 years is up on that one) you can then add the line.. get the iphone at the discounted price... switch his phone # over to the new phone (i think really what happens is that you switch the new equipment to the old line???) and go about your buisness. The only reason I know this is that I lost my iPhone 3G recently and am not eligible to upgrade until December... so instead of paying an arm and a leg for a new phone we decided to just add a new line... so total extra cost is $9.99 a month (plus the cost of the phone of course) but we got the new iPhone 3GS for the same price as a new customer

Write him a letter.
Tell him how much you love him, how wonderful the past seven years have been, how special he is to you. Tell him how much you look forward to being with him for many, many more years in the future.

And give him a :hug: hug.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter