And that was without even a single drop of rum! UPDATES 5/16 Tower of Terror 10 Mile race

Well, as some of you may know I have another trip coming up shortly at the end of May for the 24 hour day and SWW. I am trying to decide what to do with this report. Obviously I'll want to write about the new one when I get back, but I don't want to just ditch this one. I also don't have the greatest notes for the next few days. I still have some really fun experiences and events I want to cover in this one...so I think I'm just going to do super quick, short posts for the next few days of the trips until I get into more MNSSHPs, the TOT race and Universal.

We all managed to be up early after our late night. This was really the first day where we would all be vacationing together. Brian's mom and sister had got in early the day before but decided to spend the day at DHS because it was the last day of the Frozen summer fun events and they hadn't seen that stuff.

It was an early magic hours day at Epcot and we managed to make it for opening, but by the time we got to TT the line was already kind of long so we just jumped into the non-existent single rider line.

I kind of miss the old TT. This one just kind of reminds me of Tron and I think the older one had the better story line. Though I do enjoy designing my own car.

We had our first FP+ for Soarin at 9. We had some time to kill so guess what we did...

It's a miracle I have so many different pictures of this ride.

Next up we had a date with Patrick.

Don't forget to take off these little beauties!

As much as I agree the Figment ride used to be a lot better before, I still really enjoy it.

Oh Nigel Channing, are you really that surprised by the turn of events?

I have always loved the unloading room with all the lights that disguise where you are.

I decided to design my own imagination dragon. Meet Fatoosky, the Russian awkward nerdy imagination dragon:

Next up, we were thirsty but we didn't feel like paying for a drink!! What would we do?! Certainly Disney doesn't give away anything for free!

These were new drinks than the ones we'd had last time. They may as well just switch it over to the Fanta shop. The only thing I don't like about Club Cool, well, besides Beverly, is that the floor is always super gross and sticky. I think one of my tennis shoes almost came off this time.

Next stop: World Showcase!

This weird wink I'm doing makes me look like a pirate I think. A Canadian pirate. Arrrr eh?

We stopped by the French bakery for some food. Really, this might be my favorite counter service at Epcot. So delicious.

We'd decided to do some Perry missions today.

I think these are really fun. All the effects and hidden things inside the countries. The only thing I don't like is that I think the dialogue can be a bit long sometimes.

Last edited:
Even though we'd just eaten at the French bakery, its hard not to constantly eat when their are food booths around.

I don't have the best notes from this day, but I am pretty sure we loved everything we got from the food booths.

We played another Perry mission in Japan. Look! There is Perry puttering around in a little boat.

Hidden Mickey in Morocco:

Aaaand we went back to France because it was hot and we wanted to cool down:

No wonder I gain weight on these trips. Sure, we walk 13 miles a day, but we also stop every 10 feet to eat. We spent the rest of the afternoon exploring and playing Perry missions.

We stopped to watch the Illuminations globe setting up.

Epcot is so pretty.

We took the Friendship boat across the lagoon:

Then it was time for our early dinner at Garden Grill.

I love this restaurant, but I un-ashamedly admit that I prefer the foods from the kids menu. Mac and cheese and sweet potato fries....yum.

It always feels like the characters are very playful at the Garden Grill.

Another hidden Mickey:

Last edited:
After stuffing ourselves until we were sick (I also highly recommend the kid's dessert, they are those little cones that have chocolate chip cookie type cake in them and icing), and then, it will come as a shock to no one that we took a boat ride to digest our food:

There was a short wait at the Visa character meet and greet so we stopped by to see who was there.

I'm not doing a blooper reel for today, but if I were this pic would totally make it:

This pic would also have made the bloopers:

I swear I don't know what I do with my face.

I wasn't feeling too well from stuffing myself silly at dinner, so we needed another tame ride so we did Figment again.

That is pretty much for that day. We called it an early night and were back at Saratoga to rest up for the next day.

Last edited:

The next day we decided to spend at AK! I have a ton of pictures for this day because really, it was one of the best AK days ever.

We were there at opening and made right for the Safari!

I think I've mentioned this before on the boards, but I actually went on an African safari...and Kilimanjari is just sooooo authentic I can't even believe it. Everything from the trees to the plants to the jeep itself to the animals and the atmosphere. Even that little hut in the queue looks like the office of our safari guides.

Gotta love these Chunker Monkers (as Stacy calls them).

I love this tree, and it is a real tree, btw.

AK really can't be beat in the details.

Grubby old pole with peeling paint??

Nope, just another authentic Disney detail.

It was already a hot morning so it was time for a tasty treat:

We were on our way to Asia but discovered a very short wait for:

My your arms are very long Louie.

Louie and I always have a good time. He likes that our hair is close in color and then he usually ends up asking if he can have some to cover up his bald spot. Poor guy.

Back on the path to Asia!

It was time to use our FP+ for Everest!

I wish they sold these posters:

Our train ended up malfunctioning and going crazy fast down the mountain, but we made it back safely.

Disney had the lake blocked off from view to begin to set up the new nighttime show, but for once I actually liked the fences they had up.

We were done with Asia and headed into:

We had to stop to see my boy:

This dinosaur is so awkward looking:

A different kind of dinosaur, our old buddy Marley:

We were hungry and near Pizzafari so we gave it a try.

This was a good place to have a decently cheap meal.

We shared a pizza, which came with a salad. We both got water and then a side of bread sticks. It was more than enough for us to share for a meal.

Pizzafari is all about predators. If you ever notice all the paintings on the wall they are predators.

Oops, I think I might have sat on a bug:

I love this fox. He looks so worried. He is like oh no birds please come back.

We were seeing birds all over the place on this trip:

We had never seen Festival of the Lion King in it's new digs, so we were very excited.

The show was excellent, as usual. I do think the new theater gives the show a little extra something though.

More birds!

If the birds ever decide to attack people like they did in the Alfred Hitchcock movie, AK is not a place I'd choose to be.

Another rare creature!

We'd never stumbled upon this little guy before. He won't be winning any beauty contests, but he is interesting.

We went over to Pocahontas' area to wait for her to come out. Today, instead of the red parrots there were a pair of green ones instead.

I think the green parrot color is my favorite.

While we were waiting for Pocahontas the skies just opened up and started to pour rain.

Luckily, I had Dungeon the umbrella. But with rain this bad we both couldn't really fit, so Brian took shelter under a fern. Which actually worked really well, he didn't get wet at all. So while he waited it out I took some pictures.

This guy was ok with the rain:

We waited for a ridiculous half an hour or so and the rain finally let up a little so we made a dash for the closest cover.

We looked around the shop and the rain finally fell to a small drizzle so we headed out in search of snacks.

We found some roasted nuts and the ocarina cup!

Then it started to pour again (geez) so we made for the train to hang out at Rafiki's Planet Watch.

They were doing an operation on a turtle. His shell had got run over off Disney property and someone had brought him to Disney so they were bandaging him up so his shell (I just tried to call it a shield hahaha) so it could grow back. It was actually pretty gross seeing under the bandage.

To counteract that grossness, here is some cuteness.

Then we saw Rafiki coming out so we rushed over.

I have no idea where we are all looking hahaha.

I asked him about his cool karate moves:

Then we took turns with the umbrella and wandered around the petting zoo.

This goat pays no mind to rain.

Back inside we looked at the few reptiles they had. I thought this snake was sleeping very artistically.

We took our time on the way out to look at the animals on the big mural. I found a couple super weird ones that I love:

The camel and puffer fish are priceless.

After we arrived back in Harambe we saw that the rain had scared everyone away and the safari had a short wait. I'll spare you most of the pics since we already went on it earlier.

Peekaboo!

I know these guys are the mascot of the safari, but I don't think I appreciated how beautiful they were until this particular ride.

Back through Asia to get to our last FP+ in Dinoland.

There are some good faces going on in this closeup:

On our way out we saw that Mickey and Minnie had a short wait so we got in line. I loved all the pictures they had of Mickey and Minnie's adventures.

We saw even more birds on the way out:

We took a bus to Epcot and when we arrived we saw a double rainbow!! Though you can't really tell in this pic:

I was a little sad because the rainbow went right over Spaceship Earth but I couldn't get a good picture of it.

So where did we head right away? Uh yeah, Living with the Land.

Next up was my favorite, Spaceship Earth!

Best outfit ever:

I like how the two options are TV and Plan my Day. I think I'll just go with the TV button.

Back outside, it was time to get dinner from the food booths we still hadn't visited. But first, the fountain of fire:

And a brief stop at TT.

We stopped by the Odyssey building where they had the craft beer area. We just wanted to see what it looked like inside.

Up next was a very sad time. This was the second to last day that Maelstrom would be open :( I love Maelstrom so much. So much craziness with the trolls and random polar bears and going backwards and ending at an oil rig.

Goodbye Chuck Norris.

Goodbye Dharma.

Goodbye creepy little boy whose eyes follow you everywhere.

Goodbye sparkly magical roof that I never could get a good pic of.

Goodbye angry troll.

Goodbye sail boat.

Goodbye road sign troll.

He looks sad.

You are probably not going anywhere so no goodbye to you.

We got some more food and found a standing table with a view of Illuminations.

Finale time!

And that was it. It had been a really good day even though we were both very sad about Maelstrom. Frozen does not belong in World Showcase, I would have had no problem if they'd put it in MK or even DHS.

OK, I lied. I am doing a blooper reel. Today's blooper reel is called simply: Animal Butts.

Without further ado, please enjoy: Animal Butts.

There are more but I'll spare you the rest :joker:

Man when you say lots of updates, you clearly mean lots of updates.

First, what a great day at Epcot. You're a girl after my own heart with the endless snacks. In fact sometimes I think this is all Epcot exists for me for ; )

I thought I loved the land, but you all clearly take it to a new level. :worship:

You got some really great AK pictures. I used to not be a huge fan of the park, but found its really about taking it slow and enjoying the smaller details. Your pictures really bring that to life.

RIP Maelstrom

:rotfl2:Animal butts!

Man when you say lots of updates, you clearly mean lots of updates.

First, what a great day at Epcot. You're a girl after my own heart with the endless snacks. In fact sometimes I think this is all Epcot exists for me for ; )

I thought I loved the land, but you all clearly take it to a new level. :worship:

You got some really great AK pictures. I used to not be a huge fan of the park, but found its really about taking it slow and enjoying the smaller details. Your pictures really bring that to life.

RIP Maelstrom

:rotfl2:Animal butts!

Yep, we leave in ....17 days for our next trip and I mean to have this finished.

Brian takes Living with the Land too far. And I go along because he goes willingly to Disney with me.

The details are just outstanding in AK. We took one of those tours of the park and we learned so much about all the thought that went into everything. For instance, did you know there is a hidden Jafar at AK?

Maelstrom :(

Next day was a DHS day! I know DHS gets little love on the DISboards, but I really love it. I love the old Hollywood idea of it. It has some really great little experiences like the Drawing Academy. I am also a huge SW fan so ST is amazing and I love Indy too and I've always wanted to be in the show. Basically the park has everything I love (except for Harry Potter).

We didn't arrive quite at opening and it was raining (of course, when during this trip wasn't it raining) so we went into the Animation Academy. A drawing had just started so we found the DHS character's indoor meeting spot which turned out to be the old queue for the Animation tour.

I liked Pluto's backstage pass.

Chip is such a ladies' munk.

A drawing class was about to start so we headed on in. We got to draw Sorcerer Mickey!

Brian ended up winning the drawing as well! Even better.

We got some blurry pics with Jake, who was meeting inside due to the rain. He was standing there all by himself so we kept him company.

I had heard rumors that the Indiana Jones stunt show might be closing. It is a favorite of mine so I wanted to see if I could get picked to volunteer. The rain had let up so the show went on.

I didn't end up getting picked :( I tried, but there was the most exuberant woman I'd ever heard who was sitting near me, so she got picked.

Since it had rained all morning, they did the abbreviated rain version of the show. It includes the opening scene, then the acrobats just tumbling around and the truck explosion.

ST didn't have a long line so that was our next ride. I wish they'd add a few more scenes, and I wonder if they are going to for the new movies.

After that it was time for some lunch, so we headed to Pizza Planet, our favorite DHS CS.

We shared a pizza.

We met up with Stephanie and their mom and took some TOT rides.

We wanted to do another drawing class after the TOT rides, but first we needed to say goodbye to Ralph and Vanellope who were leaving soon.

In the next drawing class we got to draw Dopey!

We wanted to see if Donald in what I fondly call his 'old man outfit' was meeting and he was!

Brian wanted to show Sorcerer Mickey his drawing, so back inside we went.

Mickey tried to set the drawing down against the wall and walk away, it was very cute. I guess he thought he could have a break and no one would notice that it was a drawing and not him.

Our FP+ were about to begin. First up was TSMM.

The rain started up again so we ducked into One Man's Dream. I love all the dioramas.

The rain was holding up for a while so we got some photopass pictures.

We hadn't seen the Beauty and the Beast show in a couple of trips so it was a good time to see it again.

A very special event was about to begin! Characterpalooza! Would the rain hold off this time?

Yes!

Donald was being adorable and doing a little dance.

Meeko was trying to tell us how hungry he was and that nobody ever fed him.

After a successful Characterpalooza, finally! We had a FP+ for RR.

Great poster!

The line was short so we ended up going twice!

Who wants to take a ride through the movies?

We got a really good Mugsy.

We were getting hungry so we wanted to try out some Frozen snacks.

We decided to go into Journey of the Little Mermaid cause it'd been a while since we'd last seen it.

I love Max, wish he did a meet and greet.

This might be an unpopular opinion, but now that Ariel has a ride in MK, I think this show should be turned into a Tangled one. I think they could do a neat effect and fill the theater with lanterns.

We were headed to my favorite show, Fantasmic!

So apparently nowadays Mushu and Robinhood could come out for characterpalooza. Those are Brian and mine holy grail characters...so I really hope we can see one or both next trip.

And my favorite part of the show, Eric is getting ready to unceremoniously toss a blanket over Ariel to hide her from view since all the other characters go inside the boat.

We headed back to Saratoga and took the short walk over to Downtown Disney to grab some sandwiches from the Earl.

Mmm holiday sandwich.

I also took a pic of the Saratoga Springs bedspreads because I loved that Todd and Copper were on them.

Oh. Robin Hood is my FAVORITE! I might die if I actually ever met him. Or I would at least start singing about running through the forest and a pox on the phony kind of England and my husband and kids might just leave me there to my own devices so that they don't die from embarrassment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter