• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

An American In Paris or....~Charlie, pirates and FEs!

Arizona Rita

DIS Veteran
How I survived a 20 day, 8 country trip with 2 teenagers a husband and 10 bags in various sizes!

Dear Moderators
This may not be the right place to post this but I have made requests to hear about my trip and so I am asking that this be allowed to be posted here and then you all can move it if you want once Im done....
Pretty Please? Thanks in advance!

The Players:
Chris, DH, payer of all bills and puts up with me! (once quoted as saying "The parks are for you and the kids but the cruises are for me!)

Rita, ME!, the Disney Freak, cries at the sound of a ships horn!
Eric, DS, 16, can hold his own about Disney against/with me, Ive taught him well
Lauren, DD, 13, more like her Dad but has learned most through osmosis!

The Countries:
England, London and Dover
Norway, Oslo
Denmark, Copenhagen
Germany, Berlin
Russia, St. Petersburg
Finland, Helsinki
Sweden, Stockholm
France, Paris
With 4 sea days, which were greatly needed!

I will try to throw some photos in here also, at least one per place, if not more.
The more question anyone asks about this the better off I am because Im terrible at journaling in scrapbooks let alone typing a TR, but I love answering questions about the trip.

DAY 1
We left without any problems eccept when we got to the airport after dropping the van off DH couldnt remember if he locked it so got back on the shuttle and went back to make sure it was locked. Not leaving the van in that area for 3 weeks without it being locked. Good thing is DH likes to be at the airport early for peace of mind so we had plenty of time to do this.
No problems, no hassles, flights were good, next thing you know its

DAY 2
and we are in Jolly Old England!
A lot of people have some big city that they are fond of, Chicago, NY, San Fran, mine is London. I just love it. It even has its own shade of gray to me and I love the rain, and the vibe and I can never spend enough time there.
We stayed at a very nice hotel called the County Hall Park Plaza, which actually seemed more like a convention hotel and was directly across the street from the sisiter hotel Disney was using but for almost half the cost.
We got 2 rooms and the girls bunked together and the boys together.
They were well appointed rooms with good sized bathrooms which almost killed me on the 5th day but we'll get to that later!
We got settled and then set out to find supplies, soda!, and the desk directly us to this little store which we were in almost twice a day.
I have a friend whose DH is in the military and she came to the room with her 2 younger kids , one who L uded to take care of and the baby who was born there.
I love my friends and I knew it was going to be the only time to see her and she lives about 2 hours away but I dont sleep on the planes and I was tired so I did everything I could think of to stay awake and although I miss her I didnt argue with her when she said they should get going.
And we had to be ready by 745 the next morning to be picked up for our full day tour of London!~
Tomorrow, TOL, St Pauls and pidgeons!
4767722559_d479858487_d.jpg

I have wanted to hear about your trip report myself and I am looking forward to more.

Rebecca

Morning everyone!
Yes, after going back over, Chris didnt even get off the van, they passed by and he clicked twice making sure to hear the alarm. He says he didnt want to know! Phx has some very industrial, not so pleasant areas and thats where the van was, so better safe than sorry!

Onwards....
After getting ready, internal clocks were still wacky, had enough time to go to our "Quickie Mart" and grab something for breakfast and something we had been teasing E about, his first Daily Sun with the notorious Page 3 girl!
Took his pic looking at her for the first time, and yes, saved the paper , but no, wont be scrapping that.
Tour bus picked us up at the hotel, went and puped others and went to the station to get the right bus for the tour.
After much deliberation and Tour Guide Mazda's help decided to go with organized tour to see things and get bearings.
It was a very good tour which included
Tower of London(TOL), Thames River cruise (seeing sites along the banks such as the Globe theater) passing a couple of the bridges, then we had lunch at a pub which was moe like a resturant, and then more sites where we passed by the court where Sir Paul got his nasty divorce, Westminister Abby gardens, changing of the gaurde, which was really just seeing the awesome military band (it was Prince Phils b-day and I think that might have had something to do with it , this was in fromt of Buck house) more city tour and then the London Eye to finish it off.
I would say this tour was very well worth the money spent.
We were able to walk back from the Eye to our hotel which was only about a mile away.
On our way back we stopped at some little "Italian" resturant for dinner which was just down from our Q Mart, where we stopped again before going to the hotel and crashing!
Almost forgot to mention a bit more about St P's and pidgeons.
St P's is where the "Feed the Birds" takes place in Mary Poppins and where Diana was married.
We toured inside and then L and C decided to walk the stairs to very top. E and I went to find the snack bar. This is where E decide that "ginger" girls are cute and chatted the sales girl up. We took our goodies outside and sat on the steps waiting for C and L.
London pidgeons aint afraid of nothing!
There was this one that I think survived the Blitz and he had his eye on E's cookie, E told me he did not like pidgeons and they made him nervous. Here comes creepy, slowly, and he gets within an inch of E when he finally notices it and he did this jerked and all but screamed. It was all I could do not to laugh!
Not long after that L and C rejoined us and we had to hurry to get our bus. The buses do leave on time, we never missed one but were close!

Next UP~ Killer Bathtubs and MAZDA!!
4768349716_eec9f4c0ff_d.jpg

4767715777_ede6f71da1_d.jpg

4768359838_b912a8b780_d.jpg

YM, we booked it ourselves and in fact had the cruise part booked on the day DCL released ressies Oct 2008!
I was late for work that day and "lied"and said I had car trouble but when I when in the classroom my coteacher said "all I want to know is did you get it" and my response was "would I be here?":)

YM, we booked it ourselves and in fact had the cruise part booked on the day DCL released ressies Oct 2008!
I was late for work that day and "lied"and said I had car trouble but when I when in the classroom my coteacher said "all I want to know is did you get it" and my response was "would I be here?":)

Great job, AR!!! Sounds like something I would and have done.....(Be late for a work meeting to schedule something for a vacation)!! Sounds like an awesome trip!

Its cool to read this I spent 5 days in London and 15 days in Paris this past May. I may write a Trip report on the DL Paris boards as we learned some important lessons, thats other could defiantly learn from. I can't wait to read the rest of your report.

Just think of it as journaling for all those photos you know you took! Thanks for posting it here first!

I pulled most of the photos I think others would like to see so NEE check back when there's photos.
Tigger~ would love to discuss what you learned because as far as Im concerned with Paris, been there, done that.There's no way I could have taken 15 days!

I pulled most of the photos I think others would like to see so NEE check back when there's photos.
Tigger~ would love to discuss what you learned because as far as Im concerned with Paris, been there, done that.There's no way I could have taken 15 days!

Oh we LOVED Paris and will go back someday. However we got stuck outside Paris with not enough cash to get back. Thank goodness we were close to Disney and could get there and to an ATM. Its funny cause most people don't like Paris but we thought it great. We really enjoyed Fat Tire Bike Tours. However I did not like London and everyone else I went with thought it was the best. I want to give it another try though as we only spent 5 days in London and hardly got to see any sights.

Well Funky, this actually is a Dis trip because we took the 12 night Baltic cruise and then went to DLP too. But I hope you will like reading along anyways!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter