An Enchantingly ENGAGING Disney Vacation-- WDW 5/8-5/17 2015 **UPDATED 10/12**

StaceyDarling!

There's A Great, Big, Beautiful Tomorrow!
:welcome:

Welcome to my first TR on Disboards! I have been a member here for a while now, but never really done a TR here... (I've done them on another Disney forum though) so hopefully you all enjoy following along! I will warn you, I do tend to go a bit into detail, and review... however, I also like to post a lot of pictures, so hopefully it'll suit everyone's taste! If you are looking for info, you can read along, if you just want to just skim and look at pictures, be my guest! :flower1:

Also, this is a TR from a few months ago, so I apologize at it's delay, but I was just so unbelievably busy after we got back, that I only just now realized... "hey! You didn't even write a report out!!" And trust me, this is DEFINITELY a trip I'll never forget, but I'll always want to go back and remember :lovestruc

First, I'd like to start off with a little introduction before we get into the 'meat and potatoes' of the TR, if you will.

Here's the timeline:

May 8th through May 17th, 2015.

Friday, May 8th- *Travel day* Amtrack SilverStar (PHL to ORL)

Saturday, May 9th- Arrival Day: Check- In and MK

Sunday, May 10th- AK, DTD, and MK (ADR's LTT for dinner)

Monday, May 11th- MK, EPCOT ,POLY for fireworks at night. (ADR's lunch: BOG, dinner: LCDF)

Tuesday, May 12th- EPCOT (ADR's dinner: Spirit of Aloha)

Wednesday, May 13th- Universal Studios & IOA (Leaky Cauldron; dinner)

Thursday, May 14th- EPCOT and MK. (ADR's bfast Kona, lunch: B&C, dinner: HDR)

Friday, May 15th- DHS: Star Wars Weekend

Saturday, May 16th- Departure Day: Check-Out, Driving Home

Sunday, May 17th- Arriving Home

Resort: Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites (will insert pictures on arrival day)

Pros: Cute Mardi Gras theme, aside from a few disturbing jesters. Kitchen, Bedrooms were clean, and comfy. Two rooms with 3 Queens, 2 bathrooms. Average hotel/suite living room area. A nice pool and hot tub, rather quiet and friendly resort. Delicious and plentiful complimentary continental breakfast. I recommend taking the breakfast out of the patio poolside and enjoy breakfast in the breeze (well…. If there is one)

Cons: They offered free “transportation”…. Yeah, I’m going to leave transportation in those parenthesis. Only offered shuttles to Magic Kingdom and EPCOT. Only 2 picks ups, 2 drops off for MK and only 1 pick-up and 1 drop off for EPCOT. And to add to that limited schedule, the earliest you could get to the parks was an hour after they were already open, and you had to leave 2 hours before they closed…. So if this was your only option for transportation, it REALLY would cut down on utilization of park hours, and getting the bang out of your buck.

The Cast:

Me (the author): My name is Stacey, I am 24, and I have been going to Disney World since childhood. I have been there upwards of 12 times, and I have also participated in 2 Disney College Program Internships at Walt Disney World. For work I split my time between working the baking and pastry field, and working as an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner.
Stacey_zpsdirocduv.jpg

My fiancé Steven, is 27, and he is an accountant. He is a recent Disney convert. He’s always liked Disney, and he was there twice previously, but I mean…. Being around me so much really brings it out in people! He is always willing to feed into my Disney addiction for and with me. Bless him!
Steven_zpsfjktju0b.jpg

Next would be Steven’s parents, Kathy and Bill.
Bill%20and%20Kathy_zpseuj7jtlh.jpg

Also his sister Liz, 24 and her boyfriend Pat, 22.
Liz%20and%20Pat_zpsbql8dpiy.jpg

It was Steven's family vacation this year, and I was lucky enough to be included in the festivities! I was very excited, and a little nervous about staying off property, considering my family has been staying on property for over 10 years. So it's been a while since I did the whole off property thing, but as this wasn’t my vacation, I took the backseat, and went a long for the ride. Only offering my advice when asked! And in the end, they did actually save a lot of money by staying off property, especially since the hotel we stayed at was offering a special deal on a ticket package (I believe it was buy 5 days, get the 6th and 7th free). Over 6 people, it did make a difference. Although, sure there are undoubted disadvantages to staying off property, and if given the option, I would never chose to stay off property on my own… but nonetheless, it really wasn’t that bad! (Transportation and the added flexibility that comes with it aside!)

Without me even realizing it, this vacation was going to be my most magical visit ever… A sweet and beautiful surprise was waiting for me! Please continue to read along, and enchant yourself with my lovely story! I hope you all enjoy it
:jumping1:

NEXT UP: MAY 8th *TRAVEL DAY*

Last edited:
Friday, May 8th, 2015

TRAVEL DAY

I generally don't include travel day posts, however this a very new, and very "eventful" form of travel for us, so I thought it was worth it to include! popcorn::

So by the time my alarm went off I was basically teeming with excitement all night long, so I don’t really remember sleeping too well (or too long, rather) the night before, but I sure did wake up bright eyed and bushy-tailed. Basically, like this :Pinkbounc We woke up early, and began to get ready to leave a catch the train…. :O That’s right, the six of us were making the great journey on the Amtrak Silver Star leaving from Philadelphia to Orlando. Steven’s father was the only one of us who had ever been on a long-distance train ride before, and his memories of it were, let’s just say, “less than fond”. Steven’s mom was really excited to try the train though. Pat and Liz kind of started the whole idea because they were originally going to be taking the train alone (and the rest of us were going to fly) because Pat is afraid to fly. Steve’s mom thought this sounded like a fun idea… she had done all the rest…(plane, boat, driven), the train was next on the list. So reluctantly we all went along for the ride. Not going to lie, Steven and I did consider flying down (instead of the 22 HOUR train ride), and meeting them at the resort, but we decided to be good sports and just suck it up and go with everyone as a family.

At this point in the early morning, as I curled my hair, and put on my make-up and comfy Disney travel clothes, I have to admit… I was a little excited to try the train! I love taking the train into the city, so I was hoping the train would be a little adventure. Oh, but what an “adventure” it was… about 6 hours into the train I can proudly confirm, I hated that damn train. And it only got worse. And I am not a complainer, trust me, it was just that bad. (Spoiler alert—at the end of the trip I don’t think anyone enjoyed the train and/or would ever do it again.) But before I get to ahead of myself, let’s start off at the train station, shall we?

Now, let me give you a little insight into myself… I, for some reason, actually really enjoy places of transit (airports, train stations, etc). Something about them just seem like the beginning of an exciting new adventure! So to be able to go to 30th Street Station and see a grand train station terminal and embark on this new journey with Steven and his family was enticing to me.

We weren’t able to all fit in one car, and we didn’t want to park down at the train station, or bother someone by asking them to drop us all off, since we would need to cars for us and our luggage, Steve’s parents arranged a car service to come pick us up at their house and drive us to 30th Street Station. It was a nice ride, and our driver was friendly, chatting and on time. He helped us into the train station, and let us know where to go to check in. The station was beautiful. And we had arrived in plenty of time, so we went and checked in our bags, kept our carry-ons with us, and headed to find a place to camp out close enough to the train platform, but somewhere comfortable. Our concern was that we weren’t sure if our seats would be altogether or not, so we wanted to be able to board early enough that we could sit near each other, but we soon discovered, we did have specific seats designated to us, so we felt a little better.
11116224_10153755806293973_6281723459876147888_o_zpslzisedia.jpg

11054413_10153755816983973_7690151754993024374_o_zpsmsivp2zw.jpg

We grabbed some quick snacks and breakfast type food and coffee :drinking1while we sat down at one of the dining tables they have dotted along the train station. And basically just waited and people watched, and talked, before making our last minute bathroom breaks, and then gathered up our stuff to begin to board the train. They let us line up about 10 minutes before they allowed us onto the platform to actually board the train. The train was on time arriving, which after waiting about 1.5 hours at the station, we were ready to board. :jumping1:

We boarded the train, and we ran into our first issue, we were supposed to be in seats of 2, in three consecutive rows, so we were all grouped together. Well, Liz and Pat sat down… then the row behind them Mr. and Mrs…. Then the row behind them was me and Steven, however…. There was a mother and daughter sleeping in our seats…. We mentioned this to them, and instead of giving us our allotted seats and making the people in the wrong spot move, they had us seat across the aisle from Mr. and Mrs. Which we actually enjoyed because we could see them and talk to them, what with being right next to them, instead of being behind them, and having to talk over or through the seats.
885669_10153755817198973_3954096031887079866_o_zpsb1lwvms2.jpg

11270385_10153755817318973_8891272892403272353_o_zpsqllyie47.jpg

11270174_10153755817208973_7101137355703371087_o_zpsw9cut165.jpg

The train ride was long, and while plenty happened during the ride (including but not limited to, a delay due to a person being hit by a train in front of us, the bathroom in our train car breaking and leaking into the train car, and being delayed yet again), for the most time we just chatted, watched some movies on our portable DVD player, and tried to sleep away the train time. I won’t drawl this on too much longer, I’ll throw in a pros and cons section, but long story short. The train was LONG. And that’s an understatement. It was a little loud, got delayed twice (for a total of 6 hours), and actually ended up being more expensive then flying.

**Note** I will say this, just because we had an awful experience on this particular train route, don’t let that deter you… I hear many people take the Auto-train (out of VA) and love it! But, I just wanted to share my experience.

PROS: it didn’t crash? No, it did seem exciting at first, but just far too long of a ride for me. And this is coming from someone who has driven to Disney every year 18+ hours from PA. And once in an RV with 14 people. So I have patience, believe you me. Another nice feature was that every seat had its own plug socket, so if you wanted to keep your devices charged, or bring a portable DVD player like we did, charging it up won’t be an issue! Also, the chairs were as comfortable as any chair could be for 22 hours. However, if you are taller like my Steven, your legs may be sad on this trip when it comes to trying to sleep. While he was sitting he was comfortable. Also, the train was nice and air conditioned. I did get quite cold however, so bring a jacket or a blanket for sure!

CONS: The bathrooms were those disgusting, smelly, I feel like everything in here is infected, airplane-port-a-potty type deals. On a plane, sure maybe not bad if you have to use it once. But on a 22 (realistically 28) hour train ride, this was the biggest downside to me. I didn’t want to use it at all. And to top it off, the one in our car BROKE. Spilling water, seeping out into the train car, wetting the back portion of the rug. Luckily we were in the front of the car, but trust me, the smell of a broken port-a-potty, it traveled. Also, another issue with this is you had to go into another train car every time you needed the restroom, and to get to the food car, you had to walk through the wet carpet. Delayed two separate times for a total of 6 hours. The food was not good, and extremely expensive for what it was in my opinion. You are allowed a cooler, we all agreed we would have just brought hoagies and called it a day. And call me anti-social if you want, but they will only seat 4 people per table max, and we were a party of 6. So not only did Steven and I not get to eat with his family, but we had to eat with two complete strangers... it was a bit awkward. :confused: We had to make reservations for the dining car once we were onboard for a few hours. Service was slow and not good at all. There were a lot of issues with the train and the accommodations, and the worst let down is that Amtrak did nothing to try and resurrect the inconveniences and uncleanly manner of our train car. I think our train car could have at least gotten a free meal out of having to sit in the train car with the broken toilet. :confused3

UP NEXT: MAY 9th, ARRIVAL, CHECK-IN, and MAGIC KINGDOM!!! :cheer2:

Joining in. :wave: Sorry the train ride wasn't the best but I'm sure once you got to Orlando things got better. Looking forward to reading along.

Joining in. :wave: Sorry the train ride wasn't the best but I'm sure once you got to Orlando things got better. Looking forward to reading along.

Hello!! Thank you so much for reading along!! I'm so happy to have you!

And thank you, I hope I don't sound like a Debbie-downer because we really did have an AMAZING vacation, the train was just a rocky start! We all tried to make the best of it just fine :D I can't wait to post more!

Following along. I did a similar length train ride here in Australia years ago and I would never do that long a distance again - I've decided 5-6 hours is my limit for trains!

Bummer about the train! As a kid we took the train down to Orlando from Boston every year, because my grandfather would not fly. I never minded, but I was a kid and probably just saw the adventure of it. We also did a cross country train trip. THAT ended up wearing on us a little bit.
Looking forward to reading the rest!

Saturday, May 9th- Arrival Day: Check- In and Magic Kingdom!!

Still reeling from the train, and being exhausted from the 28-hour-or-so journey, still clad in yesterday’s outfits we were all excited to arrive in Orlando, and get off the train and on our way to Walt Disney World!! :cloud9: We arrived in the afternoon… honestly, I can’t remember exactly what time, I want to say around the 2-3pm mark. We got off the train with our carry-ons and began to make our way down to the end where they were releasing luggage to the passengers. Everyone beside Steven’s dad, who had made a quick break for the car rental kiosk inside the terminal before the line became outrageous. Once we hit the bathrooms, got the luggage and the keys to the rental car we all made our way to the terminal parking lot to find out rental. I believe it was a Chevy Traverse, it was nice and fit us all pretty well! Steven’s dad definitely liked it.
11312857_10153755817563973_7584975900037405750_o_zpsu0gnnmie.jpg

11334213_10153755817713973_3333960563717848256_o_zpsvfzrgi4f.jpg

:worship:

We traveled maybe 20-30 minutes from downtown Orlando, where the station was located, to our resort. As I mentioned in the introduction, we stayed off property this trip. The resort we stayed at was the Quality Suites Royal Parc Suites. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite. The first bedroom was Mr. and Mrs. with a queen bed and a private bathroom. Then the second bed was Steven, Liz, Pat and I with 2 queen beds. Each room had a nice two door closet, and a dresser with TV’s and 2 full length mirrors (one in the closet, one on the wall). Outside the second bedroom was the second bathroom, and a kitchen. The kitchen had a breakfast bar that sat 2 people, a sink, microwave, oven, cabinets, and full-sized fridge with a freezer. The living area had a table that sat 4, then your usual suspects… couch, coffee table, end tables, tv stand, TV and a hall closet. They had hair dryers and an iron as well.

11141364_10153755817763973_2899386067282756753_o_zpsrikpwegd.jpg

11259206_10153755817913973_979418262192820830_o_zpssbr8t4ej.jpg

As I mentioned the rooms were clean and nice looking. Bathrooms were especially clean. This hotel was set up much like any of the Disney family resorts where they are motel style rooms, out onto an outside walk way. The entire resort was a giant rectangle, with the pool and hot tub area in the center. It was nice because everything was pretty centralized, and the resort was nice and private, unless through the lobby you couldn’t access the hotel without a keycard to open the doors from the parking lots. I didn’t take too many pictures of the resort.

We checked in and headed upstairs to up pack and change our clothes. No one bothered showering just yet as we were all pretty much starving, and we planned to hit Magic Kingdom for a little bit.

Mrs. was very hungry and didn’t want to wait to get to the park to eat, so we decided to eat at a blast from the past across the street… Ponderosa! When I was a kid we ate there all the time, but all the ones up by us closed, so it was so funny to see one down in Orlando still around! The food was good, the service was friendly, and it was a very affordable meal I must say, with a lot included!

After fueling up, we headed to the parks. Now since, as I mentioned before, the resort had a virtually non-existent transportation system in place to get us to and from the parks, we all decided we’d be driving to and from the parks. And we worked out a schedule. For the most part Steve’s parents ended up leaving earlier, and then coming back to pick us up later. Also, his sister and Pat usually were done before we were too, so it wasn’t ideal because we ended up leaving a few times before we actually were ready to. But, like I said, we made the best of everything that came our way… after all… WE’RE IN DISNEY!!!!!! :rainbow:We parked at the MK parking lot, and then grabbed the monorail on over to MK. This is where we got our first group shot!

11232952_10153755818023973_1197548832157849078_o_zpsed0vn6pt.jpg

11255863_10153755818038973_2965916828391500086_o_zpsb3celdzi.jpg

11312830_10153755818208973_3341989610032923066_o_zpsabnvmpfi.jpg

11165177_10153755818353973_7239523192138868057_o_zpsft6eqnlq.jpg

We arrived at Magic Kingdom and I was basically like…. BESIDE MYSELF. :wizard: At this point, I hadn’t been to Disney in about 2 years, and this was mine and Steven’s first time here TOGETHER!!! I was soooo excited and happy!!! :jumping1:When we got to the park, Liz and Pat immediately decided to split off…. Which was a bit shocking to me because when I go with my family we all stay together pretty much the entire time. So splitting up felt a bit… odd to me. But like I said, all families are different, and this is what they were used to, so I went with the flow. Me and Steve wanted to hang with Mr. and Mrs. (whose plans were just to do the shops on Main Street, then head over to Publix to do food shopping for the hotel and come back for us later) So all four of us went ahead and looked through the stores. We ended up splitting off when Mr. and Mrs. left the park, and we headed to La Chapeau to get me some Minnie Ears!!!! :earsgirl: But first, we watched about 2 seconds of the parade as it was just beginning!

10339476_10153755819173973_3661418598018413466_o_zpsqrglzi7t.jpg

11289494_10153755819198973_2364002868078280414_o_zpsuxm11haf.jpg

11270440_10153755819248973_1972642144889735319_o_zpsmaozd3iy.jpg

11147167_10153755819713973_2981923825811371065_o_zpsts5jggab.jpg

Then we took it nice and easy, as we knew we had plenty of time in MK this trip. Steven hadn’t been here in about 15 years! And I hadn’t been here since they changed a few things over the past 2 years, so I was excited to experience both old and new together! I took him to the train station, as that is one of my most favorite places, and then we made our way down Main Street, taking some pictures along the way, and checking out the new Castle Hub area.

11313112_10153755820373973_5028799738775267172_o_zps6t1lymls.jpg

1658539_10153755820353973_8253962659223708301_o_zpssokxyrps.jpg

Like I said, we made it a slow night, and only did a few attractions. We headed first to Adventureland and checked off the Swiss Family Treehouse, then next to the Jungle Cruise. We waited about 30 minutes for JC. By this time we wanted a little snack, so we stopped in Peco’s Bill and got some chili cheese fries to split. After that we made our way to one of my favorites… THE HAUNTED MANSION. The night time parade was about to begin to we TREKKED it to beat it, but of course we had to go through LS and around to the HUB, and back into LS through Fantasyland. We were supposed met up with Liz and Pat to ride this, but they got there before us and rode it without us.

11289038_10153755820678973_5111519200555006765_o_zpsgjen6zpm.jpg

11334155_10153755820938973_8123287732377090276_o_zpsj42wmgfu.jpg

10668933_10153755821203973_124729282476436858_o_zpsvfphcyww.jpg

After that we checked out the new Tangled themed bathrooms where I basically died and went to HEAVEN!!! Rapunzel is my favorite, and it was all lit up and beautiful and I was like, “this is a BATHROOM? It’s beautiful, I’d get married here!!!!” (foreshadowing much?)

905805_10153755821213973_7820499654512261509_o_zpsidozqnib.jpg

11148843_10153755982553973_483542763461867105_o_zpsu6huzyhh.jpg

Then we took it through to peak at New fantasyland and BOG, through to Tomorrowland, where we rode another one of my favorites, the TTA…. Twice! Where Steve’s sister called to tell us, she was up front and her and Pat were sitting down to watch the fireworks…. So to me and Steve that sounded like, okay we have time to do another ride… right? Well APPARENTLY, when she said she was sitting down to watch the fireworks, what she really meant was I want to leave and you have to meet us at the front of the park now???? So… yeah. She wasn’t too happy when we arrived after the fireworks, but honestly…. The park was open til MIDNIGHT, and me and Steve planned on being there til close. We only got there at 7, and it’s 10pm now. And we had to leave, because Liz wanted to go home, and we didn’t want to make his parents come back for us later. Yet another time I will say, you can’t beat staying on property… especially with 6 adults, all wanting to call it a night and get up at different times, you can’t beat the luxury and the flexibility of on-properties constant transportation. We were a little upset, a) because we had to leave earlier then we wanted and b) because we were being yelled at on our first night at Disney, when she didn’t even tell us she was ready to go. Needless to say, we made our way to the monorail (which took forever because they were on a limited schedule, which didn’t make Liz too happy either), and we walked back to the car where his parents were waiting for us. I think everyone just needed a little sleep. But me and Steven were like :confused3

Anyways, like I said we were only in the park for 3 hours. So not too many pictures of this day! But plentyyyyy for the rest of the week!

STAY TUNED FOR DAY 2: AK, DTD, MK! :tinker:

Last edited:
Bummer about the train! As a kid we took the train down to Orlando from Boston every year, because my grandfather would not fly. I never minded, but I was a kid and probably just saw the adventure of it. We also did a cross country train trip. THAT ended up wearing on us a little bit.
Looking forward to reading the rest!

Yeah, it was just a bit much. The bathrooms and the delays really just pushed over the edge for us! Thank you for following along though!!

Joining in and following along! We were down there around the same time!

Oh awesome!! I had never been in May (aside from my internship), man I forgot how hot it was!!

. Yet another time I will say, you can’t beat staying on property… especially with 6 adults, all wanting to call it a night and get up at different times, you can’t beat the luxury and the flexibility of on-properties constant transportation.
I can understand that. And its a very good point. Communication can be so challenging especially when everyone is that tired.

I can understand that. And its a very good point. Communication can be so challenging especially when everyone is that tired.

Oh, absolutely! And like I said, Steven and I didn't complain about having to leave early or go in to the parks late, because we don’t like to be difficult at all, however it definitely is an added bonus that I can’t deny!

WOW! I am so sorry about your Amtrak experience!!! It sounds terrible! I can't believe they didn't offer anything to you! Or at least try and change your seats to a different car! Anything!!! We were thinking of taking Amtrak from NYC-Charlotte, just for a different way to travel. We've never taken a train that long of a distance before and it sounded appealing. I'm so glad we just decided to fly! Yuck! I'm sure people do have good experiences, but yours just sounds horrible!! I'm so sorry!!!

WOW! I am so sorry about your Amtrak experience!!! It sounds terrible! I can't believe they didn't offer anything to you! Or at least try and change your seats to a different car! Anything!!! We were thinking of taking Amtrak from NYC-Charlotte, just for a different way to travel. We've never taken a train that long of a distance before and it sounded appealing. I'm so glad we just decided to fly! Yuck! I'm sure people do have good experiences, but yours just sounds horrible!! I'm so sorry!!!

Yeah, I think Charlotte from PHL was about 10 hours, so from NY maybe 12 hours... that amount of time wouldn't be so bad maybe if you guys booked a private room on Amtrak, which you can do, but it can be expensive! But just general seating, I wouldn't ever take that train again for anything longer than 5-6 hours tops. Even if the bathrooms didn't break, they still grossed me out to no end! But hey, experience happened, lessons learned! :D Thanks for reading along!!

Day #3: Animal Kingdom, Downtown Disney, then back to Magic Kingdom!

Sunday, May 10th

The next day Steven and I decided to get an earlier start then everyone else. We had reservations for dinner at LTT back in the MK, so we knew we had to make our way back over there in the afternoon, so we took this as an opportunity to do AK. I love AK and it’s a HUGE park! There are so many things to do and see here, but for some reason we always seem to be done after a half a day at the park. So we figured, this was the best day to go! This was also Mother’s Day… and I was SO sad to not have my mom with me!! But we made the best of it and I bought her a special Disney Mother’s Day gift to bring back with me!!

We woke up and got ready for the parks. I had bought a special Minnie Mouse inspired dress designed by Lauren Conrad, so I chose to wear it today. And Steven wore his classic Mickey Mouse shirt to subtly match me. Since everyone else was just taking it easy this morning, then heading over to MK in the afternoon, Steven and I decided to try the transportation at the resort. We took the bus to MK and then had to go to the TTC to grab an AK bus, so it did take us a little bit to get there. But the bus wasn’t that bad, and it was on time. We were pretty much the only people on it. It came around 9am I believe, and we ended up at AK just after 9:30-9:45am. We walked in and took our time traveling through the beginning section of the park. Looking for any animals we could find during our walk. We stopped for pictures in various spots, and one of them definitely being in front of the Tree of Life.

11203646_10153755821603973_3478024795598704991_o_zps5zm0rd8r.jpg

11118848_10153755821653973_4611517485120241425_o_zpse6cz1tyl.jpg

11060015_10153755821573973_5332826646122415088_o_zpsjrgdo22d.jpg

11336980_10153755822093973_409461029136320892_o_zpsjiffgakh.jpg

11223786_10153755821983973_3488699325831580816_o_zpsl3drq1zb.jpg

11313043_10153755822273973_2183399057714511284_o_zps3jqdixuu.jpg

I swear I say this every vacation, but like, is AK hotter than all the other parks or is it just me?! It was in the high 90’s for most of the trip, and maybe my dress wasn’t that breathable that day, but man it was hot, and we were *sweaty*. I assume it must have to do with the plethora of trees keeping the humidity nice and low to the ground, right? Lol. But none the less, not a DROP of rain the entire trip, so that was nice!

We were pretty hungry, so the first thing we did was stop at Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery, which neither of us have ever eaten from before, but we had skipped breakfast at the resort since we wanted to get to the park as early as possible, and we could just walk up and grab something, so that’s what we did. And we got the same thing, scrambled egg, spinach, goat’s cheese and sausage breakfast wraps…. They were amazing!!! We are definitely going to go back there and have this again!

11133643_10153755982933973_495388387129418947_o_zpsllq2y0ey.jpg

11288949_10153755822263973_1057423607114178676_o_zpsndvzprx5.jpg

11337018_10153755822378973_5893893767301970429_o_zpszwdmext5.jpg

After here, we moved on to doing the safari, and watching the Monkeys play for a little while, then onto Expedition Everest…. twice, before moving over to DinoLand and doing some games and Primeval Whirl… MAN, that’s a rough ride, I always forget just how rough it can be, but it’s cute and fun! We did Dinosaur, which terrifies me, but Steven actually was fine during it! Which after my continuous warning of how scary this ride is, totally made me look like a wuss!!!

11053574_10153755822673973_379652735329501851_o_zps06dqyjkr.jpg

11270245_10153755823113973_2106271773753447773_o_zpsskbxvzfo.jpg

11289417_10153755823308973_6608428608675234074_o_zpsbj9tyf6e.jpg

11217587_10153755823408973_8007577273127797681_o_zpsq2damriz.jpg

11270539_10153755823533973_4661478799081873396_o_zpskogfsv64.jpg

We decided we had completed everything we really wanted to do ride and attraction wise, so we started looking around the shops for our Mother’s Day presents! This is wear Steven ended up finding a cool Hawaiian shirt for our Luau later in the week! We had no luck with mother’s day gifts though, so we decided to hit DTD quickly before we had to meet everyone at MK for LTT for our dinner ressie.

We headed on over to DTD, where I picked up some Tsum Tsum’s for my nieces and nephews, and we looked for a Mother’s Day gift still for Steven’s mom. We actually didn’t have a lot of time to spend here, and we missed out on going to a lot of cool stores, but we knew we were under a time crunch, so we just vowed we would make a better trip to the now Disney Springs on our next vacation when we could kind of work our own schedule a little better!

11270564_10153755823718973_8720831652065187794_o_zpsyj1zhic5.jpg

11289422_10153755824003973_1957408663355133791_o_zpshoonljq0.jpg

We made it back to MK from MT and headed right to LTT to meet up with everyone, we pretty much got seated within like 10 minutes of arriving there. I personally have never eaten at LTT before, but my best friend and her boyfriend always rave about it, so we decided to make it here this trip! And OH BOY!! We all loved it. It was sooo delicious. I don’t believe I really took too many pictures of the food because I felt a little weird being like “NO ONE EAT TIL I TAKE PICTURES!!!” (which is how I normally am), but I digress. It was amazing, and delicious, and we will definitely be going back! Steven also gave his mom a really cute and sweet present that he found down at DTD. It was a couch pillow (she loves decorations) that had “Practically Perfect in every Way” stitched on one side, and then “supercalifragilisticexpialidocious” on the other. And then sweet part about this, is that when they were children, they had a secret word to use if anyone else had to come pick them up from school instead of their mom, they had to say “supercalifragilisticexpialidocious”, and if they didn’t know the secret word, the kids weren’t allowed to go with them! So she thought that was a really cute mom gift! And I agree!

11270644_10153755823953973_6640849593874558687_o_zpsr8hhvsbd.jpg

We finished up our dinner, and then headed to do a few of the rides we hadn’t done the night before. We hit Peter Pan first! It was a 60 minute wait… but I haven’t been on it since it’s rehab, and Pete’s my fav. So we waited. And let me tell you… 60 minutes was REAL. It felt like foreverrrrr. But the queue was really cute, and we chatted and had a good time. After than we hit up IASW and then HM again, because LOVE. We took some night pictures of the Castle, and headed into Tomorrowland yet again. Where we did Astro Orbitors. Now, Steven has never done this before, and I haven’t done it in years because I remember it making me so anxious! We waited actually a good 20 minutes for it, which I felt was long for that attraction, but I get it. The CM advised us that since Steven’s on the taller side that we might be more comfortable in two different cars, but it was up to us. And I was like “nahhh, if you think we should go with two cars, we should do cars.” Well, we got up the elevator and into the cars and I turn around and look at Steven, and he goes “we totally could have both gone in one.” He took the words right out of my mouth, there was so much room! And yup, I was right, although you can’t beat the amazing view of Tomorrowland all lit up at night, that ride gives me a-n-x-i-e-t-y. I feel like I’m going to fall out… am I the only one?! But I was really happy I faced my nerves and did it! I got a really cute video as well!

11336894_10153755824073973_6245826051105588753_o_zpsn9xkt4eh.jpg

11336846_10153755824143973_610329775352231844_o_zpsm6fr8kj9.jpg

11270305_10153755824478973_9200146977125358434_o_zps20no3yoq.jpg

11114756_10153755824728973_703567862833513997_o_zps3kd2e9ls.jpg

10996059_10153755825003973_8012604555924953116_o_zpsys7bafxn.jpg

Now, I know what some of you might be thinking…. “Okay, second night in MK, and still no wishes?!” Well, you’re right. The reason we hadn’t done wishes yet is because Steven didn’t even remember them for his last trip, and we made plans to watch them from the Poly beach (which neither of us have ever done) later in the week! So don’t worry, its coming!! Instead, we finished our night off with some ice cream sundaes from Plaza on Main Street. Yummm! The first of MANY treats this trip!

11312661_10153755826878973_5621226589818351700_o_zpsalgdqat6.jpg

UP NEXT: MORE MK, EPCOT and the POLY BEACH for fireworks.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter