Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise/extended days at wdw 4/13-25 PTR :)

Luvin all the big give gifts you've been getting Angel. Esp love the Minnie mouse hat

Thank you so much for the prayers Gail :hug:

Ahrizel - Sorry, your packages didn't arrive today.

I found a few ants in the kitchen today. :( Hoping we can prevent it from becoming an invasion again. I took all of the cereal & other dry goods out of the cupboards that they were attracted to last time, and put them all in sterlite containers again. Tom's going to bring home the bait traps that the receptionist at the exterminator suggested last time (the ants stopped last time before we had a chance to try them). It was unbelievable how many ants managed to come in the first day the last time, and we were just gone to an appt. for Angel for a few hours - I don't want to think about what will happen if they're coming in while we're gone for 2 weeks. :eek:

We have crazy ant problems because I have two 3 year olds. We tried orkin and it was very expensive and didn't seem to be any more effective than anything else. We got some Bayer brand ant spray at Menards which we spray around the base of the house outside, and then the baseboards inside. It smells bad until it dries, usually 12 hours or so. Maybe you could spray before you leave so it has plenty of time to dry out? I don't know how it would impact Angel, but I would highly recommend it, it was less than $20 for a summer of ant free living.

We have crazy ant problems because I have two 3 year olds. We tried orkin and it was very expensive and didn't seem to be any more effective than anything else. We got some Bayer brand ant spray at Menards which we spray around the base of the house outside, and then the baseboards inside. It smells bad until it dries, usually 12 hours or so. Maybe you could spray before you leave so it has plenty of time to dry out? I don't know how it would impact Angel, but I would highly recommend it, it was less than $20 for a summer of ant free living.

I highly recommend Terro Ant Baits... It's gross at first , but it works better than ANYTHING I have ever used.... I try not to spray too much in the house but this stuff worked better than anything I ever tried...

Thank you Mary :hug: And there's no need for you to be sorry that the post office is behind in delivering. :) I've had a couple of other Big Givers that said the packages took longer to get here than they should have.

Thank you Emma :hug:

Thank you for the suggestion Jennifer. :hug: We can't spray inside, but even if we could, it won't work in our situation. Apparantly the ants are coming up the water or electrical pipes, and they enter through the outlet plate that is above the kitchen counter. When Tom went to talk to an exterminator, he was told that spraying the foundation outside would be useless too. It was very nice of them to tell us that their services wouldn't be effective, and to advise us the best way to try to eliminate them. We did know that it would most likely be a problem once it got warm again, because they told us that the scent trail they left before is strong enough for them to follow again (pretty amazing), but it hasn't been very warm here yet.

Thank you for the advise Nicole :hug: I'm not sure what the brand name is, but we got bait traps that contain borax, which they take back to the colony. We bought them last time, but it got cold & the ants stopped coming in before we used them, so we returned the traps. I would just feel better if we were going to be here to make sure it's working.

Your trip is so close! You must be so excited! Good luck with packing, and I hope you guys have a wonderful time!:cool1:

Thank you Jessica :hug:

Mary - I'm sorry, but the packages didn't arrive today. I'm pouting, cause your note has me :hyper: to see what you sent. :teeth:

Clinic called today to see if we can come next week instead of tomorrow because only one Dr. will be in tomorrow, and "they didn't want us to wait for hours." We're usually the first to arrive at clinic, so we wouldn't be waiting any longer than usual. I explained that her labs needed to be done before we leave, but she didn't say we could go as planned. I may be wrong, but I have a feeling that the Dr. tomorrow is Angel's former clinic primary, and he is just avoiding us. She said she could squeeze us in Fri. Fri. is usually way busier than Thurs., and there are usually chemo kids that arrive way earlier than us, so we would probably be waiting much longer (which is another reason I think it's probably the former primary tomorrow). Fri. isn't good for Angel to miss school, due to her class schedule, and taking a quiz that she'll miss next week. I asked if we could just have the labs done in the town where her PCP is, so they arranged it.

I'm sorry about the delayed delivery, even called the postal service today. They said their delivery period extends to tomorrow, so I'm crossing fingers and toes that it does;) Here's hoping. Whatever happens it will be okay. You must be incredibly excited by now and incredibly busy getting ready. I hope you have a good few days before you go-with no ants!!
Mary

Thank you Mary :hug: I'm sure it will arrive in time. :)

It's been a day full of interruptions, and I haven't been able to pack at all. I'm determined to finish it tonight (besides what has to wait until Friday night). Hopefully I'll have time after that to post the pictures I'm behind on, but since Angel has some time tonight I'm going to have her go ahead and make her posts even though the pictures haven't been posted.

Thanks Lisa :hug: Hope you're feeling better. Glad you had a wonderful trip - hopefully when we get back I can start following some of the PTR/TRs. Yes, even Tom is getting excited ::yes:: (and he's not looking forward to being on the ship).

The coordinator emailed me today, and said she fixed the transfers this morning, and I was able to verify that. I'm assuming that she forgot about it until this morning when she saw the email I sent Fri.

Angel checked the thread before she went to school, and thought it was funny that I only posted one set of BG pictures. I had done something really stupid :blush: (stayed up all night), and needed to sleep. I'm off to the PO now, but hope to get the last 3 BGs posted before she gets home.

I am, thanks! I did start our TR today, so come on over and visit after you get home!
happy Tom is getting excited! love your new haircut!

such cute new big gives! really love the AK sets Andrea did!!!

hope you get all the labs figured out and Angel's #'s are good!

Thank you to MaryPoppins1964 for the wonderful eye spy bag and EPCOT passport book that you made for me. :goodvibes I always loved to play with an eye spy tube at our dentist's office, so I'm very excited to now have an eye spy bag to play around with. :) My mom wouldn't let me look for any of the items :-)p), so I'm eager to try to find them while we're at the airports. :) I love the passport book. :) The little Mickey and Minnie pictures are so cute and it's neat how the background of the pages show a picture of the country that's represented. It's going to be so much fun to use it. :)

My faith in the postal system is least partly restored, Angel's packages are in Champaign!!! Thank goodness :goodvibes Now hopefully you'll have them tomorrow. Just a few days now, I'm excited for you!!
Mary

Thank you to PrincessMickey for the beautiful Aurora purse that you made me. :lovestruc I love how it shows the A for both Aurora and my name and that it had all of my favorite colors on it. :rainbow: I really like the style of the purse. I can't wait to use it on the trip. :goodvibes

Thank you to Blyssfull for the adorable tic-tac-toe game and wonderful bag of goodies. :goodvibes It was fun to open the goody bag :) I just tried the popping candy and it surprised me when they started making noise in my mouth. :rotfl: The Mickey themed tic-tac-toe game is so cute. :lovestruc It will be fun to play it while waiting for our flights. :)

Thank you Lisa :hug: Glad you're feeling better. Looking forward to the TR. :)

Thank you Mary :hug: Yay that the packages should be here later today. :)

These are the packages that arrived Mon. :)

1zl3guq.jpg

The first one is from Blyssfull :lovestruc

2agvs6s.jpg
30w1bg7.jpg
xqmi47.jpg
nqra6r.jpg
She was determined to get the ball through the maze. Pretty sure she gave up though :teeth:

212cqxy.jpg
She was so silly that day, joking that the Smarties would make her smarter

98hyza.jpg
Always inspecting every little detail :)

289ajaa.jpg
Took her a minute to figure out what it was

2envsic.jpg
I already said she was being so silly - here she is playing by herself & saying "Oooo, I wonder who is going to win" :rotfl: And I just noticed that her shirt says Ooooo, so it's even funnier.

2jdi2ic.jpg
1zd7sw5.jpg

Thank you so much Beth for the adorable Mickey tic-tac-toe, and the fun goodie bag with the notebook, ball & cup game, circle maker, card game, maze, ring, popper, marker stamper, and candy! :hug:

This one is from MaryPoppins1964 :lovestruc

zw0wfs.jpg
28i9rbr.jpg
js14xh.jpg

jh3aex.jpg
3027x51.jpg
2uscznm.jpg
"Ooo, what's this?"

2q87tpt.jpg
"A pretty pink turtle!" That's when I took it away from her :rotfl: , or she'd have found them all instead of taking it on the trip.

20k9eec.jpg
54irfk.jpg

Just a few of the pages:

n5lceb.jpg
dh4psj.jpg

Thank you so much Cathy for the wonderful eye spy bag, and the fantastic EPCOT passport! :hug:

Sorry Sarah :hug: , I just got the pictures from your package cropped & ready, but I am just so tired, and have to drive Angel for her labwork this morning, so I need to go to bed. I'll make sure I get them posted today. :)

Thank you to PrincessMickey for the beautiful Aurora purse that you made me. :lovestruc I love how it shows the A for both Aurora and my name and that it had all of my favorite colors on it. :rainbow: I really like the style of the purse. I can't wait to use it on the trip. :goodvibes

I'm so glad you like it, I had alot of fun making it!! :lovestruc

Sorry Sarah :hug: , I just got the pictures from your package cropped & ready, but I am just so tired, and have to drive Angel for her labwork this morning, so I need to go to bed. I'll make sure I get them posted today. :)

No worries, I know you're busy. I'm just glad it finally arrived! :cool1:

Love the pictures and your comments about Angel inspecting each of her Big Give items! So many fun things to help make the time go by at the airport and during the airplane ride. The EPCOT Passport looks really neat too!

Praying for Angel's lab test that all will be well for her trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter