And here comes round three

Why? Why does every blasted local network have to broadcast 100% storm coverage? Why?? Yes,were having a blizzard. This is Massachusetts. We're experienced. We have windows. Give me my shows! I'm home today, I can (could) watch The Chew. Except, it was preempted. At least WBZ is running its normal shows on WSBK. Too bad they're not 'my' shows.

Schools off but, isn't that like 'A double edged shovel!?' Hang in there mom...

Well...since I work for the school...:cool1:

But... June. Or should I say, JULY???

Just north of Bangor, Maine. Snow started around 1pm on Tuesday, projected to snow until about noon on THURSDAY. National Weather Service is saying 18", local guys are saying 16"-22". Schools all dismissed by noon today so there won't be a make-up day for Tuesday, but they are starting to cancel for Wednesday already. Golly gee, I love March!

I feel your pain. I lived in MA for most of my life, moved to MD a few years back. I do not miss the all the snow you are getting in the least! The weather channel just said that yet another one could be heading your way next week. Enough already, time for Spring!

I'm sitting here watching the snow STILL falling. We have at least 20" of snow and they said it will end stb 6 & 8 pm tonight. I hate winter, especially snow. It's beautiful when It's falling, but it's hard work and then messy when it's over! I live west of Boston.

I'm sitting here watching the snow STILL falling. We have at least 20" of snow and they said it will end stb 6 & 8 pm tonight. I hate winter, especially snow. It's beautiful when It's falling, but it's hard work and then messy when it's over! I live west of Boston.
Think that we all all "done" with winter. Hopefully, spring is around the corner!:hyper:

Heading out to do some family shoveling! I can't believe we haven't lost power - a lot of our town has. The South Shore and Cape look like they've been hit hard! :worried:

If I can ever convince DH to move we are so outta here. It’s one thing when it’s mild in the winter time and we can actually be outside - but we had 3/4 straight weeks of -30 temps and being stuck inside that
I certainly "hear you"! Looking forward to retirement, so hopefully, we will be snow birds somewhere warm in Florida for 6 or 7 months. Want to become Florida residents 6 months and a day, so our "tax home" is Florida, thus Florida residents, no state income tax. We will "take that".:goodvibes

But... June. Or should I say, JULY???

My local district builds in 5 days, and tomorrow (already called) will be the 4th used. Our last day is June 21st.

Heading out to do some family shoveling! I can't believe we haven't lost power - a lot of our town has. The South Shore and Cape look like they've been hit hard! :worried:

Yes, it's definitely yucky here! We just came in from doing the same thing. - The top stuff was fluffy, but there was nasty, heavy slush underneath. Thankfully, we've kept power (so far) this time. - Fingers crossed.

PSA: Everyone who has them, make sure you check your gas vents! Ours wasn't covered in snow, but it did have some ice on it.

My local district builds in 5 days, and tomorrow (already called) will be the 4th used. Our last day is June 21st.

Yes, it's definitely yucky here! We just came in from doing the same thing. - The top stuff was fluffy, but there was nasty, heavy slush underneath. Thankfully, we've kept power (so far) this time. - Fingers crossed.

PSA: Everyone who has them, make sure you check your gas vents! Ours wasn't covered in snow, but it did have some ice on it.

June 21st is our last day too now. We build in 5 days as well - tomorrow makes 5! Also already called...yes, snow was heavy. We have a weird yard - it really drifts in places, plus our driveway is long and narrow bordered by a giant hedge, so you have to pick up and walk the snow to the end because there's no place to put it! It's super convenient! :crazy2: I really thought my new Ergie shovel was going to change my life but it's really not living up to my expectations!

Good reminder about the gas vents!

Same! Held strong here but a lot of the streets around us lost power. Was scary watching the National Grid outage map!

I know! - some people in town have been losing it intermittently all day. We have friends further North that just got power back from the last storm!

Feeling a little guilty here! Usually commiserating with you guys, but this time we're down in FL watching a little spring baseball! People here were complaining it was a little cool today, i.e. 60! :rotfl2:I did get a bit of a sunburn if it's any consolation! :sunny::duck:

we got 25.6 inches here in Billerica. UGH!! but at least we didn't lose power. We lost power last Wed night until Sat. morning.

we got 25.6 inches here in Billerica. UGH!! but at least we didn't lose power. We lost power last Wed night until Sat. morning.

I think I saw footage of your town on the news this morning. Glad you kept power this time!

Had to shovel out twice this time, uh! The slushy mess at the end of the driveway was a back breaker until I figured out I could just push it downhill into the snowbank.

We've had 7 snow days called (2 in October due to wind storm and major loss of power) but have done 3 days of blizzard bags, thank goodness.

Also - someone said we might have another storm next week?!?!?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter