Animal Kingdom w/o Early Entry

danno561

Mouseketeer
We are long time Disney veterans but only one visit in the last three years. While staying at Portofino Bay for four nights with club level accommodations, we will take one day (April 20) to visit AK. It looks like the park opens at 7:30 for early entry that day but we will enjoy breakfast in the club lounge before arriving at AK sometime around 9:00.

That being said, our goal is to get on all rides and attractions without a significant (over an hour) wait. My plan is to purchase Genie + and ILL for FOP at 7:00 and select Navi and FOP as the first attractions. From there, we will just schedule LL’s based on proximity and time slot, taking a break around noon to eat at Rainforest Cafe. Is it reasonable to expect to cover all attractions that day (Thursday) without a significant wait?

Just so you're aware, you will have to wait until the park opens (not the early entry time) to buy the ILL for Flight of Passage since you're not staying at a Disney hotel. I doubt it'll completely sell out since you're not going during an extremely busy time like Christmas but you'll most likely get an afternoon or evening time.

It's possible you might not need Genie+ for the other rides. AK isn't ride heavy and other than FOP, most of the time you can ride all the rides without horrible waits. The best way to tell is what Genie+ is priced at for that day. The lower the price, the less chance it's going to be crowded.

Just so you're aware, you will have to wait until the park opens (not the early entry time) to buy the ILL for Flight of Passage since you're not staying at a Disney hotel. I doubt it'll completely sell out since you're not going during an extremely busy time like Christmas but you'll most likely get an afternoon or evening time.
Thank you. It looks like the park opens at 8:00 so I will look to book FOP while on the Uber ride over. That will definitely change our strategy with Navi since I will try to coordinate with FOP (to the extent possible).

It's possible you might not need Genie+ for the other rides. AK isn't ride heavy and other than FOP, most of the time you can ride all the rides without horrible waits. The best way to tell is what Genie+ is priced at for that day. The lower the price, the less chance it's going to be crowded.
Thank you, ltd! I appreciate this consideration but I am not concerned about the extra money. I am willing to pay to reduce wait time. We are taking our granddaughter and as I have aged, the wait time has become a priority over $.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter