Andy and Rae have set the 2005 date!!!!!

Originally posted by Verandah Man
[color=blue I told Rae that you would probably be a bit excited to hear that we chose April 30th as our 50th Birthday Celebration Cruise, I guess I was right!!! LOL!!![/b][/color]

You're right Andy! I can't wait! Now I have even more to look forward to! :Pinkbounc

Yes. For example, Disney's quote on this cruise (category 6 is $4566 - cruisetraveloutlet.com gave me a rate of $4002 - that's a savings of $564!!

I also just found out that I will not be allowed to keep my $400 onboard credit, but will get $200. Amazing that what's told on the ship is NOT what reality is.

Rae

ohhhhhh I wanna go too!!!! I was planning to rebook when I was onboard in May for next May but it looks like I might have to fly to Ca for that and no way am I doing that so I may book this date instead. I just checked the fares adn I can book all three of us for under 3,000!

Originally posted by aprilgail2
ohhhhhh I wanna go too!!!! I was planning to rebook when I was onboard in May for next May but it looks like I might have to fly to Ca for that and no way am I doing that so I may book this date instead. I just checked the fares adn I can book all three of us for under 3,000!

Come along.....the more the merrier!!!

I just switched my ressie to Ken at cruisetraveloutlet.com and my fare went from $2,589 to $2368. So I saved $220. That is for 3 of us in a cat. 10 sph and transfers, no insurance. Ken didnt seem super friendly, but Im sure everything will go well. Hey, I just figured out I saved almost 9% off of everything including taxes and transfers. All right! Thanks Rae! :D

one day, book a cruise during the summer months when
we can join you . I'm a "mean" mom, won't take the kids out of school - always go during summer breaks.I would love to meet all of you

I just could not resist! After all, I will be turning 50 in October! Funny, the ressies I made onboard in February to get the 10% off was the following week. (May 7th Western) Just got off the phone with DCL and did the change. Boy, the prices have gone up $100 in 1 month! Now I have to figure if I will save more money moving the reservation to Dreams or cruisetraveloutlet. I know with Dreams I will get the $200 rebate, so I will call your guy Rae and see what he quotes me.

I am sooooo excited! I think DCL better order extra shrimp for this sailing!::yes::

I hope the Florida schools are out this early or DD won't get to go with.

Robin

:sunny: I am so Bumbed::( we will not be able to do the cruise. I was looking so forward to meeting everyone. My son will be a Freshmen in collage and I don't want to pull him out. Hope we could do this again sometime. I know you will have a great time.

Originally posted by lwilliam
one day, book a cruise during the summer months when
we can join you . I'm a "mean" mom, won't take the kids out of school - always go during summer breaks.I would love to meet all of you

I don't think you are mean for not wanting to take your children out of school. I think schools are inflexible and do not take advantage of the opportunities foreign travel presents to students and their families. I applaud your interest and concern in your child's education - that is always commendable!

I have been on both sides (public and home school). I have taken my children out of public school and rescheduled our home schooling work to accomodate trips that would enhance my children's outlook on life.

This is NOT a judgment on you or your decision - so please don't take it wrong.

One of the big reasons most people will take their children out of school is the value of the cruise/airfare at non-peak times. Plus the heat of the Caribbean is oppressive during the summer, where as in spring and fall, it's quite pleasant - warm enough to swim and enjoy the beaches.

Regardless of what date Andy and I would have selected, there would be someone who could not go - I am sorry you can't be with us, but you can be with us in spirit and in prayer!!!

Rae

I want to go too!!! Our 2nd DD is getting married the week after (May 14th) and DH thinks paying for the wedding AND a cruise is too much!!! I told him it would be a great way for us to relax before the wedding, but I haven't been successful in convincing him YET!!!

I have secretly gone on line with Disney for a quote, and I'm taking that information with us on our upcoming cruise. I am so sure once DH experiences DCL he will give me the green light and we will rebook on board and join all of you good folks on the April 30th!!! I can be quite persistant and whiney if necessary!!! LOL!!!

Now I need some advice. Do you think I should confirm that ressie now or will it be okay to wait until our June cruise? Also would you suggest once we rebook on board, switching our ressies to DU once we are back home?

I really really want to do this cruise with all of you. It would be such a great time. (And Rae, you don't have to worry about the shrimp with me. I hate them!! You can have my share!!! LOL) (And Andy, I promise to keep my swim suit strap fully and secure in place!! LOL)

I really really want to do this cruise with all of you. It would be such a great time. (And Rae, you don't have to worry about the shrimp with me. I hate them!! You can have my share!!! LOL) (And Andy, I promise to keep my swim suit strap fully and secure in place!! LOL)

ROFLMBO!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hey, wait a minute, I want some of those shrimp!!!

ROFLMBO!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hey, wait a minute, I want some of those shrimp!!!

You can have my share, I HATE shrimp LOL...you can also have all my desserts since I just had weight loss surgery and can't eat any!!

You can have my share, I HATE shrimp LOL...you can also have all my desserts since I just had weight loss surgery and can't eat any!!

Best wishes to you on your recovery from surgery! My long distance BGF had it last year and went from 280 to 130. I didn't recognize her!! She says that now she can eat just about anything but small, small amounts. When I hear that I think....Hmmmmm, would that be 1 shrimp or two?????

Rae

Originally posted by rae519
Best wishes to you on your recovery from surgery! My long distance BGF had it last year and went from 280 to 130. I didn't recognize her!! She says that now she can eat just about anything but small, small amounts. When I hear that I think....Hmmmmm, would that be 1 shrimp or two?????

Rae

She must have had gasric bypass, I had the gastric banding, you lose much slower but by he end of 2 years you have caught up to the bypassers. I can actually eat 1/2 cup per meal, its easy at buffets, you take one of these, one of those etc LOL. Boy I can't wait to be in the 150's!!

So that means if I had it I could eat up to 1/2 cup of shrimp????
Don't know if that would be a miracle or penance?!

Rae

I am happy I made you guys laugh, but I really am looking for advice because I don't want to miss out on this opportunity to cruise with you guys!!

Should I throw a few $$ Disney's way now or will it be okay to wait until our June cruise and rebook on board? Do you think your cruise will sell out that fast? (I'm sure lots of these fellow DISers are dying to sail with you too!!)

WHAT SHOULD I DO????!!!!???

WOW!!! A girl after my own heart, I had better bring some sweatpants in case I can't fit into my dress pants by the end of the cruise, LOL!!!

Just so you know, Rae and I have both selected late dining.

Originally posted by EmmasGrammy
I am happy I made you guys laugh, but I really am looking for advice because I don't want to miss out on this opportunity to cruise with you guys!!

Should I throw a few $$ Disney's way now or will it be okay to wait until our June cruise and rebook on board? Do you think your cruise will sell out that fast? (I'm sure lots of these fellow DISers are dying to sail with you too!!)

WHAT SHOULD I DO????!!!!???

I'll tell you what I did. I booked the cruise yesterday and paid the deposit. When I get on our cruise in August, I'm going to see about rebooking the cruise onboard, so that I hopefully will qualify for the DVC points discount. At least I do know that I have this cruise booked regardless of what happens in August.

You could try and book it now, then take the ressie with you in June and see what you can do onboard and see what the price difference would be compared to any onboard booking discounts.

You could try and book it now, then take the ressie with you in June and see what you can do onboard and see what the price difference would be compared to any onboard booking discounts.

Good advise.

I again recommend cruisetraveloutlet.com - best rate plus 7% rebate! You can't beat that. I know, I'm one of the original "tightwads" and I have used him several times since his prices beat everyone out.

I'd like to see DU or CTO get a group rate and we could advertise that! Maybe I'll just give them a call!!!!

Rae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter