Animal Kingdom Lodge (AKL) Direct Sales Incentive

Yeah, we unfortunately had to sell a very recently purchased 100pt AKL resale contract to help soften the blow of the 200pt direct purchase. The AKL points had been in our account for barely a week! 😛 Oh well, we ended up selling it for more than we purchased so after commission it ended up being a wash.
First time purchasing direct and man they don't lie, it's such a walk in the park compared to resale. The points were in our account later that afternoon!

Or just keep all the points! Forever! :P but really it's not a bad idea to switch over and get those direct perks/points able to book at RIV/VDH if that matters to you.
We are actually the weird in betweeners who can book Riviera, but have no other perks.

With the VDH mess. I'm considering adding 200 direct AKL points instead.
It made me so glad I picked up AKV resale when I did. I got more points at probably the best resale prices we’ve seen in years. Honestly your direct AKV points likely will be good to use at VDH for awhile since I doubt that resort is going to sell out soon and 7 month availability will likely be decent.

It made me so glad I picked up AKV resale when I did. I got more points at probably the best resale prices we’ve seen in years. Honestly your direct AKV points likely will be good to use at VDH for awhile since I doubt that resort is going to sell out soon and 7 month availability will likely be decent.
I also have resale AKV. Bought last year during the ROFR bloodbath. With the current incentives, it's less than $30 difference from what I paid.

You touched on my thinking as well. I can probably book VDH at the 7 month for a while. When that dries up, worst case, I could rent and pay for a few cash stays at DL.

I also have resale AKV. Bought last year during the ROFR bloodbath. With the current incentives, it's less than $30 difference from what I paid.

You touched on my thinking as well. I can probably book VDH at the 7 month for a while. When that dries up, worst case, I could rent and pay for a few cash stays at DL.
Or just buy at the superior hotel, VGC :P

As some have already pointed out:

If a person was going to buy VDH, I think this deal at $165 is an excellent alternative as there should be plenty of availability at VDH for some time.

Plus, if VDH is booked for the time you want, then with unrestricted points there's lots of other options.

But, if wanting to use only at AKV then resale is just too good of a deal to pass up.

That was a great solution........last week!
Hahaha I know they're all gone now but I guarantee they'll be back sooner or later. Everyone got caught up in a buying frenzy just because they released the VDH news. I'm not particularly in the market for VGC points right now anyways but in another 5 years likely will be.

they would temporarily drop the initial buy in for Blue Card Benefits back down to 25 points.

There is no payoff for Disney with that. They add more members and now have to stretch their marketing budget even further with no payoff.

They increased the point requirement to drive people direct and make X amount of profit so that Y amount of money could be redirected to the marketing budget for the benefits.

Well, I did the deal yesterday with my guide. 200 direct points at AKL. Too good to pass up.

$165 per point with incentives. I had to choice of getting 2022 points, or waiting for June 1st to get 2023 points.

I chose to wait for 2023 points. Doing this, they pay me $21 per point for the 2022 points. Effectively lowering the cost to $144 per point. Well worth a 5 week wait.

I don't think we'll ever see direct points that cheap again.

Well, I did the deal yesterday with my guide. 200 direct points at AKL. Too good to pass up.

$165 per point with incentives. I had to choice of getting 2022 points, or waiting for June 1st to get 2023 points.

I chose to wait for 2023 points. Doing this, they pay me $21 per point for the 2022 points. Effectively lowering the cost to $144 per point. Well worth a 5 week wait.

Congrats! I wish I would have known about the buyback when I purchased. Getting that down to $144/pt is incredible. Although who am I kidding, when those points hit my account I had some booked to a future vacation by the end of the day :)

Congrats! I wish I would have known about the buyback when I purchased. Getting that down to $144/pt is incredible. Although who am I kidding, when those points hit my account I had some booked to a future vacation by the end of the day :)
Yeah, I paid $136/pt resale for AKL last summer during the ROFR bloodbath. Made this feel very affordable. My bank account says differently.

Yeah, I paid $136/pt resale for AKL last summer during the ROFR bloodbath. Made this feel very affordable. My bank account says differently.
Its pretty crazy that they were ROFRing AKV so high last year and then decided to turn around and sell the points for not that much more than what they were buying back at. The return they got on those points probably wasn’t worth the investment.

Its pretty crazy that they were ROFRing AKV so high last year and then decided to turn around and sell the points for not that much more than what they were buying back at. The return they got on those points probably wasn’t worth the investment.

Exactly, I had one taken at $135 last year.

They probably made some money using the points for cash stays, but definitely didn't on the flip.

That what I decided to do. Best choice for me at the moment, and sounded that it benefitted you too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter