• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Animation Magic Menu

Hewolf

Earning My Ears
I have a question regarding the animation magic menu at animators palate. I am not a fan of the appetizer or soup options on the Animator Magic menu. Am I still able to order food off the other menus? There are items my wife and I both,want on the Prince and Princess and Captains Gala menu and I would hate to miss out.

I have a question regarding the animation magic menu at animators palate. I am not a fan of the appetizer or soup options on the Animator Magic menu. Am I still able to order food off the other menus? There are items my wife and I both,want on the Prince and Princess and Captains Gala menu and I would hate to miss out.
When we were on the Magic 2 weeks ago our server said they were changing the menu so you would order your appetizer and soup and salad like do with the rest of the menus. A choice of appetizer and a choice for soup and salad vs the same thing for everyone. Part of the reason was because people were ordering off the menu.

When we were on the Magic 2 weeks ago our server said they were changing the menu so you would order your appetizer and soup and salad like do with the rest of the menus. A choice of appetizer and a choice for soup and salad vs the same thing for everyone. Part of the reason was because people were ordering off the menu.

Thank you. I especially want the beef Wellington on the see ya real soon menu. I wanted to make sure I could still order it even if we had a different menu from Animators.

Thank you. I especially want the beef Wellington on the see ya real soon menu. I wanted to make sure I could still order it even if we had a different menu from Animators.
You can (possibly) order the Beef Wellington if it's on one of the menus being served in the other dining rooms (a rotational menu night). If it's a night that all the dining room are serving the same menu, it's quite likely it isn't being prepared.

When we had our "modified" menu for the Animation show it was the Prince and Princess menu. All the dining rooms were serving the same menu, but Animators didn't have the appetizer/salad or soup option. Only one item was available for appetizer, and one soup.

You can (possibly) order the Beef Wellington if it's on one of the menus being served in the other dining rooms (a rotational menu night). If it's a night that all the dining room are serving the same menu, it's quite likely it isn't being prepared.

When we had our "modified" menu for the Animation show it was the Prince and Princess menu. All the dining rooms were serving the same menu, but Animators didn't have the appetizer/salad or soup option. Only one item was available for appetizer, and one soup.

I wonder what the reason is for this?

I wonder what the reason is for this?
Reason for what? The modified menu? The reason given at the time was there was so much time involved with the instructions and production of the drawings (to be shown later), that they didn't want to waste the time necessary to take individual orders for the appetizer and soup courses. Just serve the same to everyone (in Animator's) for those courses and only have choices for entree and dessert.

Reason for what? The modified menu? The reason given at the time was there was so much time involved with the instructions and production of the drawings (to be shown later), that they didn't want to waste the time necessary to take individual orders for the appetizer and soup courses. Just serve the same to everyone (in Animator's) for those courses and only have choices for entree and dessert.

Are you able to order appetizers or soup from the other menu that night, or is this not allowed or frowned upon?

Are you able to order appetizers or soup from the other menu that night, or is this not allowed or frowned upon?
We were not. Couple of reasons - the same menu was being served in all dining rooms that night, not different ones in each dining room. While the other two dining rooms had more selection for the appetizer and soup courses, Animator's did not. They were not even taking orders for the appetizer and soup courses, only the entree and dessert.

Now, if they've decided to discontinue the "only one appetizer and soup" format, they will probably just serve the same menu in all dining rooms that night (which for us on the Fantasy was the Prince and Princess menu).

Perhaps. But, it has to be something they are serving that night. You mentioned the See You Real Soon menu. If none of the restaurants are serving that menu, then it's not possible to order any items from it. Please be aware that a special menu order like this may require your server and/or assistant server to make quite a trip to get that item for you.

According to our server they are going to individual orders because people were finishing dinner too quickly and leaving before the show started. Guests also preferred a choice in appetizers. The changed menu was supposed to start on the cruise to Quebec.

As mentioned above you won’t be able to order it if it is not on any of the menus. Why not order it the night the menu is available in the restaurant you are dining in.

Perhaps. But, it has to be something they are serving that night. You mentioned the See You Real Soon menu. If none of the restaurants are serving that menu, then it's not possible to order any items from it. Please be aware that a special menu order like this may require your server and/or assistant server to make quite a trip to get that item for you.

I understand I can only get an item if it's being served on that given night. As far as it being a long trip to get an item for me I understand and appreciate that. I tip generously at the end of our cruise to reflect the service I have received.

According to our server they are going to individual orders because people were finishing dinner too quickly and leaving before the show started. Guests also preferred a choice in appetizers. The changed menu was supposed to start on the cruise to Quebec.
Yes, we did get the changed menu on the Magic's 9/20 sailing to Quebec. The Drawn to the Magic menu had the full lineup of appetizer, soup, salad, and dessert options. For our 7-night cruise, the MDR's each had 2 signature menus and that took up the first 6 nights of the cruise. Night 7 was all 3 MDRs serving the same "world" menu. (I forgot if it's called It's a Small World or Til We Meet Again.) We did not have the pirate menu on pirate night.

Last edited:
Which ship? The classics have changed the way they do things and now each restaurant sort has 2 signature menus. For instance Triton's does signature one night and captains gala the other. Tiana's does modified prince & princess one night and Mardi gras on the other.

I don't think the Dream class have started this, but if you're sailing on a classic there would be multiple menus each night.

I don't mind sacrificing the choice for the show because that's lots of fun. However, I don't really care for the options so it would be a nice change.

According to our server they are going to individual orders because people were finishing dinner too quickly and leaving before the show started.

This happened on our British Isles cruise last month. We are pretty quick eaters, and had to wait around for a good 15+ minutes after finishing dessert for the show to start.

Which ship? The classics have changed the way they do things and now each restaurant sort has 2 signature menus. For instance Triton's does signature one night and captains gala the other. Tiana's does modified prince & princess one night and Mardi gras on the other.

I don't think the Dream class have started this, but if you're sailing on a classic there would be multiple menus each night.
In looking at the menus on various cruises, 3 of the nights of any given cruise were the rotational menu in each dining room. other nights (for cruises longer than 4 nights), the same menu was served in all dining rooms, BUT it says, for example: Captain's Gala (for one dining room)/Animation Magic (for Animator's)/Captain's Gala for the other dining room.

I believe this was because the menu for the Animation Magic dinner, while the "same" menu as what's served in the other dining rooms, had a different appetizer and soup course. But the entree was the same as the Captain's Gala.

But it's also changing on the Magic where they separate the dinner show into multiple nights (each with it's own menu). And, after the first 3 nights of the regular rotational menu, Lumiere's serves the Captain's Gala 3 nights, Rapunzel's serves the 3 different show menus, and Animator's serves the Animation Magic menu (which may be a whole new menu now).

I think the whole menu thing is in a state of flux right now, so it may be difficult to know for sure what menu is going to be served on any given ship on any given night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter