Animal Kingdom Disney Day Help

Bridgett_Anna

Mouseketeer
Hello! I am taking two of my friends using tickets I got from performing in candlelight. They are 1 day park admission. Now they decided they want to go to AK. I am a passholder and always go to AK & HS in the same day because they are half day parks. I’m getting FPs to Everest, River journey, and maybe dinosaur. One of them has never been to AK before. This question is a silly one that pops up all of the time, but how do I make the most out of this visit? I really want to make it the best trip ever because they normally aren’t able to go to Disney. What are some of your favorite things to do in AK? I am also thinking about taking a mid day break and going to look around the resorts!

Thank you for helping me. I’m very dysfunctional and I need the help from awesome people like you ☺️

Remember, they don't have the experience you do at Disney World. They will love it all.

I would check that everyone is okay with roller coasters, for example before using a fastpass for it.

Keep in mind you can do fastpasses on the run after using your three advance fastpasses. Recently, I've heard of someone actually doing 21 fastpasses in one day.

Avoid going to Animal Kingdom on an early extra magic morning.

Don't backtrack too much; it wastes time.

I wouldn't leave the park until you are ready to quit for the day. Take a rest by doing some shows at the park if need be. You can do resorts after you leave the park if everyone wants to do it.

There is plenty enough to do in one day at AK to get there at RD and stay through the Tree of Life Awakenings. I really enjoy Festival of the Lion King and can't walk past the musician/dancing group in Africa without stopping to watch for at least 10 minutes.

AK a half day park? Do you actually spend time looking around at the park, see the shows, walk the trails, see the musicians? If you do that, and the rides, its easily an all day park.
I would see what your friends want to do/ can or cannot do.
For us the minimum: FoP, safari, EE (several times), lion King, Nemo, dinosaur, the Gorilla Falls trail, the Maharajah trail, discovery trail, musicians. Can do or skip bugs Life, Navi, Rivers of Light.
If your friends have never been there, I would see RoL once followed by the Tree of Life Awakening.

The trail around the Tree of Life is wonderful and we love the Lion King show. If you slow down and enjoy the relaxed pace of AK, there is more than enough to discover and do in a day.

This question is a silly one that pops up all of the time, but how do I make the most out of this visit?
You can make a pretty full day of the park. Do the nature trails for sure, don't just want through actually look at the animals and take your time. I would consider going at RD to do the safari hitting that first. I'm not sure when your day there is but if you can get a FoP FP that would definitly be more memorable than Navi River. Maybe plan a TS meal - they have a couple restaurants linked to the Rivers of light as a dining package -Tusker and Tiffins. I would avoid leaving the park as it does just waste time, unless you were going to AKL to eat at Boma or Kidani to eat at Sanna. Catch the FoLK show. Hit all the shops - It is one park that has more unique things in their shops. If you plan to be there after dark make sure you go into pandora after dark -- simply amazing. Stop and watch the tree of life awakenings. If you want -- save your Everest fast pass use it for the safari and just hit Everest at park close. We did this and were able to walk on 2 times right before park close I think we rode our first ride at 7:50 and ran right back around to get on before official close at 8pm.

Sometimes when you go often you lose sight of seeing the little things that make the parks magical.

Animal Kingdom is always a full day park and that is skipping EE (my Mom is kind of meh about it and I don't really care either way) and Kali River Rapids (hate getting that wet) most of the time. We had a day a few years ago that we never made it out of Africa and were there all day. And on a 10 day trip, we are there at least 3 full days. Things that we do include:
  • Riding the safari at least 2-3 times (it is different every time). We have done as many as 5 safari rides in a day).
  • Festival of the Lion King - best show on property
  • Walk the trails (Pangani and Maharajah) - take your time looking at animals and talking to the cast members. They are always willing to tell you all about the various animals. Last time we were there, there were baby ducks in the bird/fish area of Pangani Trail that had been born the night before and were amazing to see.
  • Dinoland - ride Dinosaur and Dino Dumbo (sorry no idea the real name as we call it Dino dumbo). Primevil Whirl is also neat, but the spinning really gets to me. Nemo Show is also near by and worth seeing if you have not seen it before. It is not an every visit show for us though like Lion King.
  • Visit characters - You can see Mickey and Minnie together at the Adventurer's Post. We saw Chip and Dale in Dino costumes in September. Other characters in fun costumes.
  • Pandora - Flight of Passage is amazing. The whole area is incredibly themed and even more beautiful at night! Navi was ok to us, but not a must do.
  • Tusker House - very fun character meal with more unique food choices. But check menus and something else may appeal to you more.
Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter