Anniversary Dinner at Disneyland?

disneylandfan60

Earning My Ears
My wife and I will be celebrating our third wedding anniversary in April and I want to surprise here with a nice dinner on property. We visit Disneyland about four to five times a year but we usually make them budget trips. We will be staying at Grand California using our DVC points and would like to experience something nice. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Napa Rose immediately comes to mind. It's where DH and I had dinner for my 40th birthday. Fabulous meal, ambiance, and service -- not to mention a wonderful wine list. My second favorite would be Blue Bayou for the ambiance.

LOL I just posted on your other thread. :) I said the same thing that 3Tinks just said. :)

Another vote for Napa Rose - if you can afford it, it can't be beat for a wonderful dining experience. Otherwise I'd go for either Steakhouse 55 in the DLH, or Catal or Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney. (The latter two are not quite as fancy, and are a lot noisier, though.)

Napa Rose, hands down! We did the chef's counter for our anniversary dinner in Dec...the most amazing experience! Let them choose for you! The food was incredible, the service was so enjoyable and we didn't have a care in the world...couldn't tell you how many people were in the dinning room because we we so enthrawled with our meal. One note, if you do decide to do the wine pairing...take it easy LOL. I specifically asked about the pours cuz I didn't want to consume "too much". The supposed 2 oz pour per course turned into full glasses of wine...made for a challenging next day :rotfl: Enjoy!!

Another vote for Napa Rose if you can afford it. The food is amazing and service cannot be better. Don't forget to mention that you guys are celebrating an anniversary when you make a PS (I don't remember if they gave us dessert on the house but they did write Happy Anniversary on our plates) which was very cute :)

My fellow Elk Grovian, Heymy, is 100% correct in how you forget about the rest of the world. It's all about you, your spouse, and the food. Our waiter, Rodney, made the experience absolutely wonderful! I hope you can get him on your special night.

Hands down....Napa Rose! :lovestruc:lovestruc

LOL I just posted on your other thread. :) I said the same thing that 3Tinks just said. :)

I see, there are two threads! Hahaha, I was seriously confused. I was sure that I posted on this thread. Silly me suggested Blue Bayou, when everyone else has been there and done that. BUT he did say on property.. so I thought it had to be inside the park. :lmao:

So glad to see this thread...DH and I are staying at the GC for our 10th anniversary in March. We've done the BB many times, and really like it, but wanted something more special since it's a milestone year. A friend highly recommended Napa Rose, and everything I've been reading agrees. What exactly does it mean to eat at the "chef's counter", and how would I request that?

My fellow Elk Grovian, Heymy, is 100% correct in how you forget about the rest of the world. It's all about you, your spouse, and the food. Our waiter, Rodney, made the experience absolutely wonderful! I hope you can get him on your special night.

Hands down....Napa Rose! :lovestruc:lovestruc

Yes, definitely ask for Rodney if he is working that night! He served us the first time we were there and he was so wonderful that we asked for him again the second time that we went. Unfortunately, he was not there the last time that we went and service was not as great (not bad, but just not Rodney!) :rotfl:

"Elk Grovian"...I love it! :thumbsup2

To make a reservation at the chef's counter you have to call the Napa Rose directly. I tried to book through Disney Dining, but they couldn't reserve the counter, so they gave me the direct line. I left a message and they called me back within a couple of days. There are 2 seatings a night, 5:30 and 8:30. We chose the later, but were able to get seated earlier because the 5:30 res. cancelled. Turned out to be a good thing because we were still eating at 10 pm. Since it was our anniversary we got a complimentary glass of champagne and they sent us home with 2 little boxes of chocolates/truffles. Oh my gosh they were amazing! They could make some serious money selling those. :)

I just have to toss this in. We went to Steakhouse 55 for our 20th anniversary last summer. It was amazing! Everything from the french bread to the salad to the steak was wonderful. It tasted fresh and high quality. I haven't tried Napa Rose yet, but wanted to put that in for the other one. The restaurant seating area was nice too. They also brought us a free dessert:

Anniversary.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter