...and that's why you don't take kids that are over 21 to Disney World.

if you walk into MK with a styrofoam cup, what do you think will happen?

• Total voters

MeanestMomEver

Oh Boy!
At the end of our most recent trip (July 3-9, 2016) my husband and I vowed: Never Again.

We're done. No more. No more adult kids invited to join us on our Disney Trips. And we really mean it. Really.

Don't worry though. I also vowed to never go in the Summer again. In fact, I think it may have made a sworn statement in a previous trip report in which I almost died by spontaneously bursting into flames on a hike from a Rancho Room at the CSR to the food court.

This time, I'd declined the offer to go. My husband was speaking at a conference and my daughter, a college student, was presenting a paper (a first for her) at the same conference.

"Go right ahead. I'm Disneyed out." I said. I know, I know, Blasphemy, right?

But then I caught wind of this little tidbit. The conference was to be held at the Boardwalk Resort! And since staying at every Deluxe resort at least one night is on my Disney Bucket List Pinterest Board, I could, perhaps, be convinced...

"Ok. Ok. I'll go. Geesh!" I played it off casually. "Since you really want me to..." And boom! My husband had my flight booked faster than I could say bibbidibobbidieboo.

"Wait, what? I thought you said this was at the Boardwalk Resort?"

"Oh, no. That's some OTHER conference. I'm not invited to that one."

And with that, I was on the phone, checking room availability, 8 weeks before arrival. We ended up at POFQ and we had a great time. Neither of my 2 younger daughters had been there. And it was the resort where my oldest daughter didn't (verbally) tell us she was pregnant two years prior, so it has a soft spot in my heart. I quickly got pretty excited about it and began planning!

Rather than a typical trip report, I'm just going to make a list of things that made this trip unique and different or funny or weird for us. Because let's face it, nobody really wants to read that I got a fast pass for ---- and it was ---

1. My 21 year old Daughter, my husband and I flew down. My 25 year old, newly engaged (remember that) daughter flew in from California to go Disneying with us and then spend several days at home with us. This would be the 7th or 8 th time we foolishly justified vacationing with adult children by thinking it was probably the last time they would want to hang with us on a trip. Plus, D3 had a chance to present the paper and, while it was a great learning experience for her, let's be honest, I was all about the fun.

2. d3 sorority sister was there as a college program cast member and we were able to spend a little time with her. One neat thing we did with her, as her guest, was visit "cast connection," a store where cast members (and their guests) can purchase discounted park merchandise, retired furnishings from resorts, and select from a small amount of foods and snacks at realistic prices. For example, that orange that is $3 at the resort is .40. And I'm not complaining. I'm glad cast members have that available.

We bought some fantasy land plates that were regularly 17.99 for $4 and a few odds and ends at deep discounts. (Pens, erasers, etc) from the Disney LAND 75th anniversary merchandise collection. There was loads of that there.

Our friend told us that the prior weekend, there had been a Christmas in July sale and all Christmas Merchandise was $1. She said some people were able to get big Christmas train sets for $1 as well as all sorts of plush, nutcrackers, kitchen goods, etc.

We also missed out on Disney pillow pet style plush for just a couple dollars each but that's not an item we would have purchased anyway.

The furnishings area had old office desks for sale for 25 cents each! Nothing great but what a great way for a young college student to furnish an apartment, huh? Also in this area for sale at bargain prices were coffee tables, armoires and sleeper sofas from resorts, resort room wall art, fiestaware tea pots and cups, odds and ends dishes and artwork prints from previous giveaways.

Back to the merchandise area...there were Vera Bradley and Dooney and Bourke bags at roughy 25-50 percent off retail, apparel, toys, etc. Just odds and ends of a little bit of everything.

We also bought a Mickey fleece throw in a nylon bag for $5. It had been a purchase with purchase item in its past life. And we bought some starter pin sets with 8 pins and a lanyard @$9 each. We used these for a game later in the week. More on that later....

Last edited:
I'm in! I keep justifying Disney trips the same way to my husband, "it may be the last time we vacation as a family." He goes along with it but I know he doesn't fall for it!

Anxious to read more about your trip with your adult children! I've visited Disneyworld twice with my adult children and had a blast - only one thing that I was a little bit miffed about was that my youngest 3 sons did not want to stay too long at Magic Kingdom (just wanted to hit all of the mountains and leave - the blasphemy!! They barely stayed for watching Cinderella Castle light up during the Christmas holidays in all her glory!). I have a question - you mentioned getting some Disneyland 75th anniversary items.....since they just celebrated their 60th anniversary, were these items in anticipation of the 75th?

At the end of our most recent trip (July 3-9, 2016) my husband and I vowed: Never Again.

We're done. No more. No more adult kids invited to join us on our Disney Trips. And we really mean it. Really.

Don't worry though. I also vowed to never go in the Summer again. In fact, I think it may have made a sworn statement in a previous trip report in which I almost died by spontaneously bursting into flames on a hike from a Rancho Room at the CSR to the food court.

This time, I'd declined the offer to go. My husband was speaking at a conference and my daughter, a college student, was presenting a paper (a first for her) at the same conference.

"Go right ahead. I'm Disneyed out." I said. I know, I know, Blasphemy, right?

But then I caught wind of this little tidbit. The conference was to be held at the Boardwalk Resort! And since staying at every Deluxe resort at least one night is on my Disney Bucket List Pinterest Board, I could, perhaps, be convinced...

"Ok. Ok. I'll go. Geesh!" I played it off casually. "Since you really want me to..." And boom! My husband had my flight booked faster than I could say bibbidibobbidieboo.

"Wait, what? I thought you said this was at the Boardwalk Resort?"

"Oh, no. That's some OTHER conference. I'm not invited to that one."

And with that, I was on the phone, checking room availability, 8 weeks before arrival. We ended up at POFQ and we had a great time. Neither of my 2 younger daughters had been there. And it was the resort where my oldest daughter didn't (verbally) tell us she was pregnant two years prior, so it has a soft spot in my heart. I quickly got pretty excited about it and began planning!

Rather than a typical trip report, I'm just going to make a list of things that made this trip unique and different or funny or weird for us. Because let's face it, nobody really wants to read that I got a fast pass for ---- and it was ---

1. My 21 year old Daughter, Kristen, my husband Eric and I flew down from Indiana. My 25 year old, newly engaged (remember that) daughter, a special Ed teacher, flew in from California to go Disneying with us and then spend several days in IN with us. This would be the 7th or 8 th time we foolishly justified vacationing with adult children by thinking it was probably the last time they would want to hang with us on a trip. Plus, Kristen had a chance to present the paper and, while it was a great learning experience for her, let's be honest, I was all about the fun.

2. Kristen's sorority sister was there as a college program cast member and we were able to spend a little time with her. One neat thing we did with her, as her guest, was visit "cast connection," a store where cast members (and their guests) can purchase discounted park merchandise, retired furnishings from resorts, and select from a small amount of foods and snacks at realistic prices. For example, that orange that is $3 at the resort is .40. And I'm not complaining. I'm glad cast members have that available.

We bought some fantasy land plates that were regularly 17.99 for $4 and a few odds and ends at deep discounts. (Pens, erasers, etc) from the Disney LAND 75th anniversary merchandise collection. There was loads of that there.

Our friend told us that the prior weekend, there had been a Christmas in July sale and all Christmas Merchandise was $1. She said some people were able to get big Christmas train sets for $1 as well as all sorts of plush, nutcrackers, kitchen goods, etc.

We also missed out on Disney pillow pet style plush for just a couple dollars each but that's not an item we would have purchased anyway.

The furnishings area had old office desks for sale for 25 cents each! Nothing great but what a great way for a young college student to furnish an apartment, huh? Also in this area for sale at bargain prices were coffee tables, armoires and sleeper sofas from resorts, resort room wall art, fiestaware tea pots and cups, odds and ends dishes and artwork prints from previous giveaways.

Back to the merchandise area...there were Vera Bradley and Dooney and Bourke bags at roughy 25-50 percent off retail, apparel, toys, etc. Just odds and ends of a little bit of everything.

We also bought a Mickey fleece throw in a nylon bag for $5. It had been a purchase with purchase item in its past life. And we bought some starter pin sets with 8 pins and a lanyard @$9 each. We used these for a game later in the week. More on that later....

Happy to see you post again! Your previous trip reports were great! Are you still doing art? I would love to get one of your Disney pieces!

Following along as we really want our adult children (my wonderful stepsons) to take a trip with us in the near future. But as much as I want it I can see it being :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter