An odd problem.

My daughter attends a school that accepts Visa, the cost to use the card is prohibitive however. It would cost me more in transaction fees than the value of the points I would get.

If it's bothering you that much maybe you should reevaluate the sources of information that are causing the issue. You clearly have been convinced to be upset about something and are modifying behaviors because of it. Removing things that cause negative emotions from your day to day life can be incredibly freeing.

Backlash for controversial statements someone has made goes back forever so the idea that it's a new issue in the last year or "ruining our country" is misguided. Here is an example from 2003 that I remember quite well:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dixie_Chicks_controversy

Starport, I should not have started this thread. WDWinfo has N/A'd the thread, whatever that means. I am upset about cancel culture, perhaps many of you don't know what it is, perhaps that is the intent of the cancel culture itself. It must be working. However, the fact remains, that Disney fired Gina Carano because she tweeted an honest statement. With todays's cancel culture, truth is forbidden if it goes against a certain narrative, lies are allowed if it follows the narrative. The only thing I remember about the Dixie Chicks, is they offended their core audience, which resulted in the loss of their fans. They were billed as a county act, they tried to go Pop, and they failed. I can't say Disney offended me, (I had never heard of Gina Carano), they disappointed me, they have fallen into the dangerous trend of punishing people for being honest. I'm done here. Good day.

However, the fact remains, that Disney fired Gina Carano because she tweeted an honest statement. With todays's cancel culture, truth is forbidden if it goes against a certain narrative, lies are allowed if it follows the narrative.
Comparing anything going on inside the US to the persecution of the Jews in Nazi Germany is a non-starter. It is an intentionally inflammatory comparison and either displays ignorance or complete disregard for what happened in the past. Considering she refused to apologize, we have to put it in the latter.

Starport, I should not have started this thread. WDWinfo has N/A'd the thread, whatever that means. I am upset about cancel culture, perhaps many of you don't know what it is, perhaps that is the intent of the cancel culture itself. It must be working. However, the fact remains, that Disney fired Gina Carano because she tweeted an honest statement. With todays's cancel culture, truth is forbidden if it goes against a certain narrative, lies are allowed if it follows the narrative. The only thing I remember about the Dixie Chicks, is they offended their core audience, which resulted in the loss of their fans. They were billed as a county act, they tried to go Pop, and they failed. I can't say Disney offended me, (I had never heard of Gina Carano), they disappointed me, they have fallen into the dangerous trend of punishing people for being honest. I'm done here. Good day.

I'm sorry, but you could have started this thread and asked your very legitimate question without once mentioning your personal feelings for "cancel culture" and the "downfall of our country."

I prefer "consequence culture." I take my money elsewhere and refuse to support people/businesses who don't reflect my values or values that demonstrate respect. I'm proud to support people and businesses who take a stand.

I'm sorry, but you could have started this thread and asked your very legitimate question without once mentioning your personal feelings for "cancel culture" and the "downfall of our country."
Well of course he could have but where’s the drama in that?!? Omg I have too much money what do I do?? Hmmm I’m just stumped please all help me while i ignore your advice and cry about how hard this if for me and close the thread.

I can’t quite tell if you are trying to create drama, get sympathy, or find someone to buy your credits, OP. Either way, I’m guessing this isn’t going the way you hoped.

Since the card is a chase visa, can you see about transferring the points into another chase card and therefore they wouldn't be disney points but regular points available to redeem for statement credits and or cashed out?

Since the card is a chase visa, can you see about transferring the points into another chase card and therefore they wouldn't be disney points but regular points available to redeem for statement credits and or cashed out?

Can't be done. They can only be Disney rewards.

I'm sorry that this seems to have ruined Disney for you. To be honest, so many corporations have actions or inactions or key employees who say or do something that I might find bothersome or offensive, I'd be living as a hermit in a cave if I ruled them all out so maybe reconsider a bit if you have enjoyed Disney in the past. But if you have decided that Disney is not for you, as others have suggested, I think you will be able to use the rewards points for friends, etc. In fact, you can likely get several Disney rewards cards instead of one huge one as well.

OP - if you are still reading, I recommend you use your Rewards Redemption Card to purchase several Disney gift cards. Then donate those gift cards to your local Make-A-Wish. They will appreciate it beyond all else, and you can feel good that you have done something positive with it. Then you can be done with Disney if that is your preference.

I'm sorry Phil. I'm not thrilled with disney myself these days for a lot of reasons.

Looks like next on the hit list are Dumbo, Lady and the Tramp, Swiss Family Robinson and the Aristocats

I think I would take a resort only trip, yes you would still be in mask some of the trip.. but you could all be together chillin at the pool or having nice meals. And you did not have to spend 9 hours in a mask.... or maybe adventures by Disney?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter