Animal Kingdom Lodge

Minnie Mouse2789

Earning My Ears
Planning a trip- not even booking for a few years yet- but just trying to get an idea which may be impossible- prices change
3 adults
Savanna View
3 days 4 nights
Handicapped accessible
Also planning on doing a 4 night Disney Bahamas cruise before and after.

What information are you looking for? None of that is impossible, depending on what you're willing to spend.

Just trying to get an idea of cost for those specifics, but don’t they change all the time? That’s what I meant by impossible, not that staying at the resort is for sure.
I do know that we will probably get a retired military discount as my father, who would be booking but not going is retired active duty. Or am I wrong?

If I were you, I'd just start playing around with the Disney site to price things out both for the resort and the cruise. Those are rack rates, but even with price increases that are constant, you'll have a good idea of what it will likely cost at most. Also, check out DVC rental sites, particularly David's who is a DIS sponsor. That will give you a great idea too if you're looking at AKV. It's REALLY a great way to get a deluxe room.

For your cruise, that's a huge range of options. Play with their website again. When you go, how many nights, what kind of room and its location on teh ship. It all makes a hug difference in cost. For teh cruise too, factor in transportation to and from MCO if that's where you're flying in, unless your driving. If you're driving, factor in parking costs for leaving your car.

Good luck! Planning is fun. At last I find it fun. The resorts are a large part of our visit, so have fun. :)

We are driving. Just out of curiosity, how does DVC rental work? We aren’t members. We don’t go very often.
Rental can be done by non-members. Basically, you are paying a DVC owner to use their points. Make sure you thoroughly check terms and conditions and stick with a well known agency, like David's. Some rentals can't be changed or refunded and require payment in full at booking. It can be a good deal (especially since you won't pay for parking at the resort), but you have to do some research.

Just trying to get an idea of cost for those specifics, but don’t they change all the time? That’s what I meant by impossible, not that staying at the resort is for sure.
I do know that we will probably get a retired military discount as my father, who would be booking but not going is retired active duty. Or am I wrong?
You may be able to get a military discount on your room, however you have to call Disney to check availability, at least right now. Shades of Green is also an option for military.

Rental can be done by non-members. Basically, you are paying a DVC owner to use their points. Make sure you thoroughly check terms and conditions and stick with a well known agency, like David's. Some rentals can't be changed or refunded and require payment in full at booking. It can be a good deal (especially since you won't pay for parking at the resort), but you have to do some research.
What is Davids agency?

I hope my post does not come off as negative because that's not what I intend. BUT, you're worrying about costs far too soon. You say this trip is a few years away! There is no way to know what the prices will be in a few years. I even see the resort prices fluctuate significantly during different months in the same calendar year. So just look at the prices now and know they could be less but will most likely be more whenever you decide to book your trip.

AKL is fun. I think you all will like it!

I hope my post does not come off as negative because that's not what I intend. BUT, you're worrying about costs far too soon. You say this trip is a few years away! There is no way to know what the prices will be in a few years. I even see the resort prices fluctuate significantly during different months in the same calendar year. So just look at the prices now and know they could be less but will most likely be more whenever you decide to book your trip.

AKL is fun. I think you all will like it!
Thanks! I’ll worry about prices in a few years then. We cannot wait! What’s the atmosphere like?
I know it can’t be better than Grand Floridian, but looks amazing!!

You don't have to stick with an agency. Members rent their points all the time. You're just safer going w/ an agency so you won't run the risk of being scammed. It's rare but it happens. I've been an owner and rented from owners multiple times. Used an agency once. For someone new to renting, I'd recommend the service.

Thanks! I’ll worry about prices in a few years then. We cannot wait! What’s the atmosphere like?

You might be surprised...people are entitled to their opinions but the hotel side of the Grand Floridian is pretty sad lol, in my opinion.

It CAN be better than the GF. It depends on your style preferences. They re at the opposite end of the spectrum in style. We MUCH prefer the AKL because of it's atmosphere and decor. It's like taking a step onto another continent. There's nothing like it anywhere in the States. The Victorian theming at the GF is pretty common. The closest in feel to AKL would probably be the WL because they were designed by the same architect. The cast members are all great anywhere, so go w/ the style you like.

The prices in a few years will likely be a little more, but honestly, not much comparatively.

Very different. GF was our resort earlier this month and AKL is where we are staying during our first May trip (yes, my partner and I have a problem lol). IMO, AKL is all about the animals. Not only seeing them from your room, but also watching them feed and interacting with the staff members that have great knowledge of them. As you would expect, there are more kids running around than GF (there are plenty at GF, but more at AKL). The in resort dining options are very different than GF, but that's not a bad thing

Think of it this way. AKL is more of a destination resort where there is a lot to do other than relax which of course are the animals. If you are looking to spend time at a resort AKL is by far the place to stay. GF is more of a resort to relax at before or after the theme for those who are willing to pay for and use the extensive amenities it has to offer.

Planning a trip- not even booking for a few years yet- but just trying to get an idea which may be impossible- prices change
3 adults
Savanna View
3 days 4 nights
Handicapped accessible
Also planning on doing a 4 night Disney Bahamas cruise before and after.
I'd take a look at current prices for 2022 here https://www.mousesavers.com/2022-animal-kingdom-lodge-room-rates-season-dates/
and then hope for some type of discount when you book or something you can add after you book. Count on 2023 being higher, not lower. You could also do DVC points for AKV but that's got a few extra steps than booking directly with Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter