And they lived Happily Ever After....SBP/BlueZoo Feb 10th 2011

WDWDancer

Recruiting Mouse
All right I didn't do a planning journal so I am going to try my hand at writing a trip report. I will include some of our details that went into planning our Escape Wedding at Disney World.

Lets start with

Wedding Details

Locations: Sea Breeze Point

Date: 02/10/2011

Number of Guests: 17

No Rehearsal Dinner, but we did invite guest who wanted to wake up early to 1900 Park Fare for a Farewell Brunch. We weren't planning on a Bachelor/Bachelorette Party but we accidentally ended up having them...Tuesday night at JellyRolls :)

Informal lets share some of Ashley & George's favorite things in life Meet ‘n’ Greet: Saygo Cay at the Grand Floridian Dessert Party

Photography for wedding day: Randy Chapman

Officiant: Rev Jack Day

Floral: Disney (Rosie)

Hair & Makeup: Beaute Speciale (Ana & Laine)

Honeymoon Resorts: Disney's Yacht Club/Poly

How we came to be

I had grown up a "Disney" girl - my sister and I were blessed to have been able to travel to Disney World VERY often for family vacations. I loved it, the magic, escaping to a fantasy land where anything your heart desired could come true. It was a wonderful magical world for me. During college I had the oppurtunity to do the college program with Disney and I jumped at the chance; I wanted to stay but alas the rational side of me won. I came back home, graduated, and went on to what my parents considered a "real" job.

It was at work that I meet my prince charming :lovestruc Before he knew what had happened we were a major part of each others lives. George has taught me so much about life and love, he is my Prince Charming. We had been talking about marriage for a long time and the decision on where to have the wedding seemed to be the hardest part.

George's family was from the west coast, my family was from Michigan, and we were living in DC.:confused: Our first vacation as a couple was actually to Disney World for a weekend during the holidays; but other then that I didn't think my Prince Charming was as Disney Crazy as me (my dear fiance at the time was actually doing cage-fighting and more into horror movies then toy story)!! Well, we were in California looking at beach locations but nothing seemed to feel right to me. Our last night as we lay in bed watching TV a "Disney Dream" commercial came on; George says my face just lit up as I watched it and it was then he realized the perfect spot. After the commercial (because you cannot interrupt during those commercials) he looked at me and said "baby why don't we do a disney wedding?" after I recovered from the shock of that statement I replied with "but your not Disney!!" to which he laughed and then proclaimed his love of Disney to me....awwww

So that settled it I knew I wanted an "old hollywood/great gatsby" type wedding on Disneys Boardwalk.

FamilyofDay.jpg

Vendor Reviews

Kathleen Reynolds - Disney Fairytale Weddings What can I say Kathleen was amazing!! If you end up with Kathleen as your planner you will be in the most amazing capable hands ever. Kathleen really helped create my vision; she got “us,” she was quick to respond to my e-mails (sometimes within minutes), she fulfilled EVER request that I asked. We had made a special request to have the coach stamped onto the wedding cake but when the bakery couldn’t do the right size stamps I told Kathleen to just do whatever she thought would fit in with the vintage theme…..she delivered us an amazing choc/pink wedding cake that fit perfectly. I truly cannot say enough I was a mess the week leading up to the wedding stressing about the weather; she was there every day with phone calls to re-assure me things would be ok.

Rosie - Disney Floral Rosie was another perfect fit. Though I did't get to personally meet her on our wedding day I felt when we talked like she understood my visions. My flowers turned out exactly as I pictured, the rose wands were gorgeous, and the only thing I am disappointed about is not seeing what she had planned for Sea Breeze Point. Due to the rain we got moved inside and our decor was then changed. We had planned to do tulle/ribbon wrapped canopy out at Sea Breeze Point but I can honestly say that they made the St James Room fit into our theme. Rosie can be hard to get a hold of and sometimes you might wait awhile for a response but she will create a dream for you.

Disney Photography - Ty Ty was wonderful I cannot say how the photos turned out as I have not seen any yet. He seemed warm and worked well with Randy. Ty was our secondary photographer and I cannot wait to see the photos he took

Rev Jack Day I was so excited to have Rev Jack. I heard so many good things about him and I can say all those things are true and more. It really was like having a Grandfather marrying you. He was warm and kind and took time to speak to us both before the ceremony. I combined a couple of his ceremonies to create something unique to us and Rev Jack did such a wonderful job with it. He added in wisdom of his own and really made the ceremony something that was intimate and personal just what we wanted.

Randy Chapman I cannot say enough about Randy. I think this might have been one of the best decisions we made and to think we almost didn't have another photographer. George convinced me to go ahead and book Randy; I kept going back and forth on whether we needed the extra photographer. Randy was like having an old friend there. His eye is so unique and he really captured the look we were going for. I cannot say enough things about Randy...amazing!!
http://www.chapmanphotography.typepad.com/

Beaute Speciale Ana and Laine showed up on our wedding morning to do my hair and makeup. They were running a little late (there was a small mixup on times) but they were there and I was ready in pleanty of time. I had 2 pictures that I showed them but I explained that I fully trusted them and was ok with them taking free rein. They worked their magic and brought my vision to life. I cannot recommend them enough if you have an event and need work done. They put pictures on their blog of us if you'd like some pictures

http://beautespeciale.com/blog/?p=94

Perriwigs I know that this place has not always received the best reviews but we had no problems. I brought my sister and step daughter here Wednesday for manicures and they were wonderful. We had the salon to ourselves, they brought in another tech and table so we could all 3 sit side by side and get done at once. My sister and I had French Manicures done and 2 weeks later its still on. I am hard on my manicures and usually chip within a couple days!! The girls were warm and I would recommend it if you need somewhere close to get nails done.

Boardwalk Bakery OMG the cake...it was delicious. I didn't get to eat alot so far but what I have had was to die for :)

ashleygeorgewdwwedding127.jpg

ashleygeorgewdwwedding166.jpg

congratulations! It all looks great so far.

just out of sheer cakey interest - what flavor did you have your cake?

can't wait to see more :)

Did you ever write a trip report?

Id love to see more pictures if your going to put them up?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter