Animal Kingdom - Do I buy into Kidani or Jambo specifically?

Thanks a lot for your replies. We're going to buy into DVC next year and my wife would like to get a place that has 2 bathrooms for a 1 bedroom villa, so we're either thinking AKL or BLT. I know that some AKL 1 bedrooms don't have two baths (Jambo) so I wanted to make sure we could always reserve a place with two bathrooms.
I believe the new Poly tower will have 2 bathrooms with the one bedroom

I can’t remember how to find them, but DVC was required to file with the state floorplans showing the location of every Residential Unit in each new condominium association they created. I know I’ve seen links to them online but can’t remember where. I’ve been curious lately about my two tiny bits of BWV in my two contracts. The percentages I own of the two units are different, but each one represents 150 points!
Your reply inspired me to do a little googling - and I found this thread from the past that had a lot of good info in it - https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-unit-in-your-deed.3127685/. So thanks for the inspo to search a little more on this!

This was particularly the passage that helped me figure out how to search for what my Unit # correlates to in the hotel (it's Jambo 5543, 5545, 5547, & 5549)

"The information is available from records filed by Disney Vacation Development with the Orange County Comptroller. Since they are public records, they can be viewed and downloaded free of charge from the OCC website. Each time DVD declares more Units for a DVC resort, it files a Condo Related document that contains floor plans of the phases being declared. Once you find the right Condo Related for the resort that you want, then you match up the floor plans with a good map of the resort.

There are multiple Condo Related documents for each resort. The first AKV declaration was in January 2007 and there have been 32 declarations since then. The 32nd Declaration was recorded on May 17, 2013. Usually, but not always, the last declaration contains a list showing the dates of the previous declarations and the Phases/Units that were declared in each. If I'm looking for Unit 106A, I check for the Declaration that contains Phase 106. I then search the OCC database for a Condo Related about the time that that Declaration was filed."

Jambo and Kadani share the 11 month window, however they are in fact separate home resorts. Only the one that you own points at will technically be your home resort. (Technically)

You get the 11 month window at both resorts, but the points actually are associated with one specific resorts. The only difference that you will notice is when you go to book. Only the resort that your points are associated with will show up as one of your home resorts on the booking screen. The other one can be found by expanding the “show 15 resorts” section, although you can still book at 11 months at the other resort.

My original contract was at Kidani. When I bought 25 add on points I made sure they were Jambo points, so that Jambo also showed up as a home resort in my booking screen… when it comes to booking value and club level rooms every second you can save helps.

So I would say that technically speaking, it’s better to have Jambo points, because it puts Jambo as your home resort… and that’s where the difficult rooms are. Nothing at Kidani is super time critical.

Last edited:
Jambo and Kadani share the 11 month window, however they are in fact separate home resorts. Only the one that you own points at will technically be your home resort. (Technically)
I don't think this is true, even "technically". Jambo & Kidani are separate booking categories & separate buildings, but both are Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas, AKV. The home resort is AKV.

You get the 11 month window at both resorts, but the points actually are associated with one specific resorts. The only difference that you will notice is when you go to book. Only the resort that your points are associated with will show up as one of your home resorts on the booking screen. The other one can be found by expanding the “show 15 resorts” section, although you can still book at 11 months at the other resort.

My original contract was at Kidani. When I bought 25 add on points I made sure they were Jambo points, so that Jambo also showed up as a default home resort… when it comes to booking value and club level rooms every second you can save helps.

So I would say that technically speaking, it’s better to have Jambo points, because it puts Jambo as your home resort… and that’s where the difficult rooms are. Nothing at Kidani is super time critical.

I don't think this is true, even "technically". Jambo & Kidani are separate booking categories & separate buildings, but both are Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas, AKV. The home resort is AKV.
I promise you, it’s true. Disney has them listed as two separate home resort. Any Animal Kingdom owner can see this on the booking page.

- If your points are at Jambo House, Jambo House will display as a home resort.
- If your points are at Kidani Village, Kidani Village will display as a home resort.
- If you have multiple contracts where some points are at Jambo House and some points are at Kidani Village, then both resorts will show up as home resorts.

To be clear both resorts are a part of the same association and share the 11 month booking window, however they are still separate home resorts. Animal Kingdom lodge is not a home resort, Kidani and Jambo are. This is the only situation like this in all of DVC.

… As an example here is a screenshot of my home resorts. I own points at both Jambo and Kidani and they clearly show up as separate home resorts. If you only had points at one of the resorts, only that resort would show up as your home resort.

So yeah you do get the 11 month booking window at both, but owning one does not make the other your home resort. The booking window is based on the association, not the home resort. The two Animal Kingdom resorts is the only place where this comes into play though… 2 resorts / 1 association. :)

IMG_3759.jpeg

^Legally, the two AKV buildings are only one DVC Resort because the same POS applies to both of them. The POS was created when there was only Jambo and then Kidani rooms were added via a short amendment to that POS. Total points allowed to be sold are the combined points applicable to the two buildings.The only way they could be legally considered to be two separate DVC Resorts is for DVD to have used a different POS for each of the buildings, such as it did for BRV and CCV.

They both have all the same home resort rights and all AKV owners, regardless of which building their deeds are associated with, have all the same reservation rights, and DVD cannot change that to allowing a different home resort period for one of the buildings, or by limiting any member to reserving only the building with which his ownership interest is associated.

The online reservation system is set up the way it is, not because the two are separate DVC Resorts, but because DVD decided that choice of building should be guaranteed when making a reservation, and used which building that your purchase interest was associated with to make the distinction when initially going into the system to reserve. They did the same for VGF but via a different method. Since the new building had only studios, it designated the original building's studios as "Deluxe studios" and the new building as "Resort Studios," and like AKV, DVD cannot make the home resort rights different between each VGF building.

Last edited:
^Legally, the two AKV buildings are only one DVC Resort because the same POS applies to both of them. The POS was created when there was only Jambo and then Kidani rooms were added via a short amendment to that POS. Total points allowed to be sold are the combined points applicable to the two buildings.The only way they could be legally considered to be two separate DVC Resorts is for DVD to have used a different POS for each of the buildings, such as it did for BRV and CCV.

They both have all the same home resort rights and all AKV owners, regardless of which building their deeds are associated with, have all the same reservation rights, and DVD cannot change that to allowing a different home resort period for one of the buildings, or by limiting any member to reserving only the building with which his ownership interest is associated.

The online reservation system is set up the way it is, not because the two are separate DVC Resorts, but because DVD decided that choice of building should be guaranteed when making a reservation, and used which building that your purchase interest was associated with to make the distinction when initially going into the system to reserve. They did the same for VGF but via a different method. Since the new building had only studios, it designated the original building's studios as "Deluxe studios" and the new building as "Resort Studios," and like AKV, DVD cannot make the home resort rights different between each VGF building.
I think you’re confusing resorts and associations.

Animal Kingdom Vilas is the association. There are two resorts that are a part of the association. Animal Kingdom Vilas - Jambo House and Animal Kingdom Vilas - Kidani Village…. So yes there are two separate home resorts… that’s how it’s listed in the system, like it or not.

Grand Floridian is one resort and one association. Wilderness lodge is two resorts and two associations. The booking window is associated with the association and not the resort… that’s why Jambo and Kidani have the same booking window… but none the less they are literally listed as separate home resorts. If you only have one AKV contract only one of the resorts will show up as your home resort… but it’s the same condo association. So the 11 month booking window is shared.

A lot of people consider them the same home resort, because they are a single association… and that’s fine… but they are not the same home resort, and they are not listed that way.

Yes, legally AKV-Jambo and AKV-Kidani are separate resorts. We have points at Jambo. But from a reservation standpoint, my points don't care - I book at Kidani exactly the same way I do at Jambo. It does require me to click an additional box for Kidani when on the web site and looking for availability. So I barely notice them as 2 different resorts.

Here is a simple chart to show the DVC hierarchy, just to simplify it. There are 17 associations, but there are 18 home resorts. Booking windows are based on the association, not the home resort.
IMG_3761.jpeg

Attachments

• DVC Hierarchy.pdf
    41.4 KB · Views: 3
You are confusing things created for a computer system designed to show two buildings, because each can be reserved separately, with what they are legally. All the POS documents, including all related definitions in the POS documents refer to only one DVC Resort, the Animal Kingdom Villas. The words Kidani and Jambo are not mentioned in such documents.

The contracts for sale and deeds issued are for a legal interest in the Animal Kingdom Villas. Jambo and Kidani are not mentioned in those contracts and deeds. You can determine which building your deed refers to because the computer reservation system is set up to show it. The deeds provide the unit number (a combination of rooms) your property interest is attached to which numbers began at Jambo and continued with Kidani and it is all the combined units that make up the AKV DVC Resort. The defined common elements of the AKV DVC Resort includes all the common elements around both buildings. Your annual dues are determined as dues related to the entire AKV DVC Resort, not separately for each building, which would be legally required if, in fact, the two buildings were separate DVC Resorts. And the mention that only one association applies to both Jambo and Kidani actually further shows there is only one AKV DVC Resort, because, if there were in fact two separate AKV DVC Resorts, each would have its own association.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter