And I Have How Many Days to Plan this Trip??????

#1hoosierfan

DIS Veteran
Welcome to my PTR! I am a total newbie to the DIS, but I have become quite addicted in my short time here. I hope that I don't make too many mistakes.

I joined the boards thinking that I had plenty of time to casually research WDW and get my feet wet with all things Disney. We are planning an early June 2011 7 night AKL/club level trip...... PLENTY of time to plan my boys' first Disney trip right??????? Not quite so fast!

Let me back up for a second and "introduce" myself. My name is Michelle, and I am a first grade teacher. My husband, Ben, and I have two little boys. Owen turned 3 in February and Kaden just turned 1 in April. Owen is obsessed with all things Disney...... he ADORES Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and we have to read him a Mickey Mouse book every night before bed. In addition, he is slowly recovering from his 12 month + Lightening McQueen addiction...... seriously, I am shocked the DVD didn't wear out. Kaden's first birthday theme was Pooh Bear...... I am trying to start the Disney love young!:thumbsup2

ANYWAY, even though we know that Owen would have loved a Disney trip this year, we decided to wait one more year until Kaden was a bit older. Plus, that would give us time to save up some money for our blow-out trip...... so looking forward to staying at AKL!

Since we do love a vacation, however, and the ocean was calling our name in our severely land-locked state of Indiana, we booked a vacation to Gulf Shores, Alabama with my Mom and my sister and her family. We got a large beach front condo at a resort that we have stayed in a few times before. We all get along great, so that is not a concern at all.

THEN the tanker exploded and the oil started spilling into the Gulf Coast.... and ....... it ....... will ....... not....... stop. :sad2: We have a real dilemma on our hands here. We aren't booked to go until June 19th. There is a decent chance that the oil leak will be stopped by then, however, our balance of of close $2,500 is due in full in just a few days. If we cancel before the due date, we will only be out a $35 booking fee. We all discussed it, and while we hate to cancel, we would have hated even more being $2500 poorer.

So Sunday, I was cruising the DIS (or the "other man" as my husband has been know to refer to it.:love:) I clicked on a link to a house that a person was renting just outside of WDW. :scared1: is all I can say!!!!!!! OK, so I knew that staying off property was cheaper, but I didn't realize how much cheaper!!!! A four bedroom, four bath house with its own private pool that is 5 minutes from WDW rents for well less than half of what the beach resort costs. My mind goes into overdrive. I call my sister..... just to run it by her of course...... she says, sounds great to me!

And there you have it, I became the main WDW vacation planner for 9 people with only a 48 day lead time!

OK, if we are being perfectly honest here, I am a bit OCD..... there are great meds for that BTW:rotfl2: No, I don't have to turn the lights off and on exactly 17 times before leaving a room or wash my hands 100 times a day, but I find GREAT comfort in having a well-laid plan, and no surprises....... That is why I had already started my notes for my 2011 trip, researching restaurants, etc..... It makes me happy! :hippie:

So how will this big-timer planner, slightly OCD gal get it all together in time? Did we get that great house I saw? Will we get ANY good dining reservations? How do I even go about trying to plan a trip for 5 adults and 4 kids? Will I need to up my meds before I get finished planning? :lmao:

Is anybody in?????popcorn::

Oh, could somebody tell me the best way to post pictures? I do have a Photobucket account. I am just not sure what is the best size and which code to use. Thanks!

To post photos from photobucket, use the code with this tag: - just copy the whole link that starts with that code, and paste it in the box where you type text. :) Oh, and I generally use either the medium or large picture setting - people like to see the details in the photos!

Now that the technical stuff is out of the way, I'm in. :thumbsup2 I don't envy you, trying to plan a trip for 9 people in 6 weeks, but I'm sure you're not the first person to do it, and it can be done! That's what all of us DISers are here for, anyway - to help you get it all figured out!

(Oh, and a dining hint: You probably won't be able to get reservations for 9 people ANYWHERE at 6 weeks out - but you will very likely be able to get 2 reservations for 4-5 people at the same or very similar times.... then when you check in, ask the host/hostess to seat the two tables close together). [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter