Animal Kingdom Lodge - Should I be concerned...

funkyspunky871

Mouseketeer
About getting two queen beds in a standard view room?

When I booked, the only option available was "2 queens or 1 king." It didn't let me specify that I need 2 queens because there's 4 adults in the room and a king just won't cut it.

Should I call and make sure this is added as a special request or will Disney see that I have 4 adults and put me in an appropriate accommodation? I think I had the CM do it the last time I called about adding the DDP and since then, I've been too nervous to request anything else (like being close to the lobby is important to us.)

Maybe it's silly but just the thought that they may try to put us into a king bed room has been worrying me! Lol! Most other hotel reservation bookings let you specify!

Edit: I guess I should clarify that we're going from Dec. 16-19, if the busy season makes any difference in room arrangements.

A king room has a max occupancy of two plus one under 3 yrs. old. You have zero percent chance of being assigned one with your party.
Whew. Thanks so much! Here I was freaking out a little, wondering if we should bring the blow-up mattress just in case. haha

About getting two queen beds in a standard view room?

When I booked, the only option available was "2 queens or 1 king." It didn't let me specify that I need 2 queens because there's 4 adults in the room and a king just won't cut it.

Should I call and make sure this is added as a special request or will Disney see that I have 4 adults and put me in an appropriate accommodation? I think I had the CM do it the last time I called about adding the DDP and since then, I've been too nervous to request anything else (like being close to the lobby is important to us.)

Maybe it's silly but just the thought that they may try to put us into a king bed room has been worrying me! Lol! Most other hotel reservation bookings let you specify!

Edit: I guess I should clarify that we're going from Dec. 16-19, if the busy season makes any difference in room arrangements.

A king room has a max occupancy of two plus one under 3 yrs. old. You have zero percent chance of being assigned one with your party.

Funny story: A few years back, we did a split stay and when we switched to the GF to check-in, myself and my two DD's went ahead to find our room while DH was gathering our suitcases. Upon entering the room, my youngest was the first one and I hear "what the heck, where are we all supposed to sleep"? I walk in and see it was just a King bed and there was 4 of us!! As my husband and CM were approaching the room, I had to tell them there was a mess up. The CM looked completely embarrassed and kept apologizing saying it should never have happened. Back to the front desk and almost an hour later, they assigned us a new room and threw us some pixie dust for the inconvenience. So I guess it can happen but if it does, it would be rectified!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter