An End to Grad Nite

I feel for the local high schoolers. It seems like something special to look forward to near the end of a school year.

I believe Universal has a version of Grad Nite. I'm sure they will keep it going.

I heard rumors similar to the ones about Pleasure Island-like behavior during Grad Nite. I wonder if this is why.

Our son's senior class is doing Grad Bash at Universal. Our boys haven't done a WDW field trip in years. We're only 2 1/2 hours away. :confused3

Too bad, we have APs for Disney, not for Universal!

I heard rumors similar to the ones about Pleasure Island-like behavior during Grad Nite. I wonder if this is why.

That was always more of an exception than a rule. I used to hear occasionally about a students throwing Mickey in the lake. They were banned from coming to grad nite. I went granted I went in 1989 but I had a great time and there were no problems that I saw.

It's too bad. It was a great event. I guess my Grad nite items are now collectors items.:thumbsup2

I went to grad nite as a HS senior in 2002 and now that I've been working at schools for 7 years I've chaperoned grad nite 4 times, this upcoming grad nite will be my 5th. I've never seen problems with the kids and from what I read on the WDW blog that announced this, the reason was that they have so many more guests in the spring time that closing the parks early for grad nites just didn't make sense anymore.

How sad, I loved Grad Nite! I graduated many years ago too, but I don't remember it being really bad or hearing about any drama. I really wanted my kids to participate when they graduate :sad2:

That's too bad! I was looking forward to going as a senior present to myself! I guess I'll just have to settle for the Bahamas where the gambling age is 18... :rolleyes:

I thought Grad Night was in DHS. Ooops.

Do many of them stay onsite? I did some digging last night and found the hotels listed onsite for grad night - all 3 of the All Stars, POFQ, POR and CBR.

I wanted to book ASMu for the first time but no way now. I'm not a huge fan of the values anyways and adding in a bunch of high school seniors running wild would drive me bonkers.
I'm thinking of going to POR instead even if seniors will be there, it will be easier to handle since I like that resort.

I'm planning a quick weekend trip and it turns out it's on one of the grad night weekends.

So much for seeing the new MK show that weekend......

I thought Grad Night was in DHS. Ooops.

Do many of them stay onsite? I did some digging last night and found the hotels listed onsite for grad night - all 3 of the All Stars, POFQ, POR and CBR.

I wanted to book ASMu for the first time but no way now. I'm not a huge fan of the values anyways and adding in a bunch of high school seniors running wild would drive me bonkers.
I'm thinking of going to POR instead even if seniors will be there, it will be easier to handle since I like that resort.

I'm planning a quick weekend trip and it turns out it's on one of the grad night weekends.

So much for seeing the new MK show that weekend......

Grad Nite is usually held at the Magic Kingdom. It was only at the HS a few times.

It's usually not a weekend. You drive to Orlando stay for Grad Nite and then go home immediately after it was open. I remember a particularly long ride back on bus full of fellow students.

We didn't stay the weekend. Don't know if this is the norm now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter