Animal Kingdom wins the Derby!

mjc2003

DIS Veteran
And because I like to bet based mostly on the names, and our November trip will include a stay at AKV, you better believe I bet him!

The payoff was 20-1. If my husband gave me a heads up before 5 minutes before the race, I would have bet on AK too! He said, " I know mom's horse would be AK" and I cheered for him the whole way!

I told my husband we needed to stop at an OTB this afternoon but we were running late and had to pick DD up from work.

I then told him he would regret not playing Animal Kingdom!!! I love being right---just too bad I didn't get my bet in--my spending money for the trip would have been covered!!!

I wanted the female jockey to win on "Pants on Fire", but drew Animal Kingdom in a party pot instead. Everyone teased me knowing how much I love Disney.:)

I won $40 off my $2 investment! It was fun and I will remember this Derby winner's name for a long time.

I also bet on Animal Kingdom. Now onto the Preakness.:goodvibes:woohoo::yay:

Animal Kingdom wins the Derby! I think that is SPECTACULAR. :goodvibes

I won too! People make fun of me b/c of my love for disney, but look how it payed off! My trip in June is paid for!!!

I'd love to know if the owner's choice of name means he's a Disney fanatic. Personally, I thinlk that's a perfect name for a horse, since that's my favorite park. When I heard about his win, I was kicking myself-had I known that a horse with that name was entered, I definitely would have placed a bet. You people who won by placing a bet were very smart!

I'd love to know if the owner's choice of name means he's a Disney fanatic. Personally, I thinlk that's a perfect name for a horse, since that's my favorite park. When I heard about his win, I was kicking myself-had I known that a horse with that name was entered, I definitely would have placed a bet. You people who won by placing a bet were very smart!

Me too! Talk about pixie dust!!

My friend is sooooo mad he didn't bet! We're going to AKV in less than a week. We let our friends pick where they wanted to stay and they picked AKV since they figured their daughter would like it best because of the animals. He would have bet on Animal Kingdom just because of the fact that is where we're staying...but he never puts money down on the horses. After he watched the race and saw that Animal Kingdom won, he was hitting himself for not actually betting on it!

My brother played it for his son, they just stayed at AK, he won $43.80 on a $2.00 bet. Now he regrets not playing it for himself.

I bet $33 on him and put all the winnings towards our park tickets for November. I just ordered 4-7 day park hoppers, and it cost me: $454 out of pocket!!! That's $113 per ticket out of pocket, thanks to a lucky bet!!

Now if he wins the Preakness, I might win enough for an add on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter