• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

And the award for best support character goes to...

wdi2b

why is the rum always gone
So we all know that support characters make the movie. (mushu, turk, flounder, etc.) But who is everyone's favorite?

I would like to say that my favorite (atm, it usually changes thrugh the seasons) is Bartholomew Quigley Smeethington. SMEE!!! mainly he's my favorite support because of how captain hooks yells out SMEE! then the "I'll save you captain"

so who is your favorite support character? genie? pegasus? who?

Hey!

Well, funny thing this came up. I'm a bit of a writer and I love the support characters! What do you know!

In my opinion, support characters are so different and "support" the story and the main characters in so many different ways that it's hard to narrow them down. Disney really does an unbelievable job of portraying life in their characters and in their movies.

So I'm just going to go throughwhat I feel like are the different types of support characters and name my favorites.

Honest and True support characters: These are the one who will stay friends no matter what. They will never abandon you in a bad situation and they care enough for you to honestly and even flat out tell you you're wrong and you need to fix it. My favorites in this catagory are Genie and Nala.

Extremely Loyal support characters: These are the, well, extremely loyal ones. Thry will follow their friends no matter what because they honestly like them and not because they're just sucking up or something. They can also tend to be truly noble characters. My favorites in this catagory are Flounder, Pegasus, and Dug.

Not So Good support characters: These are the ones that are on the "bad" side of the story, whether they know it or are oblivious, whether they chose it or not. These characters can be funny, or sometimes you really dislike them. Sometimes they switch sides, sometimes they don't. My favorites in this catagory are Iago, Smee, and LeFeau(Spelling?).

Comical support characters: These are the ones that can make you smile or laugh very easily. Sometimes they aren't even trying to make anyone laugh, but the audience is amused regardless. Sometimes these are the ones that get all the tricks played on them or all the bad luck. Often these characters are some of the best. My favorites in this catagory include Abu, Mushu, Pascal, Ray, and Maximus.

Wise/Knowledgable support characters: These are the characters that are very wise, smart, magical or even spiritual. In the movies, these characters often guide the hero in their own way, and end up becoming good friends with or mentors of the hero. My favorites in this catagory are Rafiki, Sebastian, Aslan and Cogsworth.

Okay, maybe I went overboard with that. Oh well. If you want to skip through all that, long story short I like them all for different reasons.

My favorite supporting character is probably Mushu. I think he is funny and he serves the story well. Although if we are talking about villains as well, then my favorite is Anastasia from Cinderella.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter