Animal Kingdom Jambo House

We stayed there in April.
Eerily quiet is a good term.
Mara and Sanaa were the only dining options.
The store at Kidani was open.
Kidani was about as busy as usual, but Jambo was nearly empty.

We stayed at Jambo last weekend - it was WONDERFUL. Mara is open with a very limited menu (VERY limited) and the pool was heaven... super quiet. As others stated, the giftshop is closet. Lobby is super quiet and it's really enjoyable to wander around and see animals.

The whole resort was super quiet and it was awesome!

We are at Kidani right now, and I think it’s awesome over at Jambo as well. Hearing the low BG music in the lobby was nice since I was expecting dead dead quiet. May go back later just to get lost in the lobby

What about the bars? We are coming in Sunday and have a rental car, so we will be buying some beer for DH, but I like to have a cocktail every so often. May need to pack some vodka!

Thanks! I had read somewhere that the pool bar at Jambo was only open Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Is this true? Guessing the small indoor bar is closed?

Thanks! I had read somewhere that the pool bar at Jambo was only open Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Is this true? Guessing the small indoor bar is closed?
I was there during the week (Tuesday-Thursday) and Jambo pool bar was open. Victoria Falls is still closed sadly.

We stayed at Jambo in March. Order food. The selection at Kidani is very limited - although, the items are good (pre-made sandwiches and salads). You can also order QS at the Jambo pool. Everything is very quiet and the CS's there are super nice but the food/drinks/dry goods/t shirt options is very limited.

I know it's just guessing at this point, but does anyone think there may be a chance that the hotel part of Animal Kingdom Lodge may be open again before the end of the year?

It's my favorite place to stay on property, and I finally booked a trip back for early December, and I'd love to stay at Jambo again. Right now I'm staying at Coronado, which I'm fine with, but I know I'd be so much happier at AKL.

I know it's just guessing at this point, but does anyone think there may be a chance that the hotel part of Animal Kingdom Lodge may be open again before the end of the year?

It's my favorite place to stay on property, and I finally booked a trip back for early December, and I'd love to stay at Jambo again. Right now I'm staying at Coronado, which I'm fine with, but I know I'd be so much happier at AKL.
I have no way of knowing for certain, but it seems with some guidelines easing a bit, more and more people being vaccinated, and park capacities seemingly increasing - it seems likely they could open the 'cash' rooms at Jambo later this year. I expect an initial sign of movement might be when they reopen Jiko and/or Boma. We really miss the dining at Jambo - some of our favorite places to dine. Fingers crossed for some 2021 openings there.

I have no way of knowing for certain, but it seems with some guidelines easing a bit, more and more people being vaccinated, and park capacities seemingly increasing - it seems likely they could open the 'cash' rooms at Jambo later this year. I expect an initial sign of movement might be when they reopen Jiko and/or Boma. We really miss the dining at Jambo - some of our favorite places to dine. Fingers crossed for some 2021 openings there.

Boma is one of my favorite restaurants on Disney property, for both Breakfast and Dinner.

I doubt they open more options like Boma until the resort rooms open at AKL. The biggest issue with reopening AKL is the large size of the resort, 972 rooms they need to fill with guests and staff with both currently in short supply. However by 4th quarter things may have improved so much that it makes sense to reopen ALK fully with the restaurants.

Dave

I doubt they open more options like Boma until the resort rooms open at AKL. The biggest issue with reopening AKL is the large size of the resort, 972 rooms they need to fill with guests and staff with both currently in short supply. However by 4th quarter things may have improved so much that it makes sense to reopen ALK fully with the restaurants.

Dave
I understand what you're saying, and I agree to a certain extent. But AKL is a bit unique in that the Kidani rooms and a percentage of the Jambo rooms are already fairly full with DVC guests. One of the best perks for guests staying at AKL would be the amazing dining options. But right now, there are many guests staying at AKL who have very limited on-site options. Kind of a chicken and egg thing here - fill the rooms and then open dining, or open dining to bring the guests in?! At least things seem to be moving in the right direction for our future Disney experiences!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter