• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

An emotional thread!!!!

peacelovemickey

<font color=deepink>I followed the directions step
This is going to sound soooooooooo seriously pathetic I am sure. (Insert harp music) But I just have to say something. I don't post as much as I read. I teach kindergarten/first grade and have my two kids to keep up with so life gets in the way of Dising. But anyway (cue harp music) I don't know what I would do without the Podcast, Disboards and chats. (Don't get to chat as much as I would like) Tonight I just got out of chat and everyone was so amazing. I was in the path of Hurricane Ike and am in the clean up process. We had moderate damage to one room in the house. We have to pull up carpet, repaint, new baseboards, furniture etc.... We still have to eat non-perishable as there is not much available in the area. But this is really nothing compared to our neighboring cities. IT COULD HAVE BEEN SO MUCH WORSE! We are about 20 miles north of Galveston where people may never be able to return to life as usual. Anyway when the power came back on, I was so releived to be able to read the Disboards again and listen to the Podcast. I decided to join chat tonight and got a lot of needed laughs and support. The podcast made me cry twice this morning (and I have only gotten through 1/2 of it) Trying to explain to my family the joy I felt over Kathy winning the Podcast and the sadness to hear about Pete being gone for a while was impossible. But I know I can come here and share joys, fears and all other emotions without anyone thinking I am (too) crazy. I know that this is coming out a jumbled mess but bear with me. I am stir crazy and not in the best state of mind, but I had to come post this. I hope it makes sense!
Thanks again Dis/Podcast family!
:grouphug:

Man, your weird. What kind of nut spends so much time listening to the podcast, chatting and posting on the boards. Some crazy people I hear even waste time posting photos and descriptions of their trips. Gessh...some people......odd ducks!

(this has been sarcasm, any questions talk to J/Kim, hes the master of it)

The PodCast Family helps each of us at different times in our lives. :goodvibes

I realize it's a bit indulgent to quote yourself....but I posted this on another thread and I think it fits here as well.

"Forgive me for copying it and not retyping it.....:)

Seems like we all share "life" here on these boards and that involves laughing and crying, pleasure and pain......all of things that make life life.

Bob's passing made me realize that even though we might not be in the same neighborhood.....we are no less of a community.

I realize that word is a bit overused, but I cant think of a better one than that.

Just look at the posts when one of us is missing for more than a few days. Kim (Mommyceratops) has been quiet for a while and we sent a search party to make sure she's ok. I dont know about you....but I love that!

Lisa (Calypso) organized a meet in WDW and the folks in Indy had one at the same time. They were connected via cell phone and a celebration was had in both locations.

Just because we are connected electronically...or digitally....doesnt make us any less connected. In fact, I think it makes is more connected. I dont know about the rest of you, but I spend more time here than I do with the friends that live close.

I hope we will continue to make each other laugh, think, cry, spit diet coke or any of the other emotions that come up. There will be celebrations and sorrow, laughter and tears.....but that's what life is about. Thats what makes it glorious.

I am proud to be a part of this community.
"

Okay now both of you are making me cry!!!

I have to agree 100%, I feel really very blessed that I have found these boards, and everyone on the podcast team/boards in particular. If I am having a bad day I go read on the boards or listen to some old podcast shows while I work, and it always puts a smile on my face.

I don't care if anyone wants to call us stupid or pathetic or obsessed because we are making a connection on the computer.....but that's just what it is...a connection. And I think it's wonderful. There are so many wonderful people here, and it truly touches my heart that people support each other so unconditionally.

:goodvibes

Harp music cued & playing for you live whenever you want!

Note to self - do NOT read emotional threads at work in the wee hours of the morning.

I really can't agree more. We have a pretty serious situation in my family . . . have been in crisis for about 3 years now.

My kids are heavy metal toxic and have a plethora of health issues as a result. The care/management/recovery process of their condition has drained me physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. Some days I feel like the stress of it all is literally SUCKING the life right out of me.

This board has definitely been a refuge for me. It is somewhere that I can come and not be "J.L., the one who lives that freakish lifestyle because her family is so sick." This place is my escape.

First, I love that I can come here and seem relatively normal even though I am passionate about Disney. But also, I love that I can come here and people just see me and not the health problems that surround me. This is somewhere I can come and laugh even though I am in the midst of big issues that make me want to cry.:sad1:

Thanks Disboards! :grouphug:

Theme Song from Cheers!!!

Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got.
Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot.

Wouldn't you like to get away?

Sometimes you want to go

Where everybody knows your name,
and they're always glad you came.
You wanna be where you can see,
our troubles are all the same
You wanna be where everybody knows
Your name.

You wanna go where people know,
people are all the same,
You wanna go where everybody knows
your name.

Wow Kevin beautifully said, you choked me up big time.

I often think as I'm watching the nightly news with all the hate in the world its great how
we (the disers) manage to get along just fine and were from different countries different economic situations have different political and religious beliefs yet we have become a strong supportive community. You Pete and the gang have created something very special and for that I am truly thankful.

Rob

:sad1:

Ugh! The one day out of the month that I decide to wear mascara and now it is threatening to run and give me coon eyes. I agree that this is a community where we all come to smile, laugh, cry, discuss, disagree, and share the love. The feeling of community regardless of who you are is truly amazing.

I know very well the support you can get from the DIS community. Kevin's post made me cry. He couldn't have put it more perfectly.

Isn't this just the most amazing place :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

In this whole big world, this tiny little microscopic community of Disney fans gives us all a place to bond together to share in the joys and sorrows of our everyday lives. We laugh together and sometimes cry and all the time we know that others will understand why...:grouphug:

I know just how you feel. When I was going through some things with my sister everyone on here gave me great support weather it was advice or prayers. I am so incredibly happy to have a place like this to call home away from home. Well said indeed Kevin. Esp the part about speding more time here than with friends IRL. That I can so relate to. I wake up in the morning and check the DIS first thing. OK enough of my pathetic self. he he he. I love my family here.

Trying to explain to my family the joy I felt over Kathy winning the Podcast and the sadness to hear about Pete being gone for a while was impossible. But I know I can come here and share joys, fears and all other emotions without anyone thinking I am (too) crazy. I know that this is coming out a jumbled mess but bear with me. I am stir crazy and not in the best state of mind, but I had to come post this. I hope it makes sense!
Thanks again Dis/Podcast family!

Just because we are connected electronically...or digitally....doesnt make us any less connected. In fact, I think it makes is more connected. I dont know about the rest of you, but I spend more time here than I do with the friends that live close.

I hope we will continue to make each other laugh, think, cry, spit diet coke or any of the other emotions that come up. There will be celebrations and sorrow, laughter and tears.....but that's what life is about. Thats what makes it glorious.

I am proud to be a part of this community.[/B]"

amen! :grouphug: :grouphug:

I can't imagine what you are dealing with there. I too enjoy sharing life with others on the board. I would even say that sometimes it can be as good as therapy. Take care and hang in there!

Hang in there....you've got peeps thinking about you. :goodvibes

We may be spread out, but we're oooooooooooh so close. :grouphug:

I have been a Dis member for years and years and years but I only post now and again. I guess I am a "lurker" most of the time but I really do feel like a member of the family here.

Sending you some pixie dust pixiedust: Kevin is right this is a community and I am so proud to be part of it

This Is A True Fact

If There Were No Dis Boards, Or Podcast(netcot, Unplugged) I Would Not Know What To Do With My Life

I Love Disney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter