An August Family Adventure at Aulani

Great update and beautiful pictures!My husband and I are thinking of booking these lessons. looks like this group is pretty young. We are in our 50's but pretty active. Wondering if we will be out of our league

Great update and beautiful pictures!My husband and I are thinking of booking these lessons. looks like this group is pretty young. We are in our 50's but pretty active. Wondering if we will be out of our league

The group was mixed, I would go for it!!! My DSis and DBIL took private lessons on the North Shore and they are late 40's. They didn't get the push fro the instructor to catch the waves, so I would do Hawaiian Fire for sure.

Great update on the Hawaiian Fire lessons ScrappyRN! We just got back from our trip a few weeks ago and my boys absolutely loved the surf lessons. It was a highlight of the trip!

carejo5: My Husband and I are in our mid 40's and we did the lesson. It was a lot of fun! The other parents that stayed on the shore to watch told us afterwards that they really wished they would have surfed too because it looked like we were having so much fun. SO I say go for it!

So glad to find your TR. We are heading to Aulani in July 2014 and I am loving your report. Looking forward to the next installment!
:yay:

Thanks for the wonderful trip report. DH and I are going for 2 days in April and then returning again in May for 2 days (a stop between Canada and New Zealand on the way there and back). I am curious of a few things:

1) do you think getting the refillable mugs are worthwhile for a two day stay, given the prices of things in Hawaii (I don't know if we could legitably use the same mugs for the second stay as they are two separate stays)
2) paddle boarding - did you try it and what did you think?

My heart went out to you seeing the pic of your son feeling sick on the boat...I am sure that will be a memorable story to tell in the future when it doesn't feel so fresh!

Thanks again

Inga

Scrappy, we are going to Aulani at the end of March and I was trying to book Boom Boom for a fishing charter. I know it didn't work out for you but would you book with them if sea sickness wasn't an issue? so many charters trying to choose is difficult. I guess were the Captain and mates good to you?

Great TR. I'm enjoying reading along and finding out tips for my first Aulani trip this October.

DS also got a tiki necklace that he loved! .

This sentence in your TR made me curious as I don't often hear people in other countries using the Maori word 'tiki'. It got me wondering whether you've been to New Zealand, or perhaps this word has become more commonplace world wide than I realised?

Edited: Silly me. I just remembered that there is that Polynesian show at Disney called Tiki Room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter