Animator’s Palate with Pixar Day

Betsyp

DIS Veteran
When I spoke to DCL CM about my 7 day EC Fantasy cruise in March, he’d given me a tentative dining rotation that includes 3 AP’s.

Formal night would be 1st AP
Semi-Formal would be 2nd AP
Pixar day would be 3rd AP

Does the 3rd AP being a Pixar menu change the fact that it’s also probably the night when the animation magic happens?

Thank you!

Im surprised pixar is that late. Last year it was my first day at sea. I did have it in AP andnit was a pixar themed menu

Im surprised pixar is that late. Last year it was my first day at sea. I did have it in AP andnit was a pixar themed menu
Of course the CM who did tell me that the rotation said it was tentative.

I know it will be a Pixar menu. But since it’s the third one, I wonder if it would still have the animation Magic, or is that also a separate menu?

Thanks!

I did a 7 day Norwegian Fjords on The Magic in 2022. Our theme night was Frozen. I had 2 nights in Animators Palate.

The first night is Sorcerer Mickey
The second night is Animation Magic, the drawing show
The third night is the theme night, with whatever the theme menu is. All MDR will have the same menu that night.

Of course the CM who did tell me that the rotation said it was tentative.

I know it will be a Pixar menu. But since it’s the third one, I wonder if it would still have the animation Magic, or is that also a separate menu?

Thanks!
Menuwise i dont recall but the drawing itself was a different night

I did a 7 day Norwegian Fjords on The Magic in 2022. Our theme night was Frozen. I had 2 nights in Animators Palate.

The third night is the theme night, with whatever the theme menu is. All MDR will have the same menu that night.
Ooh, Sorcerer Mickey? I wonder if all the ships do that. I don’t want to miss any night at AP!

Thank you - this helps a lot!! I’m so excitrd

Ooh, Sorcerer Mickey? I wonder if all the ships do that. I don’t want to miss any night at AP!

Thank you - this helps a lot!! I’m so excited!

Thank you - this helps a lot!! I’m so excitrd

Thank you - this helps a lot!! I’m so excited!

The Sorcerer Mickey show is only on the Magic and Wonder. The Fantasy has Crush instead, I wouldn't really consider it a show and it's not as good as Sorcerer Mickey. We did 3 Star War cruises on the Fantasy. On 2 of them we ate in AP on the Star Wars day. They didn't do a show during either dinner, some of the screens said Star Wars on them though.

The Sorcerer Mickey show is only on the Magic and Wonder. The Fantasy has Crush instead, I wouldn't really consider it a show and it's not as good as Sorcerer Mickey. We did 3 Star War cruises on the Fantasy. On 2 of them we ate in AP on the Star Wars day. They didn't do a show during either dinner, some of the screens said Star Wars on them though.
Uhoh - what’s the Sorcerer Mickey show?

Ah, too bad….but I’m sure enjoy it anyway. I’ll just have to go on one of those other two ships down the line…

Thank you!

Mickey doing a show in the restaurant is only on the Magic and Wonder but the show on the screens with your oN drawings is also on the fantasy and Dream. And that was not on the Pixar day at sea night.
Just clearing it out cause there seems to be a mixup between the character showing up and drawing ;-)

Animation magic would likely be your second time in AP, not your third. On the Fantasy, first time in AP is their 'standard' menu and Crush show, second time is Animation Magic (menu and show). Unless you're in AP for Pirate Night (which is common for 7-night Caribbean itineraries on the Fantasy), then, Animation Magic would be the 3rd time in AP.

Mickey doing a show in the restaurant is only on the Magic and Wonder but the show on the screens with your oN drawings is also on the fantasy and Dream. And that was not on the Pixar day at sea night.
Just clearing it out cause there seems to be a mixup between the character showing up and drawing ;-)
I’m trying not to confuse myself, lol

Thank you!

Animation magic would likely be your second time in AP, not your third. On the Fantasy, first time in AP is their 'standard' menu and Crush show, second time is Animation Magic (menu and show). Unless you're in AP for Pirate Night (which is common for 7-night Caribbean itineraries on the Fantasy), then, Animation Magic would be the 3rd time in AP.

So then the way it looks - if this rotation holds- is:

1st AP - Formal night/Crush
2nd AP - Semi-Formal/Animation Magic
3rd AP - Pixar

The way things are now, Pirate night is in Royal Court (on the Tuesday)

Thank you!

Uhoh - what’s the Sorcerer Mickey show?
on the magic and wonder the show involes the rersternt going from black and white to clour with the screns showing various anamatiion scense as drawing and then the fiished porduct. During desert the wait satff changes ther vests which have the same image in balck and white and colour on both sides, at tat time sourcer mickey comes out well the end music from famtasmic plays, will the dinning team walks around the room.

on the magic and wonder the show involes the rersternt going from black and white to clour with the screns showing various anamatiion scense as drawing and then the fiished porduct. During desert the wait satff changes ther vests which have the same image in balck and white and colour on both sides, at tat time sourcer mickey comes out well the end music from famtasmic plays, will the dinning team walks around the room.
Thanks. Hopefully our Palo reservation won’t conflict!

So I’ve ended up with - after moving things around a few times:

Palo on my 2nd night, which will be AP - probably Crush. Since I’ve got 2 more APs, I felt I could miss it. I switched from 1st night because I wanted to have dinner in the Royal Court…

Remy dinner on 4th night, which is definitely Pirate night since Bibbity Bobbity is offering Pirate makeovers. Since RC would be having a Pirate menu, I felt I could miss it since I’d have Pixar menu at AP.

I really want at least 2 dinners in AP - which I have. The only way it will get messy for me is if the Animation Magic show is the first AP night, which based on what I’ve read here, won’t happen

There won’t be a pirate menu on a Pixar sailing as the Pixar menu replaces the pirate so you’ll get both ‘standard’ menus for each restaurant then Pixar.

With Pixar on day 6 it definitely alters the standard 1231231 (since the middle 1 is typically the pirate menu)

There won’t be a pirate menu on a Pixar sailing as the Pixar menu replaces the pirate so you’ll get both ‘standard’ menus for each restaurant then Pixar.

With Pixar on day 6 it definitely alters the standard 1231231 (since the middle 1 is typically the pirate menu)
They way the CM laid it out for me..,and he was right about Pirate night being on Day 4, the rotation would be

RC
AP
EC
RC
AP
AP
EC

So its 1231223

Maybe things have changed, because he also laid out as follows:

2nd Night - Formal night (Sunday)
4th night - Pirate night (Tues)
5th night - Semi-formal (Wed)
6th night - Pixar night (Thurs)

We didn’t have a pirate menu when we did Pixar day at sea on the fantasy last year. It was replaced by the Pixar menu. I assume it will be the same this year or they would be eliminating one of the other standard menus for the 7 night cruises.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter