• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

And Just Like That- Season Two

I think ep 4 was probably the closest to old SATC? Some contained storylines, ridiculous table talk and sex scenes. I'm curious to see where they take the season from here. And I really, really hope Charlotte takes the art job - I'd love for her to spread her wings.

Also, loved the easter egg line in episode 3 about Lisa feeling like Blanche DuBois. I got to see Nicole Ari Parker in Streetcar on Broadway, opposite SATC alum Blair Underwood (LOVE HIM)!

Also so glad this popped up on the random threads section of my homepage -- I've been looking for a space to talk AJLT; did not think I'd find it here 😆

I don't really like the whole Miranda/Che thing. I think it's because I like Miranda and Steve. They went through so much and I just keep going back to that scene of them meeting on the Brooklyn bridge after deciding to fix their relationship. I hate what they did to him on AJLT, making him out to be this 80 year old curmudgeon.
I think we all loved Miranda and Steve. He made her a nicer person. She’s always been my least favorite character in the series but now she’s even worse, imo.

With Samantha gone, we get extra helpings of Miranda’s storyline and it’s exhausting. I’d love to see more of the other two ladies at this point. I would be ok with the life change for her if the person she left Steve for was anyone but Che. Che is such an unlikeable person. I don’t get it.

I think we all loved Miranda and Steve. He made her a nicer person. She’s always been my least favorite character in the series but now she’s even worse, imo.

With Samantha gone, we get extra helpings of Miranda’s storyline and it’s exhausting. I’d love to see more of the other two ladies at this point. I would be ok with the life change for her if the person she left Steve for was anyone but Che. Che is such an unlikeable person. I don’t get it.
Yes! It's so frustrating because having a nonbinary actor play a nonbinary character should be such good representation... but Che is just AWFUL. Their relationship, and the dissolution of Miranda and Steve's marriage, also made no sense character wise. She was whining about no excitement, but this is the character who used to love coming home to watch Jules and Mimi by herself! Heck, I'm only 42 and I love going to bed at 9 pm, so I don't know what her problem was with Steve being a homebody. :P

I'll probably wait until the season is over and then binge it while I'm on the treadmill. If it makes me angry, maybe I'll run faster. :D

I was a huge SATC fan back in the day. I loved the entire series, and I loved the first movie. It should have ended there IMHO. I saw the second movie and I thought it was pointless and a bit tacky. I watched the first season of AJLT and I am not a fan at all. I was annoyed that I saw the big spoiler within minutes of the first episode airing, so maybe I would've liked it a little more if I didn't know what was going to happen. But to me, it went downhill fast after that episode. I never disliked Carrie during the original series, and even the movies, but she is insufferable to me now. I was happy to see Charlotte and Harry still together, was surprised that Steve and Miranda lasted as long as they did TBH, and I'll join the not-a-fan-of-Che-and-Miranda team. They reduced Miranda to a weak shell of what she once was, I used to appreciate her character. The first season proved to me that the original show would've been nothing without Samantha.
I was going to force myself to watch the second season, I felt obligated. But I told myself early on, if Aidan comes back and anything happens between him and Carrie, I won't watch it. I loved Aidan, but he was way too good for Carrie. He deserved so much better, and in the series it seems he got that. Even bringing him back in the second movie felt cheap to me. Bringing him back again, nope, I don't like it. Nope nope nope.

Well, Aiden is back. And just like in the original series I don’t think he and Carrie have any chemistry. I know I’m in the minority on this. Plus, they put John Corbett in a hideous jacket for his first scene.
The jacket was atrocious but I was happy to see Aidan.

Idk about the chemistry part. I feel like they did have some pretty steamy chemistry at one point in the series. Aidan always derserved better than Carrie though.

I am a glutton for punishment. I keep watching a show that continually irritates me. I quit the movies after the first one, so I don't know why I keep hanging on to this.

With my complaining out of the way I will say I will get at least one audible laugh per episode. The crazy thing, it is typically from a male character - Anthony and Harry. Although Charlotte and Harry this week in the restaurant had me in absolute stitches.

For some reason I cannot not watch! I loved the original series so much that not knowing what they are doing to these characters in a new series outweighs the annoyances I have. (and there are a plenty!) I mean really, Charlotte in a snow storm going store to store ... yeah, nope!

Not a fan of Nya, still not interested in her story. And Che, nothing needs to be said as it is a unanimous dislike (except for one, @Suger Mag).

Well, Aiden is back. And just like in the original series I don’t think he and Carrie have any chemistry. I know I’m in the minority on this. Plus, they put John Corbett in a hideous jacket for his first scene.
YES!! It was some funky butt ugly military knock off coat. So bad. So hideous.

The jacket was atrocious but I was happy to see Aidan.

Idk about the chemistry part. I feel like they did have some pretty steamy chemistry at one point in the series. Aidan always derserved better than Carrie though.
Agree. Aidan was her back up because she couldn't have Big.

I actually liked the scene in front of her apartment. That felt raw, you could feel how hurt he still felt by it all. And yet, she still has that grip on his heart. Should be interesting to see what they do with these two.

He deserved so much better, and in the series it seems he got that. Even bringing him back in the second movie felt cheap to me.
Exactly, like the beautiful life be built with the wife and kids meant nothing because Carrie looked in his direction. His appearance in the second movie felt icky. Having him back now just feels like lazy writing.

Exactly, like the beautiful life be built with the wife and kids meant nothing because Carrie looked in his direction. His appearance in the second movie felt icky. Having him back now just feels like lazy writing.
Possibly. But I think they knew they needed something to keep original viewers invested. For the majority, we aren't loving the series, we are clinging to hope they will turn this ship around.

And what was the biggest rivalry/divide for the original viewers? Team Big or Team Aidan.

Now that Big is gone, it makes sense for them to write Aidan in to keep us interested.

I am a glutton for punishment. I keep watching a show that continually irritates me. I quit the movies after the first one, so I don't know why I keep hanging on to this.

With my complaining out of the way I will say I will get at least one audible laugh per episode. The crazy thing, it is typically from a male character - Anthony and Harry. Although Charlotte and Harry this week in the restaurant had me in absolute stitches.

For some reason I cannot not watch! I loved the original series so much that not knowing what they are doing to these characters in a new series outweighs the annoyances I have. (and there are a plenty!) I mean really, Charlotte in a snow storm going store to store ... yeah, nope!

Not a fan of Nya, still not interested in her story. And Che, nothing needs to be said as it is a unanimous dislike (except for one, @Suger Mag).

YES!! It was some funky butt ugly military knock off coat. So bad. So hideous.
LOL... still like Che

But, despite her foray into bi-exploration....I think Miranda will go back to Steve. Especially if she is the one who is not with someone, and he is. She didn't want him way back then.... until he had hooked up with someone else. I still remember when they flirted with Miranda being a lesbian with Syd? trying to remember their name and they were posing as the new 'it' couple in the law firm.

LOL... still like Che

But, despite her foray into bi-exploration....I think Miranda will go back to Steve. Especially if she is the one who is not with someone, and he is. She didn't want him way back then.... until he had hooked up with someone else.
Interesting. If so, they would write the script for Steve to happily take her back, no questions asked, just like what we are seeing with Aidan and Carrie right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter