• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Annette's Diner

b4u2love

It's a whole new world!
Does anyone know what disney legend has Annette's Diner in the Disney Village named after her? :earsgirl:

I don't think it is named after a Disney legend. Rather a tribute to the 1950's and cafes and drive-ins.

Reid

Ooooh, I know. :flower:

Annette Funicello was one of the original mouseketeers on the original Mickey Mouse Club TV show. She was picked by Walt Disney himself. :sunny:

:flower: I grew up with Annette and the gang. I still remember her jumping up at the beginning of each show and shouting: "ANNETTE!!!!"
She was everyone's favorite! (Along with Bobby... if I'm not mistaken?)
Yup, the diner is definitely named after her! (She's still around by the way - last I saw her was on a peanut butter commercial on TV, but I'll bet she's had other projects since).

:Pinkbounc :cheer2: :Pinkbounc

Cyrano said:
You learn something new everyday :teeth:

Reid

You most certainly do!!! Thanks for the link Berwyn, it was interesting reading that. I had just assumed it was called Annettes Diner for .....well, not for any reason apart from Annette being a 50's/60's name!

No offence meant to anyone called Annette who is born after the 50's/60's!:sunny:

Annette Funicello unfortunately now suffers from multiple sclerosis. But she's gone on to do work for MS awareness in the US, so hopefully something good may come out of that. :)

Ware Bears said:
You most certainly do!!! Thanks for the link Berwyn, it was interesting reading that. I had just assumed it was called Annettes Diner for .....well, not for any reason apart from Annette being a 50's/60's name!

No offence meant to anyone called Annette who is born after the 50's/60's!:sunny:

FWIW, this is the same Annette that Rizzo, (in 'Sandra Dee') Danny and Kenickie refer to in Grease :cool1:

I've watched that film countless times and have never noticed! :blush: You see, you just keep on learning new things every day! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter