Animals on Safari - cold weather

TammyC

DIS Veteran
It looks like Florida is going to be having a snap of cold weather. Does anyone know how cold morning temps would affect the animals to be viewed on Kilamanjaro Safari? I used to volunteer at a zoo, and we had guidelines for which animals could go outside at certain temperatures. I'm wondering how AK handles this...

Not sure what policy is, but wanted to bump you up to the top to see what others say, and say that when my friend was there 3 years ago it was only 26 deg., and there were very few animals out at the safari first thing in the a.m.
She says plan on doing the safari later in the morn. if it is cold out.
:hyper: brrrrr

I think I was there that same day-it was COLD! about three years ago, and I thought they said low 30's. Anyway, I'd wait for all of AK. Lots of the display animals at other places weren't out, and I remember that they held off the FoTLK show til 11:00 because of the weather. Even then, it was considered too cold for the tumble monkeys or any acrobatic feats.

hmm

a few years back... i think it was winter of 2000... it was the coldest i have ever seen err felt. It was so cold that Thunder Mountain's hydraulic brake system wasnt operating right... the ride was shut down with us on it.. interesting experience!! :)

I seem to remember going on the Safari on a very cool morning and still seeing a good amount of wildlife. Some animals however may not be out. Im thinking like the Elephants may not be out and about, im no Zoologist though.

Just my thoughts :)

Have a good one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter