• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Animal kingdom value accomodation

Tower of terror

Earning My Ears
Hi
Can anyone tell me about the Animal Kingdom value accommodation? Value isn't listed anywhere else and I was wondering what it was like compared to the Value resorts, where I normally stay.
My particular problem is the size of the beds at Value resorts, just being a double - I struggle to sleep comfortably as I have a back problem and need to spread out a bit.
Are the beds in AK DVC value double or queen size?
Thanks everyone
Alan

At AKV Jambo House, the Villas in the Value Category are about 3 feet shorter than the other Jambo House Villas.

All DVC Studios have a queen bed and a sleeper sofa, except for OKW which has 2 queen beds. The Master Bedroom in all DVC 1 and 2 bedroom villas has a King bed. The Treehouse Villas at SSR has a Queen Bed in the Master Bedroom.

All 2-bedroom Villas at AKV Jambo House are lock-offs (1-bedroom & studio w/interior connecting door).

Thanks for the reply, does 3 feet shorter really matter, do they still have a balcony and all other facilities that come with a studi0, kitchenette etc?

Hi
Can anyone tell me about the Animal Kingdom value accommodation? Value isn't listed anywhere else and I was wondering what it was like compared to the Value resorts, where I normally stay.

The term value at AKL refers only to the size of the unit. It is nothing like a value resort, it is a smaller villa at a deluxe resort. These rooms were converted to DVC from Jambos hotel rooms. Studios will have a queen and master bedrooms in the 1&2BR units will have a king.

Thanks for the reply, does 3 feet shorter really matter, do they still have a balcony and all other facilities that come with a studi0, kitchenette etc?

As far as size goes, a Value Studio is approx. 316 sq ft, while the other Jambo House Studios are approx. 365 sq ft.

The Value Studios will have a balcony and all the same in-room amenities as any other DVC Studio.

We stayed in a value studio a couple of months ago. I was worried about the size too but we didn't notice any real difference. Well, the only difference was that the position of the bed and sofa are reversed compared to regular studios. Probably because the end of the bed would have obstructed the walkthrough a bit. Other than that it was exactly the same. Loved it!

Should mention that values are all at Jambo House and the 1 and 2 bedrooms don't have the sleeper chair in the living rooms.

Thanks everyone. I am trying to work out how many points to buy should I decide to buy into DVC (Have to work on the wife yet). I was thinking about 278 so as to do AK every other year in a Savannah view Studio, but maybe I can do it much cheaper, as Value would be 190 points for the same thing.
Bit worried about future usage as kids are 21 and 16, but hope they will buy in eventually and we can club all points together for a villa.
Am I thinking straight, can you add points from other parties to get bigger accomodation?

Thanks everyone. I am trying to work out how many points to buy should I decide to buy into DVC (Have to work on the wife yet). I was thinking about 278 so as to do AK every other year in a Savannah view Studio, but maybe I can do it much cheaper, as Value would be 190 points for the same thing.
Bit worried about future usage as kids are 21 and 16, but hope they will buy in eventually and we can club all points together for a villa.
Am I thinking straight, can you add points from other parties to get bigger accomodation?

Yes, you can have points transferred into one account for a larger villa. There are restrictions on this, so be sure you understand them before you do this.
Also, be aware that points can be redistributed within the resort. So what one set of points can get you this year may be different next year. The value villas at Jambo can be difficult to reserve, so having AKV as your home resort to book right at 11 months out would be helpful. And with bigger kids, a value studio would be pretty cramped with four adults. You may want to move to a one or two bedroom villa. Be aware that if after you become a member and understand how it all works, chances are you will want to try out other DVC resorts as well!

The sleeper sofa in the studios is double sized, not queen sized. But the bed is queen sized. When you move up to a one bedroom, the bed is king sized and the sleeper sofa is queen sized.

278 points for a savanna view studio every other year seems quite high as does 190 for a value studio. Are you looking for a trip longer than a week at a time?

Don't make the mistake of buying just what you think you need right now, like 278 points because point requirements can change or you may want to go during a different season, you could end up having too few or too many. I would go with either 200 or 300 and bank or borrow as needed.

If your kids eventually buy in and you want to put your points together you can do this by a point transfer but be aware that each account can only have 1 point transfer in or out per year. You can also transfer points from another member, look at the rent/trade board. Another way is for you to make a reservation for so many days and have one of your kids book more days on their points and have members services merge the reservations.

Yes I doubled up the points lol, 278 is the amount needed for 2 weeks in my usual season, but only going every other year 140 points should do it!

278 points for a savanna view studio every other year seems quite high as does 190 for a value studio. Are you looking for a trip longer than a week at a time?

Don't make the mistake of buying just what you think you need right now, like 278 points because point requirements can change or you may want to go during a different season, you could end up having too few or too many. I would go with either 200 or 300 and bank or borrow as needed.

If your kids eventually buy in and you want to put your points together you can do this by a point transfer but be aware that each account can only have 1 point transfer in or out per year. You can also transfer points from another member, look at the rent/trade board. Another way is for you to make a reservation for so many days and have one of your kids book more days on their points and have members services merge the reservations.

Keep in mind that at times the values are difficult to book even at 11 mos. you will usually be alright but recently I was shut out at exactly 11 months for a December stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter