• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anaheim Desert Inn opinions and experiences /Universal moonlighting?

Do your kids need a pool? That’s a flat out no if so.
Omg, I had forgotten about that pool. Maybe it's been improved. Granted, my issue was 9-ish years ago, but I still remember it vividly.

Years ago, I dated a pool guy. He said that if there is the smell of chlorine, the chemicals are not proper.

I ignored this knowledge at DI&S, figuring it would make sense that the smell would be there since it was an indoor pool. I got in the hot tub and it felt hotter than normal, in a stingy way. After 5 minutes the feeling wasn't going away. Went back to the room. My legs were bright red. Not like overheated red.... like chemical burn red. My shower was the most painful thing my skin had ever experienced, and it didn't calm the burning. I probably should have gone to the urgent care clinic. This was day 1 of a 3 day trip in February. I had only packed 1 pair of shorts, because, again, Feb weather. Then I spilled food on that single pair of shorts.

Flaming red, chemically burned legs... and I only had jeans to wear for 2 days.

Now if anyone asks about DI&S and wants a pool, I tell my experience. Even last year when I stayed at DI&S, the chlorine smell was overpowering when I would go to the breakfast room.

Omg, I had forgotten about that pool. Maybe it's been improved. Granted, my issue was 9-ish years ago, but I still remember it vividly.

Years ago, I dated a pool guy. He said that if there is the smell of chlorine, the chemicals are not proper.

I ignored this knowledge at DI&S, figuring it would make sense that the smell would be there since it was an indoor pool. I got in the hot tub and it felt hotter than normal, in a stingy way. After 5 minutes the feeling wasn't going away. Went back to the room. My legs were bright red. Not like overheated red.... like chemical burn red. My shower was the most painful thing my skin had ever experienced, and it didn't calm the burning. I probably should have gone to the urgent care clinic. This was day 1 of a 3 day trip in February. I had only packed 1 pair of shorts, because, again, Feb weather. Then I spilled food on that single pair of shorts.

Flaming red, chemically burned legs... and I only had jeans to wear for 2 days.

Now if anyone asks about DI&S and wants a pool, I tell my experience. Even last year when I stayed at DI&S, the chlorine smell was overpowering when I would go to the breakfast room.
The one time we stayed there we could smell the pool when we walked by (with the doors closed!).

Well this is insane. Glad to hear but sounds like an issue I should consider for any hotel pool I run across.
Always something to pay attention and ask about from people that have stayed there. I've stayed at several motels that don't have the same issue-- just a light chlorine smell which is completely appropriate when the chemical ratios are right.

Off the top of my head, Tropicana, Stovall's, Patk Vue, Majestic Gardens have all been completely good when we stayed at each of those places.

Honestly, the reason the chlorine smell is so noticeable there is because it's an indoor pool, which I believe none of the other ones mentioned have.

We love the DI&S. Staying there tonight after we fly in and also next week. It's always been clean, close and safe and that's all I need. If we need a pool, we stay on property! I always ask for a room closest to the front of the hotel, and we don't park a car so never have to deal with that aspect. The two bathrooms is the BIGGEST selling point for us, since we frequently have 6-8 people in the C2, like this weekend for the races. There are not MANY family suites (if any) with two full bathrooms for that price anywhere near the crosswalk!

We just got back from a 3 night stay at DI&S. I agree the mattresses are a little uncomfortable, but not a deal breaker. We were so tired after being on our feet all day we passed out. Honestly, it was an amazing deal for the location it offers.

Last edited:
You're right about 6 months out.

No rooms 11 months out.
I think there is only one of those room types per floor. I check every day leading up to 6 mos until I see it available. 🤣 We paid $351 avg/night with tax last year. This year it’s $486/night with taxes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter