And that was without even a single drop of rum! UPDATES 5/16 Tower of Terror 10 Mile race

Oh. Robin Hood is my FAVORITE! I might die if I actually ever met him. Or I would at least start singing about running through the forest and a pox on the phony kind of England and my husband and kids might just leave me there to my own devices so that they don't die from embarrassment.

Hahahaha! I hope we meet him at the same time because I want to see that!

Wow, what a great MGM day (yes in "old" Hollywood fashion I refuse to call it anything other than MGM). You all really packed the day full. Looks like you got all 3 attraction MGM has to offer in ; )

So happy you got to finally see Characterpalooza. And with Gapetto to boot, serious score.

Continuing on the character note, thanks for the tip on Jake and others being inside. I had no idea and my daughter is a huge fan. Though, did you say Ralph was going away? My daughter will be crushed.

Wow, what a great MGM day (yes in "old" Hollywood fashion I refuse to call it anything other than MGM). You all really packed the day full. Looks like you got all 3 attraction MGM has to offer in ; )

So happy you got to finally see Characterpalooza. And with Gapetto to boot, serious score.

Continuing on the character note, thanks for the tip on Jake and others being inside. I had no idea and my daughter is a huge fan. Though, did you say Ralph was going away? My daughter will be crushed.

Jake was only inside because it was raining. Usually he meets outside by the Disney Junior building with Sophia and I believe Doc McStuffins.

I still call it MGM a lot. And now they're changing it again, geez.

Yes Ralph is gone :( Baymax and Hiro meet there now.

Another morning was upon us! This day was our second MNSSHP! I can never get enough of MNSSHP. We were really looking forward to seeing the parade tonight that we'd missed last night.

Kind of off topic...but I'm sitting here kind of late at night writing this update. I just purchased one of those talking snowgies from the Frozen short. He refuses to talk...except every once in a while he makes this really weird deep noise. He is kind of freaking me out...hopefully I live through this update.

Anyway....

We had the morning and afternoon to get through first. We hadn't been to MK nearly enough and party days are always real low attendance days, so that is where we headed!

First up was an abandoned Big Thunder!

Absolutely no whistling! Disney is very serious about this.

I'm not really sure how we did it but we rode 7DMT. Did we actually wait in line?!

We don't know where the camera is for this ride so our faces are boring.

Then we were back in Frontierland to discover a new truth. You should never, ever leave the safety of your home. If you do, you will die.

Time for a nice refreshing drink!

Geez, I really wish I took better notes this trip. I see that we left the park after this...I'm not sure why we would come to do so few things. Oh well, sometimes I just don't understand me. Apparently we had to take the monorail to say another goodbye to the land of vikings and oil rigs.

I never really noticed the forest troll on this mural before. Now he is gone.

What a pretty day.

Hey Mike! Mike Mike Mike!

I don't remember what this was, but it was delicious!

No one ever seems to know that the Pooh characters are in the back of England. Except we know!

Ugh...that snowgie is doing a really malicious laugh right now...not even kidding. He is scaring me....and of course I have him staring right at me.

Why is his voice so deep...

Um anyway.

We definitely needed to make a stop at Puerto Rico for our favorite snacks again.

On our way out we stopped at the Visa character meet and greet to see who was there.

Then it was time to head back to the hotel to rest and get ready for the party!

What is that red, white, and blue drink on the right????? It looks amazing and I don't even know what it is.

Include me in the no one, but now I've been skooled ; )

I believe it is from the Sleepy Hollow treat place, or the snack stand in front of America in Epcot. It has red and blue icee mixed together, and you can also get it with ice cream. It doesn't just look amazing, it is amazing.

It really is a nice place to meet Pooh and Tigger. There is rarely ever a line.

We got all Guardian of the Galaxy costumed up and this time we hit MK right around 4. Mickey didn't have a long line, so we decided to go meet him. He wanted to show us a magic trick.

I'm going to spoil his trick here...he cheats. Yep. Mickey the mouse himself cheated at his own card trick. Hahaha.

We had a FP+ for Peter Pan. I always try to get pics of the London room, but since the ride is dark and in motion I can never get a good one.

So here is my bad one:

I had been wanting to meet Peter Pan all trip, but we kept just missing him. Unfortunately Peter was very awkward.

Ah well thanks for trying Peter.

We shared a meal again at Cosmic Ray's.

And another TTA ride!

The party had officially started so we headed to our first goal of the night!

Tarzan did not know what to make of my greenness. As Kermit says, it isn't easy being green. Tarzan was so funny and in character. He basically didn't know what anything was.

We'd seen half of the Aladdin characters, so seeing the other half was next on the list.

The princesses loved Rocket.

Then we were back to Mickey because we wanted to see his Halloween costume.

People were already lining up for the first parade.

Wooo scary ghost balloons...

I wanted to see Boo so we checked out the Tomorrowland dance party.

My boots were not being kind to my feet this night, so we took a rest at the Country Bear Jamboree with 4 of our closest friends hahaha.

We looked in on the Villain's Dance party again.

Then it was time to take our seats for the parade. Everyone ready for a blurry Headless Horseman pic?!

A few years ago we went to the stables at Fort Wilderness and met the headless horseman's horse. His name is Khan and he is probably one of the most beautiful horses I've ever seen in person.

The 10th wonder of the world...the backside of the Headless Horseman!

Just looking at these pictures makes me happy. This is my absolute favorite parade. Everything about it, the music and the atmosphere and the floats and characters in their costumes.

Its probably a good thing I don't live in Orlando, because all my money would go to MNSSHP tickets.

The country hoedown part of the parade always confuses me a bit. Its not very Halloweeny.

Hi rare villains!

After the parade we wandered around a bit and came across Baloo all by himself!!

There was only one other couple in the area, so the four of us had a good time talking and playing with Baloo.

We had to take the obligatory MNSSHP HM ride.

We decided to watch the fireworks from New Fantasyland. It really is good experience.

We found Stitch running amok.

Amok amok amok.

We had to convince Buzz that we were friendly aliens.

Next morning we were up super early to get checked out of Saratoga.

I really liked all the Disney horse touches at the resort.

We drove over to the Poly in a super incredibly packed car. We had luggage for 4 and there was a lot of stuff not packed that we just threw in the car, it was a mess.

We checked in and were led to the Hawaii building, which is the club level building. A very nice CM checked us in and gave us leis, our room was not ready which was ok because we hadn't really expected it. We really just wanted to get checked in so we could take advantage of the lounge food offerings. We grabbed some bottled water and croissants and fruit and headed off to the monorail. We had our Keys to the Kingdom tour today!

We managed to check in for the tour at 8:10 in MK. We had some extra time for some empty Main Street photopass pictures.

Up next is going to be a very detailed description of the tour. If you don't want tour spoilers, skip to the next picture in the report. We weren't allowed to take pictures on the tour.

Michael was our tour guide and he was a lot of fun and told so many stories. I liked the one he told of him and his gf having their first date at MK. How much fun would that be?
He told us the 4 tenants of Disney service: safety, courtesy, show, efficiency. Next we went to the little side street on Main Street and he pointed out Disney jail and we listened to the dance lessons from the upper window.

We talked a lot about the Main Street windows, Roy Disney is the only person to have 2 windows at WDW.

Walt's window is over the ice cream shop because he loved vanilla ice cream. You and me both, Walt. Sometimes its the simpler things/flavors.

Next we went back to the guest service area and watched the park open for the day. This was really fun. All the characters ran down from the train station after the opening show and bolted for backstage. They all were rushing to beat the crowds entering the park. I hate to say it, but it was really funny to be able to stand off to the side and watch people come hurtling into the park.

Then we slowly walked up Main Street and Michael told us about all the visual to pull you to certain places. IE how you can see the merry go round through the castle and that pulls you towards Fantasyland. For Tomorrowland it is the astro orbiters, the steamboat whistle is meant to pull you to Frontierland, even the spinning tea cups are meant to pull you in.

Adventureland has nothing to pull you in because it is meant to be unknown and adventure like. We headed into the unknown and rode the Jungle Cruise. Michael pointed out some little details. There is a scene with three boats and the figureheads on the boats are meant to be Mickey, Donald and Goofy. One of the attacking warriors says 'I love disco', which is not meant to be the popular dance craze but DIS co. The CMs call the hippos hippobottomlesses, because they are just tops. The waterways at MK are all interconnected. So the same water that goes through the rivers of America also go through the Jungle Cruise. Michael put on the boat's light in the temple building to show us that everything in the temple was complete even though you do the ride in the dark. This is in case people take flash pictures you won't see stationary figures or half completed figures.

We took a short bathroom break and then we went backstage! We entered the backstage next to Splash. Michael explained how the building backstage are painted 'go away green', which is a color that isn't used anywhere on stage in the parks. We went to the parade buildings and saw floats from the Christmas, Halloween and Electric Light parades.

We got to meet a lovely CM, Pace. He had been a friend of Peter Pan's until he was 32. He also let us know that the oldest Peter was 38. So much for never growing up. Once he outgrew Peter, he went to work in entertainment. He has been the elf car driver in MVMCP parade and told us a story about how he was once recognized for being the elf in a bar later that night. He had to deny it and felt pretty bad.

Pace told us how difficult it is to drive the floats and to see out of them. That is why the CMs are always so strict on keeping people and their feet out of the parade route. He talked a bit about all the maintenance that the light parade requires. All the bulbs are constantly checked in a certain rotation. Every strand rotates every 6 or so, that way in case one strand burns out you can't really see.

We got to check out the Splash water tank and were also told that there is a febreeze ring around garbage chutes to try to keep the smell down. Finally it was time to leave backstage. As we were walking out the Move it Shake it parade was getting ready to go. We were all excited to see Baloo without his head on. A lot of the dancers and characters were lying down and resting until the last possible minute and just trying to keep cool. It was so funny though, the second Minnie saw us she instantly got into character, like a light switch was flipped and started to wave and blow kisses. Those performers have got it down.

It was time for lunch at Columbia Harbour House. We had put in our orders that morning when we checked in. There was a section of the upstairs roped off for us. We all enjoyed our lunch and then it was time for a ride on HM. We stood in the queue for a while and learned some trivia about the HM. To be honest though, we've also taken the Marceline to MK tour and the HM is also on that tour and it was sooo much better. In that tour you actually get to go backstage and look at the ballroom scene. We did learn about all the chess figures on top of the HM. All except for the knight, because its always night at HM.

Then it was time to go down...to the utilidors! We passed Mary Poppins on the stairs and once she saw us she was also immediately in character. I found the utilidors really neat. Unfortunately at this point in the trip and day my feet were killing me. So if you want to do this tour, maybe do it at the start of the trip. The utilidors had lots of little displays on the walls, some of history, some of pins and other collectibles. We saw the pin trading area and the booth where CMs pick up their pins for the day. After the utilidor portion was over the tour was over.

We were all ready for a short break so we hopped onto the monorail to head back to the Poly. Our room was ready so we checked it out.

Today was our last day for our APs, so we left shortly after we arrived, but first we grabbed some drinks from the club level lounge.

I think earlier in the trip I had said Maelstrom closed in 2 days, but I got my dates mixed up. This day was actually the second to last day, so we had booked a FP+ to ride.

We hopped back onto the monorail to take our last ride to Epcot.

Everyone ready for an Epcot tour through the air?!

Since this was our last day for the APs we just wanted to repeat some favorites. First up was Mexico and Donald's boat ride!

I like this next picture a lot. I'd like to live on this beach ahaha.

We picked up a delicious margarita for the road. We had to down it (sooo difficult hahaha) because it was time for our last FP+ to Maelstrom :( So much sad. We were glad we had a FP+ because the line was over an hour.

Sigh. Another one bites the dust. So long Maelstrom. Thanks for all the trolls.

Next up we completely lost our minds. My feet were still really hurting but we thought maybe we should try for one more Characterpalooza. We made it to the boat to DHS but couldn't see one coming. We were cutting it close on time so we decided to walk...I don't know what in the world we were doing. We had the Tower of Terror 10 Mile race the next night, our feet already hurt and we were tired, but we walked all the way to DHS anyway. Idiots.

At least it didn't get rained out.

The characterpalooza Donald really likes to dance.

Pinocchio was showing us off he had no strings.

Then we were out!

We were headed back to Epcot so we went out to the bus stop.

We ended up having to wait 20 minutes. And this is what it looked like when the bus finally arrived:

Yeah, we got soaked.

We quickly finished up our last Epcot rides:

Yes, Living with the Land again.

And Spaceship Earth! My favorite.

Finally it was time to head out to the monorail.

We arrived back at the Poly with about a half hour until fireworks. The club lounge was only serving drinks and desserts at this time, so we stopped at the counter service restaurant to grab some dinner.

I really like the art style of these posters:

There is one poster for each longhouse at the Poly.

These were delicious:

And these were a letdown:

I swear I had read somewhere that Captain Cooks had the Ohana noodles. These were definitely not the Ohana noodles. Bleh.

We were going to watch the water light parade and hallowishes from the beach, but it had started to pour again so we met up with Brian's mom and sister in the club lounge to watch.

We trudged back up to our room to find these chocolates on our pillows!

We were definitely ready to sleep in the following morning to prepare for our 10 m

We slept in this morning and eventually rolled out of bed for our Ohana breakfast. It was the morning of the Tower of Terror 10 Mile race so we definitely needed to carb up (as if we hadn't been carb loading all trip).

We were seated right away and our food was brought out, but the first character did not show up for an hour :(

At least we got Stitch waffles.

The food was family style and you could have as much as you want. I thought the food was decent, but I was nowhere as impressed with the meal as I am with Ohana dinner.

Finally Stitch came by.

Stitch had been the mascot of the Tower of Terror race for all previous years, but for some reason this year he'd been taken off duty. We had a good time asking him why he'd been dumped.

Apparently he'd been bad, but he was planning on crashing the race anyway.

Mickey saw Brian's shirt and pointed and then was very sad. We asked him if he was sad about Maelstrom leaving and he said yes. I reminded him that he was the boss of Disney World and he should do something about it.

We headed out and started some laundry before taking off for the race expo.

But first, I took a panorama of our balcony view:

I love these type of billboards, I wish Disney would make more:

We had to park a loooong way away at the expo.

We picked up our race packets:

Had to get a picture of our future race banner:

We did a little bit of shopping and bought a few things, then we were back in the car so we could check into All Star Music for the rest of our stay.

We had other plans than hanging around Music, though. We headed back to the Poly to pick up our laundry.

We stopped in at the lounge for one last snack.

Because the Poly's main pool was being refurbished at this time, we had a free one day ticket to Blizzard Beach. So that is where we headed next. Our free ticket also got us a free towel and sun tan lotion. I didn't bring my phone inside, so I don't have any pics. Even though we arrived somewhat late in the afternoon, we still got a decent amount done. We rode in the lazy river, and did the 2 person slide, the teamboat slide, the toboggan races and Brian went into the wave pool. We stayed until BB closed at 5. Then it was back to the resort to relax before the race.

So it was finally time for the TOT 10 Mile race! Due to my own stupidity, my feet were hurting pretty bad from the vacation and I had a huge blister. Brian did some eagle scout magic with some moleskin and I magically did not feel the blister the rest of the evening.

We were at the lobby and waiting for a bus around 8 pm.

Very quickly a bus arrived and we were off. When we arrived we walked around for a bit, then lined up for the port o potties. We got into H, our corral, when there was a half hour left until race start. We started walking slowly out of the corrals as the elite runners and everyone else started. I believe there was only a couple minutes in between corral starts, they kept up a pretty decent pace. Each corral got fireworks and super dramatic music.

Finally we were up to the front and then we were off! I use an exclamation point, but its really more like your off with a splutter. There are so many people squished together for the start it takes a minute or two for everyone to separate. So it can be hard to start off running. Brian's mom and sister were in corrals behind us. We were pretty worried about his mom finishing, she was in the last corral and this was her first big race. Brian's mom, sister and myself all had pink light up bracelets on. I actually did spot his mom (due to the bracelet) on the opposite side of the highway from us on about mile 6.

All in all, it wasn't my best race but definitely not my worse. I really need to start scheduling these RunDisney trips with the race at the start of the trip so I'm not all exhausted and overfed.

The characters started to appear at the first mile marker. First up I believe was Jafar. We skipped him since he was at MNSSHP. Next was a giant spider. If I want pictures with giant spiders I can look for some in my bathroom (we just recently moved to Texas and it seems that Texas has a lot more spiders than Ohio).

Next was a group of characters that always make an appearance on the TOT race course, Scar and the Hyenas! I always want a pic with them but the line is always huge. So we got this one of Scar on top his ledge:

The Queen of Hearts was next, but she is out at MNSSHP as well. Facilier was next, he is not so common and had a very sweet background but the line was long so we just paused to take a pic:

Captain Hook was the last character before we turned onto the dirt path around ESPN wide world of sports. Jack and Sally were meeting on the dirt path, but I think we're the only people in the world who aren't huge NBC fans so we kept going. There were some giant bugs along the pathway (I guess to create atmosphere?). Finally we were off the dirt path and running around the sports complex. The next characters were some of my favorites and they had a short line so we stopped.

Next up were zombie football players near the football field. Last year we saw a zombie with a Steelers jersey, but this year we didn't see one so we didn't stop.

Right as we exited the WWOS we found our favorite character interaction of the race! There were only 2 people waiting for the Big Bad Wolf so we stopped.

We had a really great interaction, at the end I told the Wolf that we were getting pretty tired and I asked if he couldn't huff and puff and blow us on our way (I know, that was kind of bad phrasing (Archer reference)). So he got all puffed up and was so animated, when he blew out his air we took off. I wish we could have got a picture, it was really great and he was so good at miming the action.

The Ballroom dancers were next and we stopped even though they about a 10 minute wait. We were on about mile 7 and were starting to get tired so the wait was welcome.

Near the ballroom dancers was the entrance to Wide World of Sports on the other side of the street. We saw a sweeper bus sitting there waiting for people and we both got very sad. I don't like to see anyone swept at a Disney race, everyone works so hard :( Anyway, we were almost to the end of the race and we wanted to get to the after party so we kept moving.

This picture didn't come out too well, but as we pass under the DHS sign, Hades was standing on top yelling insults at all the runners. Haha, that sounds awful but it was actually very funny and seemed to lift a lot of people's spirits.

The final mile was pretty bad for me. My feet were hurting somewhat fierce so I had to blast my motivational song very loud on my ipod (this year's motivational song was 'be a man' from the Mulan soundtrack).

It was somewhat fun though because we got to run along the Backlot Tram tour road and go through the costuming area and then we ran through Pixar Place and all over DHS. The finish is at TOT so at least we could tell when we were almost done. Goofy in a bellhop uniform was standing right before the finish but volunteers were telling people you couldn't stop for pics with him. Weird. That was ok as I always like to sprint for the finish.

Our time was ok, this year, we hadn't topped last year's record but we were both tired from the long vacation we'd already had. We stopped for some quick finishing line pics:

My feet were pretty bad so Brian volunteered to go to bag check and get our stuff while I sat on the curb near the exit for DHS. I was somewhat surprised by how many runners don't stay for the after party. Droves of people were just walking out the gates. It was very chilly this night though, so that may have had something to do with it.

The bag pick up was on the Indiana Jones Stunt Show stage, so Brian took a few pics:

We met back up and it was time to enjoy the after party!

Who do we see first?! Pain and Panic! They only had about a 10 minute wait.

They did a little 'we're not worthy'

We wanted to get inside to warm up a bit so we walked onto ST.

We got the pod race sequence, ackbar and the asteroid/Death Star II which I enjoy.

There was a character attendant and a photopass standing around by Tattoine Traders and they told us that Boba Fett was scheduled to come out in about 5 minutes so we got in line behind 2 other couples. It was really funny, when he came out the first woman in line tried to take a selfie and he kept walking away. His attendant told us that Boba hates selfies and was refusing to take any. When it was our turn I told him no disintegrations, but I think he had to hold himself back a lot from disintegrating Brian.

We walked around the back of the park looking for more characters but didn't find any. At this point we got some texts from Brian's family and learned that they both finished. Yay! They were headed off to start the character rounds but we were ready for some rides. TSMM still had a 35 minute wait at this point so we bypassed it. We headed back towards TOT.

We found Shan Yu's spot but he was on break. We decided to wait and after he came back we only had to wait 5 minutes.

TOT wait time said 45, but it turned out to be 10. Made me wish we'd braved TSMM, they were probably inflating wait times since there was only about an hour and a half left in the party.

I wanted a pic with a TOT bellhop since that was the theme of the race:

I swear they ramped up the TOT ride sequence. We went twice and had such great experiences. After our second ride we passed Gaston who had a very long line. We wanted to go back and check on TSMM but it had closed at 3 (the party went until 4). This is when the party really emptied out. We went back to ST and there was no one with Darth Vader and Fett was pacing around in front of Vader.

We passed by Pain and Panic who looked lonely so we went back for another picture. I mentioned how Hades was on the course and their attendant told me not to mention Hades' name, that they always get scared. So we took a scared pic:

The party was about over so we walked out slowly and took some pictures:

The All Stars bus was the farthest back in line which was murder on our tired feet. There was a bus waiting though so we were on and shortly after took off. We all collapsed back at the room and were asleep by 4:30.

I'm gonna have to plead ignorance, but I had no idea the ToT ten miler was at night. Completely makes sense, I'd just never heard of it before. How very cool that it was all dark and they had some of the haunted mansion characters out. Clueless on the after part too, which looks like a ton of fun. Almost makes me wanna run ; )

Congrats on your finish!

I'm still reading along....and guessing you are there now for the 24 hour event! Have a great time!

I'm in awe that you went to a water park (which are the MOST exhausting IMO) on the day of the race. I really, really hope they bring back this race. It looks so fun. Sorry about your foot pain I'm sure that combined with the general trip exhaustion made the race challenging. You ran a DL one also, right? (Star Wars?). I would love to hear which location you prefer. Hoping for coast to coast medal in 2016. :)

Thanks for hanging in with me here guys! I actually have one more update I want to do for this trip report, I want to do our final MNSSHP and the Villains sinister soiree that Stephanie bought our tickets to.

I'm gonna have to plead ignorance, but I had no idea the ToT ten miler was at night. Completely makes sense, I'd just never heard of it before. How very cool that it was all dark and they had some of the haunted mansion characters out. Clueless on the after part too, which looks like a ton of fun. Almost makes me wanna run ; )

Congrats on your finish!

You should definitely run it if it comes back! It isn't as intimidating as an actual half marathon since its only 10 miles. It was my first race ever of any kind, you could do it!

I'm still reading along....and guessing you are there now for the 24 hour event! Have a great time!

I'm in awe that you went to a water park (which are the MOST exhausting IMO) on the day of the race. I really, really hope they bring back this race. It looks so fun. Sorry about your foot pain I'm sure that combined with the general trip exhaustion made the race challenging. You ran a DL one also, right? (Star Wars?). I would love to hear which location you prefer. Hoping for coast to coast medal in 2016. :)

Yeah, my choices confuse me sometimes. Yes, we did the Star Wars half in DL. Now, Stephanie disagrees, but both Brian and I like running in WDW better. For the DL races, characters stop once you get out of the parks since your running on Anaheim streets. Though I've heard the 5ks and the 10ks are excellent at DL because they stay mostly within the parks. I thought we ran through some pretty junky areas (for lack of a better word) in Anaheim. It is kind of neat though, they had tons of local bands and cheerleaders come out to cheer us on. A Star Wars cosplay group and the 501st also showed up near the end, so that was sweet.

So just personal preference, but Brian and I both prefer WDW, mostly because WDW has more characters out.

Yay! You are back (and is that a new report in your signature??). Looking forward to hearing the rest of this report...and about your latest adventure.

I have to tell you Olivia was having a bit of a difficult adjustment (its getting better) and I kept thinking I wish I had your cell since you were down there. I was wishing she could have spent a few hours with you.

Interesting take on WDW vs. DL races. Are you registered for any others? I am finally running in one (woohoo!). We are registered for the WDW marathon weekend. All of us are "running" the 5k and I'm running the half. I plan to run a DL race (not sure which one) in 2016 so I can get the coast to coast.

Yay! You are back (and is that a new report in your signature??). Looking forward to hearing the rest of this report...and about your latest adventure.

I have to tell you Olivia was having a bit of a difficult adjustment (its getting better) and I kept thinking I wish I had your cell since you were down there. I was wishing she could have spent a few hours with you.

Interesting take on WDW vs. DL races. Are you registered for any others? I am finally running in one (woohoo!). We are registered for the WDW marathon weekend. All of us are "running" the 5k and I'm running the half. I plan to run a DL race (not sure which one) in 2016 so I can get the coast to coast.

It definitely is a new trip report! Stop on by, everyone is answering a fun Disney questionnaire!

Oh no!! Poor Olivia :( We totally would have gone to see her. Does she have a car with her? We did, we could have picked her up some stuff. Darn. Is she doing better now? Where does she work? We can visit her in the fall!

We are doing the Wine and Dine so we can get our coast to coast medal. To be perfectly honest, I love WDW so much I'm not sure if I'll do any more DL races. The marathon weekend sounds like so much fun! I'm very jealous, all sorts of random rare characters come out!

You might want to decide quick about the DL races. I believe SW half goes up for registration in about a week, it should sell out super quick, it did last year.

I would pick whichever race you like the theme of best. Brian's mom and sister just ran the Tinkerbell at DL, and his mom really enjoyed it. But I'm not a huge fairy fan, so that one wouldn't be great for me. Avengers is in November and I think people liked that one because you run through Anaheim's baseball stadium. The DL half in September might be a good choice too. Don't get me wrong, we did enjoy the SW half, it was just a bit of a culture shock to us to run through the Anaheim streets versus WDW completely on property.

Sounds fun! I will be stopping over!

She does have her car and is doing better. She is just not a big lover of change and this was a lot. New city, new job, new (and for the first time) roommates, etc. I'm a doing a mini-TR of our trip down in my current PTR but I will let you know she is at the Grand Floridian (her role is custodial). She plugging away....it's only been 2.5 weeks.

Well my DL race wouldn't be until 2016 and I don't think it will be the SW one so I have some time. Leaning towards just the "original" half in September. I kinda like that my first two races at each would be the original ones. I'm with you on the fairies. ;) Plus we are hoping to take a family trip back to DL next summer so I was wanting the race to be after that. Thanks for your thoughts on it.

You should definitely run it if it comes back! It isn't as intimidating as an actual half marathon since its only 10 miles. It was my first race ever of any kind, you could do it!

Well at least one person believes in me even if its me ; ) Love that ten miles shouldn't sound intimidating, when in reality one mile does to me ; )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter