• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anahiem Plaza Hotel...

DisneylandOrBust

Earning My Ears
So what do you all think about the Anahiem Plaza Hotel? Anything I should know? I got an awesome deal and already booked it.. hoping I didn't decide too soon. I'm pretty much okay with it being a smelly motel... I'm use to that. Is it really only a ten minute walk? Sometimes they say tne minute walk and it really isn't. Are there any good restuarants on that side of the rode? I want to start looking for restuarant coupons if I can. Should I bring my own towel for showering? hehe

Thanks! You guys are awesome!!

it's not bad and YES it really is that close. Cross at the light and walk along the other side and it's quite fast. The pool is huge. I had a room overlooking the large lawn area and it was very quiet. For the price it's a good deal

I've read good things about it! They offer great prices and the walk is not far at all. It is the favorite of some posters on another site, which is how it came to my attention. I've not stayed there but it is now on my radar.

I've stayed there many a time, and in my experience, the rooms have always been clean (no funky smells or "the smell of someone smoking 2 packs a day indoors with the windows closed since 1955", like a couple of other places I've stayed :laughing:)

If you're a fast walker, then yes, it really is a 10 minute (or so) walk. It can seem very long at the end of the day, though...but then again, pretty much anything except for "a Monorail ride away" or "across the street" can seem long at the end of the day!

No need to bring your own towel; the towels are clean (and plentiful).

Even though it's an older motel, the rooms are pretty big. The pool is HUGE! Most rooms will have either a large balcony (big enough to sit 2-3 adults comfortably) or a fenced "yard". The grounds, while not comparable to, say, the Disneyland Hotel grounds, are nicely maintained and have lots of palm trees and rose bushes.

There's a restaurant onsite, but I've only eaten at their breakfast buffet which is only like $10 for all-you-can-eat. The food is comparable to Denny's or Coco's, but $10 is alot cheaper for AYCE than for a breakfast at the chain restaurants nearby (I read somewhere that the Denny's across from the Park is the most expensive Denny's in the U.S., and I don't doubt it!)

All in all, it's a good motel, and my stays there have been alot more pleasant than my stays at a couple of nearby (and more expensive!) motels.

We are leaving tomorrow for our trip and will be staying there for our first time this Thurs-Sat so I will be able to give you a very recent assessment of the current condition of the hotel. :)

With regards to the restaurants. If you are talking about Harbor Blvd all of the restaurants are on the same side of the street because DCA and DL are on the other side. If you are talking about North or South of Disney Way a majority of the restaurants are across the street to the North.

We just stayed here for the first time last weekend. :) It was very suitable for our needs and the beds were comfy. The walk was 10 min. DBF thinks less but we didn't time it, it was about the same as walking from the HoJo, maybe a minute or two longer. It was not difficult at all. Parking was sufficient, we didn't use the pool. We did have a second floor and had a small balcony with table/chairs and the rooms under us had a small fenced "yard" area. The doors open to the outside but not really, they are covered and open into a small area that is slightly more private then just opening to a walkway outside. The front desk staff was great, we checked in a day early with no notice, the clerk moved things around so we didn't have to move from room to room, the next night DBF needed a couple staples for his Halloween costume (he was Herc and his arm bands were too big) and he asked the front desk if they would staple him, they had no problems helping him and complimented his choice of costume. :) We paid $59 plus $4 for parking, we will stay here again!

We stayed there on a whim for really cheap and were pleasantly surprised. The front desk was very nice. The room was large and clean with a small refrigerator. We were at the back by the parking lot, but it was still quiet there.

We have stayed there a couple of times and will be there again Fri and Sat night. Yes, the hotel really is only a ten minute walk.:goodvibes There is a Subway Sandwich shop, pizza place, and chinese place just up Harbor, a 711 across the street, and then Denny's, Quiznos, Millies and Mimis up the other direction on Harbor as well as a few other places (I've heard you should definitely stay away from Captain Kidds).

I think its an awesome deal for a walking distance DL hotel. When we can't get Ent rate at Hojos and we don't want to splurge to stay on property this is where we go. Their rooms are the largest we've stayed in in the area. They are always clean and everyone is always helpful and polite. The pool is huge and warm. My kids love it. Parking has never been a problem even on your day of arrival hours before checkin. My only complaint is the lack of a high speed connection.

You say the pool is warm. Do you think it would be warm enough for a Dec swim? It's much cheaper but my DS5 wants to swim. Desert Inn has an indoor pool so swimming is doable.

You say the pool is warm. Do you think it would be warm enough for a Dec swim? It's much cheaper but my DS5 wants to swim. Desert Inn has an indoor pool so swimming is doable.

I went swimming during the daytime when I was there last December. The water was warm, and there's a hot tub, too.

I would love to hear a review and see pictures after you go. Because people keep asking about this hotel because of the cheap price they always offer and we stayed there once in 2008 and didn't care for it (yes it smelled like B.O. and the room was run down- clean enough, but really old- there were shady people hanging around at night, but that could happen at a lot of the nearby hotels- but the walk was 10 minutes or less!). People on the boards have been giving it good reviews recently though so I would like to see pictures and see if it has improved- let us know when you get back.

I hope you have a great time.

I did think of something that really drove me nuts last weekend, out room had horrible water temp regulation. My shower would go from scalding hot to ice cold in seconds with NO warning....it really sucked, but that was it, everything else was good.

Pic of the room we stayed in:

DSCI0022.jpg

Yes, the decor is a bit dated. The room was really big, though, and there were no problems with nasty smells. :laughing:

Here are some more pics for you of a bottom floor room. The room is really big and I can see that fenced in patio coming in real handy for people with small children. My teenagers could have cared less. lol We enjoyed our stay here and would stay again. We still prefer HOJO and Desert Inn over Anaheim Plaza though due to internet in the rooms (HOJO) and proximity (DI).

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

This is one of my preferred places to stay.

For those who want to know, the place does have WiFi but they charge approx 4.95 and hour or 9.95 per day. (However, depending on your room, you can sometimes pick up free WiFi from other motels in the area ...):rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter