Animal Kingdom break time

lulubell.f

Miss Laura Forster
Hey guys!

Sorry if this has already been talked about previously, I couldn't find a thread.

I'm wondering if people can weigh in on the best ways to cool off or have some rest time in animal Kingdom! As someone who hates using valuable theme park time on shows (just not a big fan of theatre in general), I'm wondering about other ways besides going back to the hotel or leaving the park to have some time out of the sun and where I'm not walking a ton.

Thanks so much in advance for the advice! 🥰

Well, you don't have to like shows, but if you really are just wanting a break why not take a break in a show? Nemo is probably best as it is less intense, but FotLK is good too. After seeing both numerous times, I would be glad to take a break in either theatre on a hot day.

Other than theaters, your only air-conditioned break options would be restaurants.

I like to get a peach iced tea from the tea stand and just sit in the shade. For the record, I also hate most musicals but I enjoy the Nemo and Lion King shows. Nemo theater is much cooler inside though. The puppets are just mesmerizing to watch, especially when you’re bordering on heatstroke LOL

Not liking shows makes this a bit tougher. Do you not like any shows or just theatrical? Like would a 3D show be okay? IMO Festival of the Lion King is the best attraction on WDW property. Finding Nemo is incredible too.

Outside of that though I suggest the animal trails. There are two of them and they are great ways to relax a bit.

Some great bar options at Animal Kingdom too with Nomad, and Dawa Bar.

Hey guys!

Sorry if this has already been talked about previously, I couldn't find a thread.

I'm wondering if people can weigh in on the best ways to cool off or have some rest time in animal Kingdom! As someone who hates using valuable theme park time on shows (just not a big fan of theatre in general), I'm wondering about other ways besides going back to the hotel or leaving the park to have some time out of the sun and where I'm not walking a ton.

When someone says they don't want to waste time on shows, I wonder if the quality of what they have seen is perhaps holding them back from seeing something amazing.

The Lion King show is amazing and one of the top attractions at Animal Kingdom.

Festival of the Lion King is one our favorite ways to get out of the heat in AK. Yes, it is a show, but I don't think of it as "theatre" (and we are really into theatre), more like a big party with the music of the Lion King and a bunch of acrobatic acts and it has been phenomenal every time we have seen it. There really isn't a ton of air conditioned space in AK unless you want to wander through gift shops or sit in a restaurant.

Head over to Animal Kingdom Lodge. Kidani Village has a lovely view of the animals and if you have a refillable mug (or even if you don't) just get a nice drink and sit and relax on the balcony to the left of the lobby.
I also spent a few hours wandering the corridors admiring the native art and artifacts they have on display.

• Rafiki's planet watch (inside the building). They have the free drawing classes there, the 'vet' area to view, and some benches to sit on to enjoy the a/c. Closes around 5pm?
  • Finding Nemo show--40 minute show in the a/c.
  • Festival of the Lion King show--30 min show in the a/c
I know you don't like shows, but that is a way to get a long period of time in the a/c--especially when it's really hot and humid outside. Festival of the Lion King show is like 'cirque du soleil' lite--acrobats, fire dancer, singing, etc--so it's not a typical stage show.

Hey guys!

Festival of the Lion King is not a waste of time. It’s a spectacle. Go in with an open mind. I bet you would agree after seeing it.

I think sitting around doing nothing is more of a waste of time. Just my opinion.

Festival of lion king is very good and a nice way to relax. Other option would be to head to Animal Kingdom Lodge. The resort is very nice and the restaurants are quite good.
You can also enjoy the savana while you are there :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter