An apology to pete and the DIS

shanethesaint88

Mouseketeer
I'd first like to start off by saying that my intentions for my thread were not to speculate or critique the way the team handled shaun's leaving. It was intended to be a thread for people to thank, say goodbye, and wish luck to Shaun. I admit partaking in speculation and truly apologize for that. I understand that whatever happened is private between the owners of the DIs and Shaun, and shall remain that way. I'd also like to issue an apology to Pete. I went back and listened to the show and he did wish shaun goodluck and said thank you. I was mistakenly wrong for saying that he didn't. I will continue to support the show fully and thank the team for their hard work so we can have a show every week. They don't have to do that. Sorry everyone for what happened in the thread. Everyone have a magical day!!!

If I said anything in chat that was inappropriate, I also apologize. I think we were all just shocked and said the first things that came to our minds in a very reactive way. I love the podcast, I love Shaun, I love Pete - and I fully realize that it is absolutely 100% none of my gosh darned business what goes on behind the scenes.

I don't think anyone needs to apologize to anyone.

I think everyone reacted in a justified way. People always want to know when someone leaves something they are attached to. Also, as Corey said neither party can talk about it. Doesn't mean anyone has to like anyone's reaction. FWIW, I was on twitter and felt better seeing Shaun and Corey checking in somewhere together. I don't know if it's as bad as people think but losing a loved component of the podcast ain't good either.

It's gonna be hard because seeing Shaun on the show and hearing his clever quips was much like this gif (in honor of Shaun's musical taste):
elmo-john-mayer-cuddle-o.gif

I didn't see anything in your posts that you needed to apologize for. The show is popular because it is more than just a show... And the hosts share their lives with the listeners. The reactions I've seen are totally normal.

I'd first like to start off by saying that my intentions for my thread were not to speculate or critique the way the team handled shaun's leaving. It was intended to be a thread for people to thank, say goodbye, and wish luck to Shaun. I admit partaking in speculation and truly apologize for that. I understand that whatever happened is private between the owners of the DIs and Shaun, and shall remain that way. I'd also like to issue an apology to Pete. I went back and listened to the show and he did wish shaun goodluck and said thank you. I was mistakenly wrong for saying that he didn't. I will continue to support the show fully and thank the team for their hard work so we can have a show every week. They don't have to do that. Sorry everyone for what happened in the thread. Everyone have a magical day!!!

Why apoligize tho? Nothing wrong with wondering why someone abruptly is no longer on a show they have been on for a long period of time.
Time will tell what gives :hourglass

What I mean with above post is that your original post was respectful in saying you would miss Shaun. I'm sure you didn't mean for it to become what, I can only assume, the thread actually became.

I believe, shanethesaint88, your intentions were good. Simply put, Shaun was family and when family goes away it's difficult. There are so many of us out here that the podcast team have never met and may never meet, but on the flip side, they, The Dis members, through the podcast, videos, pictures etc. are in 'our homes' every week. They've become close friends, family even. Especially over the past years, John, Pete, Kevin, Corey, Julie, Kathy, Teresa, Dustin, Craig, and Shaun. Unfortunately too many speculate or try to find blame. It's a moot point. The circumstances of the break is not our business, but that doesn't change the fact that many people wanted an outlet to say, "Thank you Shaun Thompson, you will be missed." I believe this is what you tried to do and it just got a little turned around. Thank you for your effort and thank you to the podcast team for all their work.

I believe, shanethesaint88, your intentions were good. Simply put, Shaun was family and when family goes away it's difficult. There are so many of us out here that the podcast team have never met and may never meet, but on the flip side, they, The Dis members, through the podcast, videos, pictures etc. are in 'our homes' every week. They've become close friends, family even. Especially over the past years, John, Pete, Kevin, Corey, Julie, Kathy, Teresa, Dustin, Craig, and Shaun. Unfortunately too many speculate or try to find blame. It's a moot point. The circumstances of the break is not our business, but that doesn't change the fact that many people wanted an outlet to say, "Thank you Shaun Thompson, you will be missed." I believe this is what you tried to do and it just got a little turned around. Thank you for your effort and thank you to the podcast team for all their work.

Well said. Feel free to start such a thread like this.

I think its a natural thing to speculate when someone leaves.

I was watching a show recently (when they had a guest from the Orlando Sentinel on) when there was some news about a Disney executive leaving and I believe Pete said something along the lines of "I think there more to this story".(or something similar to that). Is that not Speculating why that executive left? That is exactly the reason why I love Pete as the host of the show and he does a dam good job of trying to get to the truth of the story.

The show is getting more popular and instances like this will occur when fans will question certain parts of the show.

Phil

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter