• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Animation Poll -- CGI or Handrawn

What is the future of animation?

• CGI over Hand-drawn animation

• Hand-drawn over CGI animation

• Claymation rocks, baby!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I believe The Little Mermaid was the last Disney Feature Animation film to be made using individual cels. CGI was used in parts of The Little Mermaid like the boat in the opening sequence.

Now all Disney Feature Animation and Television Animation use a combination of 2D hand drawn images and CGI. It just depends on which style will better or more expeditiously represent the image they want to get across.

So I guess the answer may be that both are important.

But story is always paramount.

But even in stories like Monster Inc., it still requires a human to manipulate the image such that the emotion and pathos of the character gets expressed to the viewer.

Still only one poor, lonely Claymation Rocks! vote?

Mr. YoHo - why aren't you in line for 'The Lord of the Rings'? The midnight showing is only a few hours away!

Considering Beaverton is where Nike Corporate Headquarters is and There are 4 Intel FAB plants a Mile from my Apt. that make the Itaniums and P4s (so new they can't trust the Maylasians yet) (They also Make X-boxs) I would think we have something a little better then that. :)

I'm seeing it tonight right after work. I couldn't do a midnight show, got to conserve sleep for the 6am flight to chicago on friday.

After watching all the Rankin-Bass Christmas specials, what category do they fall in??? I want to change my vote!!!! :D :rolleyes: :D

As long as the "story" is good, any medium is OK.

I think my favorite piece of animation (handrawn) is from Cinderella.
It's the scene where Cinderella goes into the evil step-mother's bedroom
face of the stepmother slowly becomes visible out of the darkness.

The movement of the stepmother character in this scene is so smooth and lifelike
it's almost spooky. It's as if Walt more attention paid to this character....such
as the difference in each cell was not as great as was normally done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter