Animal Kingdom or Epcot with 3 and 5 year old boys?

cruisnfamily

DIS Veteran
We have 1 day at magic kingdom planned and had planned Epcot for day 2 but am now wondering if Animal Kingdom might be a better park for them.

We do not have park hoppers
The boys go to Busch Gardens a lot so they have seen animals but of course it's not the same.

Anyway, thoughts? Epcot vs Animal kingdom for 3 and 5 year old boys.

I think it depends on what’s local to you and what their interests are.

I’m taking my 5yo nephew in august. He goes to the zoo multiple times during the summer. Obviously AK is different, but the trails won’t be super exciting to him. Other than safari and shows, there’s not much he can do.

Meanwhile, my nephew loves both Frozen and Ratatouille. Between those rides, soarin, the Nemo stuff, and meet and greets, Epcot is the better choice for us. Plus, the adults get some time in the showcase.

With that said, it’ll probably be a half day park for us with pool time and possibly a character meal.

We have a 3 year old - Epcot is a favorite. We visit often (local) but don't hit AK much anymore. There are very few rides for him, and the trails get old after awhile. There are also few character meets still.

But, we probably do stuff at Epcot that those paying $$ for a ticket would probably hate doing.

We do: playgrounds, Nemo ride, aquarium, Living with the Land, Figment and play area at the end, meet Mickey, Goofy, Minnie, Donald (there are tons of others but we are still all about just the classic characters), jumping fountains by Figment, Spaceship Earth, miniature train display (literally spend an hour each time there), boat across WS, Frozen, 3 Cabelleros, Ratatouille. Not to mention the live music you come across and the fun things to explore in each country (he loves the garden in UK and the bridges/water in Japan).

Epcot. I've been trying to convince my family with the same age configuration to swap from AK to Epcot because I think there is more to do at Epcot. I also suggested they get park hoppers so they have options. AK can also feel really hot and gets congested in a lot of pinch points. There's a bit more space to spread out in Epcot. You can escape over to the BoardWalk area or go for a joy ride on the Skyliner if you want a mini break from the park.
Lots of good places to eat at Epcot too.

When my boys were that age, Epcot for sure: Nemo, Crush, Ratatouille, Frozen, 3 Caballeros. Plus there are various shows and they have little kid activities throughout the lands (kidcot?), and a new duck tales scavenger hunt (my kids did the phineas & ferb version when they were close to your kids ages)

And also, snacks and tasty beverages for the adults.

I have an almost 3 year old boy and he loves Epcot. It’s his favorite park. He’s obsessed with the Jammitors that play on trash cans and loves figment. He also likes Nemo and spaceship earth. The trains in Germany are fun to watch and sometimes we take the skyliner just for fun if we have time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter