Animal Kingdom Day + MNSSHP? Doable???

brad813

DIS Veteran
I am planning to do the August 19th MNSSHP, but was wondering that, given there are no nighttime shows in Animal Kingdom right now, if it would be feasible to consider combining the two into one long day in the parks. I have a couple of possible alternative dates the last week of August. My time in Orlando will be on either side of a non-Disney cruise, so I am planning around that. I fly home August 31. Any advice would be most appreciated.

Last edited:
I could see doing both in one day, with an early start and late finish that day, if the weather cooperates! It probably depends on what you want to experience at AK during the day - perhaps Genie+ and/or ILL would make the day more efficient. And just an aside - AK has never had fireworks. They won't do them due to the animals.

I certainly think it's doable depending on how much you want to do at AK and if you get genie+ to help with wait times. For us its not a full day park, but we aren't big animal people. It may be a bit tiring, but I'm all for getting as much out of a vacation as possible unless there young kids along.

I certainly think it's doable depending on how much you want to do at AK and if you get genie+ to help with wait times. For us its not a full day park, but we aren't big animal people. It may be a bit tiring, but I'm all for getting as much out of a vacation as possible unless there young kids along.
Solo traveler.

I could see doing both in one day, with an early start and late finish that day, if the weather cooperates! It probably depends on what you want to experience at AK during the day - perhaps Genie+ and/or ILL would make the day more efficient. And just an aside - AK has never had fireworks. They won't do them due to the animals.
By fireworks, I meant all nighttime shows. I should have been more clear. Will edit it.

In the middle of August it will be one long HOT AND HUMID day in the parks. If you don't need to do everything at AK, you could definitely make it work. If this were my schedule, my plan would be to use ILL for FOP (because that is my must-do ride at all of WDW) and then plan to get their for the early park opening for on-site guests (because I would be on-site). I would probably hit Navi first and then head to KS (providing it's open). Then do Kali and then EE and then Dinosaur. Not sure if you want to do the shows, but most of those don't get up and running until mid to late morning, so you should be able to get most of your rides in before the shows.
I would need an afternoon break/nap if I was going to go to the party at night, so I would plan to leave AK by about 2 or 3pm to go back to my resort for a break/nap.

In the middle of August it will be one long HOT AND HUMID day in the parks. If you don't need to do everything at AK, you could definitely make it work. If this were my schedule, my plan would be to use ILL for FOP (because that is my must-do ride at all of WDW) and then plan to get their for the early park opening for on-site guests (because I would be on-site). I would probably hit Navi first and then head to KS (providing it's open). Then do Kali and then EE and then Dinosaur. Not sure if you want to do the shows, but most of those don't get up and running until mid to late morning, so you should be able to get most of your rides in before the shows.
I would need an afternoon break/nap if I was going to go to the party at night, so I would plan to leave AK by about 2 or 3pm to go back to my resort for a break/nap.
My plan was stay at a DS Off Site Official hotel for EMM, be at the park entrance at 7am, use ILL for FOP, do Navi and then hit KS using Genie+ or DAS(if I can get one. I have disabilities so worth a try). I do want to do Lion King but not sure on Nemo. EE might be a Single Rider line for me, if I do it. Definitely want to do Kali though, but planned to get an early dinner between 2 and 3 for a break, and be at MK around 4PM.

My plan was stay at a DS Off Site Official hotel for EMM, be at the park entrance at 7am, use ILL for FOP, do Navi and then hit KS using Genie+ or DAS(if I can get one. I have disabilities so worth a try). I do want to do Lion King but not sure on Nemo. EE might be a Single Rider line for me, if I do it. Definitely want to do Kali though, but planned to get an early dinner between 2 and 3 for a break, and be at MK around 4PM.
Sounds like a fun day - take a change of clothes!! Or 2....for Kali and the heat!! Just be ready to ILL and G+ before 7AM so you can grab them while in waiting for RD, or on you way to the entrance.

Sounds like a fun day - take a change of clothes!! Or 2....for Kali and the heat!! Just be ready to ILL and G+ before 7AM so you can grab them while in waiting for RD, or on you way to the entrance.
I know. My other option is to separate the two days, but with only having August 18-20 and August 27-30 in Orlando, it limits my options. I am doing a NCL cruise August 20-27.

If you're used to longer days then it's definitely possible. One of the only times I would recommend a break in between parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter