Animal Kingdom Villas:Room suggestions

Drow

Earning My Ears
I am renting points to stay at Animal Kingdom Villas and was wanting to know if anyone has any room suggestions that I could request for my trip. Location, close proximity to other parts of the resort and bus stops. If you have any pictures to share that would be great as well.

I am renting points to stay at Animal Kingdom Villas and was wanting to know if anyone has any room suggestions that I could request for my trip. Location, close proximity to other parts of the resort and bus stops. If you have any pictures to share that would be great as well.

Is your reservation for Jambo or Kidani?

Also, what view do you have, savanna or standard?

If you are staying in a savannah view at Kidani, a lower floor seems to give a better savannah view. However, if you are at Jambo, you will not have an option on what floor you are on.

Don't have a reservation yet as company is still searching for a member to rent me points but I am requesting the Savanna View. I am not sure if it will be Jambo or Kidani. We usually like a high floor but looking for any suggestions on the best spot.

If savanna view:

Jambo: do not request high or low floor (the rooms are on the fifth floor). Request Arusha savanna view, along Zebra Trail

Kidani: request close to lobby, and make second request high or low floor (your choice, although for animal viewing many like lower floor)

Note that any requests need to be made through the owner who needs to submit the requests to Member Services.

If you're thinking Kidani, and you get a car, make sure you request somewhere close to an elevator. The elevators go from the underground parking up to the rooms. You might be able to get a better view that way. If you don't have a car, the hallways are really looong and you'll definitely want to be close to the lobby.

Don't ever request close to an elevator at Kidani without specifying which one by name unless you enjoy walking forever to ge to such things as the buses, the lobby, the store, the pool, the restaurant. There are three elevators on each of the two wings and you can easily end up over 1/4 mile from everything if you get close to the last elevator. If you are going to make any elevator requests, it should be close to the Rafiki elevator (puts you cosest to the pool), or the Timon elevator (puts you closest to the bus stop).

There's no point in making a request when a value reservation is secured, is there. I would suppose you get what you get with only 5 possibly available.

You are right, you get what you get for value rooms.

They told me that in a value room, although I couldn't request a view, I could request by room number. So I did, a room that I knew was savannah view, but when I got there I was far from it in a pool view room.

I need Jambo v. Kidani guidance... either way I am going Savannah view but we want to have easy access to transportation, restaurants, lobby/entertainment... I am not sure but I am getting the idea that Jambo would be better? Is there a difference in decor/ size?

I need Jambo v. Kidani guidance... either way I am going Savannah view but we want to have easy access to transportation, restaurants, lobby/entertainment... I am not sure but I am getting the idea that Jambo would be better? Is there a difference in decor/ size?

most of the restaurants, including the quick service, are in jambo.

the big lobby is in jambo.

park buses pick up first at kidani.

kidani has covered parking.

1BRs and 2BRs at kidani have an extra bathroom. (i assume it's also true of GVs but could be wrong.)

Jambo: the original AKL. All of DVC is on 5th floor except club level is sixth right above the lobby (and that is the only place where there is a 6th floor). Has the larger lobby and store and three restaurants: Jiko, very good but expensive table service; Boma, one the best buffets on site, and Mara, a counter service with lots of sitting room (including an area outside that gets near the pool area). Three savannas: Arusha, the one in the middle of the U-shaped building, Uzima, the one to the east of the building (the front of the building faces south to a little southwest), and Sunset (the largest savanna to the west; most savanna view rooms at Kidani also face Sunset). Room sizes are similar to those at SSR, BWV, BCV and VWL except for value which are value because they are smaller rooms. Large pool with lots of mature trees and bushes in the area so you can find shade; rather short slide. Hallways are rather long and room near end of wings can be quite a walk to amenities, which are all near the lobby area, including bus. Park buses stop at Jambo after Kidani and DD bus at Jambo first. The 2BRs are all lock-offs (combined 1BR and studio) and the master bath in the 1BR has a combined tub and shower, and is not directly connected to master BR -- there is a small hallway between bedroom and bathroom that can be seen from the living room and kitchen area. If you have a car parking is in a large lot across a rod from the front part of the building. The hotel itself has no first/ground floor rooms except around the pool. The only exits from the building are to the pool area or the front area (from lobby or store).

Kidani: the new and larger building for which the front entrance faces west and the front door is about 1/2 mile from the Jambo front door (you can walk, take bus or a shuttle between the buildings). All rooms are DVC and all are on floors 2 to 5 (with the two story GVs rising somewhat to a sixth level). A smaller but still impressive lobby and a small and unimpressive store. It has a community hall near the lobby for use by members (Jambo does not). It has two wings, north and south; the end of the south one is closest to the Jambo entrance. The wings are very long and if you are at the end of the north wing, the longer of the two, you have almost a 1/3 mile walk to the lobby (the end of the south wing is about 1/4 mile walk). Two savannas: Sunset to the east, and almost 75% of the savanna view rooms at Kidani face it; Pembe savanna which is northwest and north of the building; Pembe stands alone of all savannas in not having giraffes; it instead has a much smaller giraffe cousin called the okapi; if you want giraffes request sunset savanna view except that if you request near lobby, near community hall, near Timon elevator (all three of which put you fairly close to lobby and bus stop), or just the south wing, you need not request sunset savanna because all savanna view rooms meeting those requests face Sunset. There are three elevators along each wing, one fairly close to the lobby and then two more down the wing. The ones near the lobby have no names but the two down the wings do: Timon and then Zazu along the south wing, and Rafiki and then Pumba along the north. Parking is on ground floor under the building or just on the outside of the building in places and the elevators run down to the parking area. The lot runs almost throughout the entire building and if you have a car you can park fairly close to your room, no matter where it is. As to understanding how far the end rooms on the north wing are from the lobby, be aware that some who have rooms there actually drive to the lobby to use the store. The pool is northwest of the lobby area along the north wing and is actually some distance from the building. The pool is smaller than Jambo but has a much longer slide and also has an elaborate kids water play area (with things mainly for pre-teens and below). Shade near the pool can be difficult to find including because not all the trees and bushes have grown up yet. The studios are about the same size as Jambo but the 1BRs and thus 2BRs are 100 sq ft larger (a very noticeable difference), There are both lock-off 2BRs and dedicated 2BRs (can only be used as a 2BR and have one entry door). The dediateds have two queens in the second bedroom, the lock-off studio portion has a queen and a full size pull out couch. The dedicated 2BRs also have one long balcony running along outside the living room and both bedrooms; the lock-offs have a wall between the studio and 1BR portions at both buildings. The master bath in the 1 and 2BRs is connected to the master bedroom, the tub and shower are separate, and there is an additonal bathroom between the front door and kitchen area giving the 1BR two bathrooms and the 2BR three (only BLT also has that). There is only one table service restaurant which has no breakfast, Sanaa, but it is one the best restaurants at WDW.

So there's no point to request a floor at Jambo since all DVC rooms are on the 5th floor. Sounds like I can request either the Jambo or Kidani location. I guess what I am looking for is a good location to everything with a great view of the animals. I appreciate everyone's input.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter