Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
When I was looking at Yelp I read about an amazing hotel named Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel and I would like to know more about it? It used to be the Sheraton Anaheim and it looks so wonderful and cute. I also noticed that some of the rooms have princess beds complete with privacy curtains like royal beds used to have and the kids rooms have castle bunk beds that looked cute. Something else I read about the Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel is that there is a princess who appears to be the hotel's mascot and she makes appearances throughout the day. Does she give autographs and can guests take pictures with her when they stay at Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel? What's the history behind this wonderful hotel? It sounds like a great place

I don't know the history. Its owned by a Chinese company I think. But this hotel is a total dump. It might've been cute once but it is run down and nasty now. Ive always wanted to stay here to check it out but the bad reviews had kept me away until this past September, we finally stayed for OBB. Everything is very dreary and dated. The rooms were gross. Old beds - you could feel the springs. Old carpeting. I wore shoes in the room so not to step on it. It smelled mildewy.
The shuttle was not the nice, comfortable, air conditioned looking one from the photos. What rolled up instead looked like a prison bus from the 1970's. They had a hand written sign on a piece of scrap taped to the bus that said "shuttle" - it was just so ghetto. The whole place was.
And I was overcharged and it was hassle to get it corrected. I could go on but you get the point- it sucked.
Ive stayed at almost all the hotels around Disneyland and this one probably ranks as my worst.

I don't know the history. Its owned by a Chinese company I think. But this hotel is a total dump. It might've been cute once but it is run down and nasty now. Ive always wanted to stay here to check it out but the bad reviews had kept me away until this past September, we finally stayed for OBB. Everything is very dreary and dated. The rooms were gross. Old beds - you could feel the springs. Old carpeting. I wore shoes in the room so not to step on it. It smelled mildewy.
The shuttle was not the nice, comfortable, air conditioned looking one from the photos. What rolled up instead looked like a prison bus from the 1970's. They had a hand written sign on a piece of scrap taped to the bus that said "shuttle" - it was just so ghetto. The whole place was.
And I was overcharged and it was hassle to get it corrected. I could go on but you get the point- it sucked.
Ive stayed at almost all the hotels around Disneyland and this one probably ranks as my worst.
Good to know! I prefer to stay within close walking distance, but this hotel always tempts me with emails about specials on rooms. I will continue to avoid it.

Good to know! I prefer to stay within close walking distance, but this hotel always tempts me with emails about specials on rooms. I will continue to avoid it.
Yeah, I used to get all those tempting email offers too. They make it sound good but it's not worth the discount.

I stay here almost every visit and there is nothing wrong with the hotel at all. If I don't stay here I stay at a Disney Hotel. The rooms are very large and the shuttle is very nice to have to go in the morning and go home at night. I also like that I can walk to DTD from here if I want too. I highly recommend it.

Love that…prison bus! That’s exactly what it looks like.

What does the princess actually do at Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel? Does she greet guests when they get into the hotel and what's the princess's name? I think this place would be neat to stay in someday and I wonder how much a room costs at Anaheim Majestic Gardens Hotel?

Contrary to the above post, I *love* Majestic Gardens! I've stayed 4 times now in the last 2 years, and have 2 more stays planned (one next week).

I make sure to get my room in the main tower (not the garden tower).

Is it a Marriott or Hilton or Weston? Nope. Is it pretty darn good for the price? Yes. I always go in to a new hotel experience with low expectations so anything good is happy, not a let down.

Could the mattresses use an update? Sure. Some of them are pretty firm, but others are pretty darn comfy. The rooms are *huge*; like the size of two normal, basic queen rooms at other low-price hotels. I've had a room with a couch, one with a really nice desk set up (also with couch and high-back chair, and the desk was perfect for my work meetings that I can't miss in the morning!), and another with two plush high-back chairs and a small table (in one of their Garden Tower rooms). I love the forest mural on the wall. The TVs are large. The ac/heater always works quickly. I have always had a good view, even without paying extra. The staff has always been awesome. The "privacy curtain" is kind of misleading in some of the room types-- some are just small curtains; totally a decor thing versus something useful. I haven't stayed in any of the fancy rooms; that's what we will be doing for our 2027 visit when we'll be

My only complaint is the old bus. They didn't use it at all the last time, though.

What does the princess actually do at Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel? Does she greet guests when they get into the hotel and what's the princess's name? I think this place would be neat to stay in someday and I wonder how much a room costs at Anaheim Majestic Gardens Hotel?
Princess Corinne (or something like that; I'm too lazy to go look at my map that talks about her) has a meet and greet a few times a day; it seems like maybe she does a story time too if I'm remembering correctly. I haven't gone to these as I spend most of my time in the parks, and don't have kids with me for most visits.

I usually spend $130-160/night. Sometimes, that rate is through the hotel directly. Sometimes it's through a 3rd party site like Southwest Vacations. The rooms in the Garden Tower (not the main hotel building) seem to be a little less expensive, but admittedly, I've only stayed in 1 room in that tower; otherwise I request the main tower. I typically get the 1 King rooms. Some rooms have different amenities. Like I said in my earlier post, I've had a room with couch and small table with plush high-back chairs, another time it was a couch with an executive desk that was lovely to use for my 1 work meeting I had on that trip. I think my 2 Queen in the Garden Tower was around $125 18-24 months ago.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Like I mentioned in my earlier post, it's one of my favorite hotels, with 4 stays in the last 2 years, and another 2 scheduled stays in the next 3 months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter