Angelrose's Journey

Today the nurse said he opened his eye again just a crack. While I was there she showed me what she does. After yelling his name in his ear and poking him she asks him to open his eyes. After a couple of times, she raises one lid for him and when it closes he opens it just a crack. That poor man is going to be deaf and black and blue. LOL I was holding his hand and he squeezed it and rubbed it like he always does. He was also moving a lot today for a couple of hours. Then he seemed like it was his nap time and he just relaxed. Tomorrow or Tuesday they are going to do the trach and put his feeding tube in his tummy. If he responds well to the trach and can breathe on his own and is able to cough that will be a big step forward. After that it's just a matter of time if he can be medically stable. Then they can move him to a rehab center closer to home.

I guess I just have to be happy with tiny improvements.

Today I went grocery shopping. It felt so strange to be doing that by myself. I haven't driven in a couple of years, but everything was fine. I do so miss my partner. We did everything together.

Again, thank you all for your support. You can't know what it means to me.

DISers are the BEST!

Ohhh your post brought tears to my eyes. I pray very soon he will be back at your side where he belongs. He seems to be taking baby steps to getting there so that is good news! I wish him every day better than the one before.:hug:

Today he wasn't active at all. He couldn't even open his eye at all. It seems like he used up all his energy yesterday when he was moving all around and opened his eye a crack with help from his nurse.

They are going to do the trach tomorrow morning at 10:15. The doctor says that usually after that is done, the patient wakes up within 3 or 4 days. I'm praying that happens.

Thank you all for being so caring.

I'll have the both of you in my thoughts. I hope he improves tomorrow. :hug:

Hang in there, it looks like he's trying real hard. Just keep talking to him.

Just saw this thread....prayers for you and your DH. He's squeezing your hand...so he knows you are there and that is wonderful! He's just letting his body repair like it's supposed to do....He'll open his eyes more soon!

I just found this thread. Prayers being offered for your husband. That he's responding sounds like a good sign, even if it is a little erratic. I'm so glad your family is being so supportive. That has to make things easier!

Sending prayers and good healing thoughts for your DH:hug:

How's your hubby doing? :hug: I truly hope you see some major improvement very quickly!! You are both in my thoughts and prayers!!!

You and your DH are in my prayers. I hope you see some major improvement SOON! :grouphug:

You are both in my thoughts. Hoping for more good news today. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter