An Alphabetical, (Flower and) Garden Variety TR- V is for: Vida la Tucson! TR COMPLETE! (3/14)

Looks like such a beautiful day. The topiaries are gorgeous and I do like the butterfly photos. Very pretty indeed.
Food sounds great at both Epcot and the Dahlia lounge, pity about the drinks.
Looking forward to dinners details.

Since I'm at WDW right now, waiting to go to Epcot and paint my number square, I'll comment briefly.

Sorry you got the timeline screwed up, that's why I try to take copious notes on the buses and other transportation. That's too bad that both you and your mom were having such a tough time.

I've always liked the Boathouse, but we have always had a delectable seafood dish.

I guess there must be a lot of scooter incidents on the buses which is why the bus drivers are always so suspect of us. I guess they just assume no one knows how to drive and those of us who can suffer for it.

OK off to paint my number square!

South Seas Traveler: Created by the Yak and Yeti Bartenders...Myer's Original Dark Rum and Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, Monin Lychee Syrup, and citrus juices- $12.00
I ordered this drink when we were at Yak and Yeti last week. It was delicious - light and refreshing. I am glad that you recommended it.

Now we are trying to figure out a way to return to Yak and Yeti during our very short three day trip in March. :)

After a MUCH better sleep, (Marcia had some extra earplugs)
Ah! Too bad you didn't wake her up the night before to get some.
(Had you only known.)
our little group headed to EPCOT for a day taking in the Flower and Garden Festival. But first Mom, Dad and I went to the QS for a bite.
I thought this was a misstep when I first read that sentence.
I thought "Rookies! Skip breakfast and save room for festival food!"
But since you later said that booth foods weren't the priority this time... y'all are forgiven your breakfasts.
I avoided the excuse of a breakfast I was served the day before of shriveled up sausage and fake eggs
:sad2:
Dad was anxious to talk about the business of my purchase of half ownership of the house, so we carved out some time that morning to make some decisions. I think we spent a couple of hours in all figuring out what we needed to and then headed back to the room to see if Marcia was ready.
Not exactly rope droppers, are they.
How much were you itching to get going? Or were you okay with the slower pace?
IMG_8017-L.jpg
Nice shot. :thumbsup2
The bus was left unscathed and I’m happy to say that I did not die when Mom parked her scooter.
Yay!
I bet that made the local news.
"Tourist fails to murder property or persons for first time!"
Very pretty! :)
We chose to start in Mexico which goes against what I usually do, but well, Mexico’s La Choza is a bit of a game changer. I mean… there are margs and empanadas.
:laughing:
we were having a very special dinner
Colour me curious.
So, not a fan of topiary, but... I can appreciate the artistry and skill. This one is pretty impressive.
Huh! Interesting bit of trivia.
It must be done.
Nicely framed. Like this pic.
One highlight was the Affogado from the Italian ice cream place: “Affogato” Espresso Gelato,Fresh Italian espresso poured over vanilla gelato with an amaretto cookie- $11.75 While grossly overpriced, I do admit, it was probably one of the best Disney snacks I’ve ever had.
Not something I would have, but... glad you liked it so much. :)
The CM was so fun and was just gushing about how this was the best kept “Hidden Mickey snack on property”. Kinda love that!
:goodvibes
Love this shot. Really takes the eyes on a journey.
Eep! As long as that beak doesn't go pecking in my direction!
Another pretty good kiosk item I tried was from the Moroccan Pavilion: Moroccan Seafood Couscous with Shrimp, Mussels, Olives, Preserved Lemons, and Anchovy Breadcrumbs-
There's some things in there that I wouldn't normally like... but... this actually sounds good. I may order it and hate it... but I would try it.
I shocked myself and also ordered: M.I.A. Beer Company Pink Hibiscus Orange Wheat Ale; $4.50. It tasted like every other beer I don’t like. Bitter. Once in a while, I try again with the same results 99% of the time.
:lmao:
Pretty flower.
Oh, sure... and then you go and dump it all in the harbour.
I adore the photos of Walt working alongside Salvador Dali!
That's pretty cool. ::yes::
I wanted to try the: Ham and Cheese Bocadillo, Jamon Serrano, Manchego Cheese, Roasted Garlic Aïoli, Honey, Toasted Baguette- $14 which is indeed AMAZING!
Sounds good. I would not think to put honey on there... and why not? I've had honey-ham before!
Unfortunately, neither of us loved our drinks. Hers was made with a house made saffron infusion and it just wasn’t good.
Well... poop.
I ordered the Manzana Fizz- Agustín Blázquez Felipe II Solera Reserva Brandy, Harveys Bristol Cream Sherry, Lemon, Apple, Freixenet Blanc de Blancs Cava Brut. Contains pasteurized egg whites-$14, but it came without the egg white which is the whole point of a “Fizz”. I was disappointed for sure. Oh well…
"I'll have the scrambled eggs... hold the eggs."
our bus ride to dinner…
ooohhh... cliff hanger...

Your butterfly pictures are gorgeous!! Love your dress and all the beautiful colors!

A stroll through World Showcase sounds divine right now, as I embark on Valentine's Day in Kindergarten, which though joyful, will be insane and chaotic as well! I'll need a drink when I get home, that's for sure!

It needed a lot of start up maintenance since it'd been in dry storage for 2 years under the hot sun with no shade. Hopefully soon I can start enjoying the pool and other things to do here at my rural setting park.
I hear you on the maintenance! It feels like home maintenance never stops, even if we've been here the whole time. I can only imagine that there's more to worry about when it's a home and vehicle and has been "on hold" for a couple of years! Good luck with getting through it so you can enjoy the community!

I've been watching and lurking and just wanted to say I love your trip report. My Mother and I were in tears when you wrote about the scooter drama. I read it to her and she just lost it.

Thank you so much for your humor and your wonderful post, it made me feel like I was still there while missing it from our January trip so much!

Dad was anxious to talk about the business of my purchase of half ownership of the house, so we carved out some time that morning to make some decisions. I think we spent a couple of hours in all figuring out what we needed to and then headed back to the room to see if Marcia was ready.

It's so confusing with this TR being almost a year ago, and you've already moved, twice! And we're still reading about your move to Kentucky, while you're talking to your Dad about details about Kentucky while you are posting pictures on FB from Arizona! :crazy:

This reminds me that while I wanted to ride "It's a Small Mexico", I never made it there.....

Fresh Italian espresso poured over vanilla gelato with an amaretto cookie

Well that sounds delicious! I'll have to file that for next time as well.

Moroccan Seafood Couscous with Shrimp, Mussels, Olives, Preserved Lemons, and Anchovy Breadcrumbs-

Minus the Olives it sounds very good.

Once in a while, I try again with the same results 99% of the time.

I was gonna say, I thought you didn't like beer.....

I only ate a few bites because I didn’t want to spoil my dinner, so took the rest back and ate it on the plane the next day.

Oh, the TR is that close to being over!

I ordered the Manzana Fizz- Agustín Blázquez Felipe II Solera Reserva Brandy, Harveys Bristol Cream Sherry, Lemon, Apple, Freixenet Blanc de Blancs Cava Brut. Contains pasteurized egg whites-$14, but it came without the egg white which is the whole point of a “Fizz”. I was disappointed for sure. Oh well…

Definitely disappointing! Why serve it without the Fizz part? :confused3

Ah.
I've tried that and it doesn't work for me.
Because they hurt, or???
Be less subtle next time...
good-morning-prank.gif
:laughing:
That's okay. I'm bigger and stronger than they are. I could take 'em.

Don't forget they will choose your assisted living arrangements in the future. And if you want them to change your diapers before they stick you there, you may want to be nice. :lmao:
"So? How many today?"
"32... 32 crashes."
"A slow day, huh?"

Makes for great dinner conversation!
Okay... don't know what that is.
Partial Tree Sharing Protocols?
Proceed to Select Protocols?
Payment Terminal Service Providers?
Physical Travelling Salesman Problems?
Perishables and Temperature Sensitive Products?
Public Transportation Subsidy Programs?
Well, at the time I posted that I had a witty answer but now that it's been far too long that I posted that I cannot remember what it was. It had something to do with Post Traumatic (Scooter Crashing something) Syndrome. Such is the life of an over-the-hill brain. However, I will give you major props for your exceedingly creative attempts at guessing. ;)

Looks like such a beautiful day. The topiaries are gorgeous and I do like the butterfly photos. Very pretty indeed.
Food sounds great at both Epcot and the Dahlia lounge, pity about the drinks.
Looking forward to dinners details.
It was all so amazing! It's my favorite festival for all the reasons you listed!

I do like the Dahlia for sure, but not quite as much as the Nomad, Geyser Point, or even the Enchanted Rose.

Since I'm at WDW right now, waiting to go to Epcot and paint my number square, I'll comment briefly.
You lucky ducks! I was so sad to have only gotten 1 hour of the Festival!
Sorry you got the timeline screwed up, that's why I try to take copious notes on the buses and other transportation. That's too bad that both you and your mom were having such a tough time.

Sigh... I start out with a bang on most trips but after around Day 2 I forget, then give up and try to rely on photos.
I've always liked the Boathouse, but we have always had a delectable seafood dish.

I've had good luck in the past with some quite lovely meals. Wasn't impressed with the food this last time, but then again really mis-ordered I think.

I guess there must be a lot of scooter incidents on the buses which is why the bus drivers are always so suspect of us. I guess they just assume no one knows how to drive and those of us who can suffer for it.

I think that is true. Disney is such a lot of walking and I think that most folks who can get along pretty well for short walks into and out of stores, at home, etc... don't use scooters, but get one for the long days at Disney. It's challenging for someone who not only doesn't use one regularly, but the parks with crowds, dicey bus loading, twisty queues, etc... it becomes really hard.

OK off to paint my number square!
Not sure if you're home yet or not.... but sure looks like you had/are having fun!

You are wearing the correct dress for the butterfly pictures. You look great in the dress, by the way. :)
Not planned but it sure worked out! :D

We like this band, too, and try to watch them at least once or more during our trips.

Aren't they fun? Such great entertainers and so talented.

I ordered this drink when we were at Yak and Yeti last week. It was delicious - light and refreshing. I am glad that you recommended it.

Oh I"m so glad!! I thought the same. So yummy!

Now we are trying to figure out a way to return to Yak and Yeti during our very short three day trip in March. :)

That place has really grown on me. The food is really good and if you can get upstairs it's great. My only complaint is the downstairs area can be deafeningly loud.

Ah! Too bad you didn't wake her up the night before to get some.
(Had you only known.)

Right?! OH well, at least I can say I missed a night of sleep in the bathtub.
I thought this was a misstep when I first read that sentence.
I thought "Rookies! Skip breakfast and save room for festival food!"
But since you later said that booth foods weren't the priority this time... y'all are forgiven your breakfasts.

Why thank you! LOL! I really still don't understand why EPCOT opens so darned late. It's a joke! Esp for families with kids who are awake at 6:00 AM and done for the day at 5:00 or so.
Not exactly rope droppers, are they.
How much were you itching to get going? Or were you okay with the slower pace?

OH I wasn't. At all. It was hard to get around (even getting on and off the scooter was hard still) so I wasn't in a hurry to go or do anything really.

Nice shot. :thumbsup2

Thanks! Rule of 3's diagonal-style on that one.

Yay!
I bet that made the local news.
"Tourist fails to murder property or persons for first time!"
:lmao:
Colour me curious.

Coming up!
So, not a fan of topiary, but... I can appreciate the artistry and skill. This one is pretty impressive.

They are so detailed! Hard not to at least admire to some degree.

Huh! Interesting bit of trivia.

::yes:: I learn a lot still at Disney

It must be done.

It's good luck, ya know. They should randomly put a piece of gold up there. It'd be like pulling the sword from the stone.
Nicely framed. Like this pic.

Minimalist photography is growing on me. :)

Not something I would have, but... glad you liked it so much. :)

Maybe this Fall I can try on in Italy. :/
Love this shot. Really takes the eyes on a journey.

Thanks! I like how it turned out too!
Eep! As long as that beak doesn't go pecking in my direction!

Those things are lethal! Even a small chicken beak can hurt, so I can't even imagine how awful a 4 inch dagger like that would feel!

There's some things in there that I wouldn't normally like... but... this actually sounds good. I may order it and hate it... but I would try it.

It wasn't as good as the Spain booths Seafood cup, but this was quite good.

Pretty flower.
I think it was so symmetrically arranged with a bold design in the middle.

Oh, sure... and then you go and dump it all in the harbour.

.... and since they still didn't get the point, now we have the US. ;)
Sounds good. I would not think to put honey on there... and why not? I've had honey-ham before!

See? It really was very, very good. I had hoped to have a stay at the Tower a few months ago, but sadly that trip fell through. I'd have gotten then too.
"I'll have the scrambled eggs... hold the eggs."

LOL!! Breakfast food in general isn't my thing, and this added insult to injury.

Your butterfly pictures are gorgeous!! Love your dress and all the beautiful colors!

Aww, thank you!! I like that dress for F&G but it works for all things Spring too. :)
A stroll through World Showcase sounds divine right now, as I embark on Valentine's Day in Kindergarten, which though joyful, will be insane and chaotic as well! I'll need a drink when I get home, that's for sure!

And how did the day turn out?! Was it as chaotic as you anticipated?! Do tell!

I hear you on the maintenance! It feels like home maintenance never stops, even if we've been here the whole time. I can only imagine that there's more to worry about when it's a home and vehicle and has been "on hold" for a couple of years! Good luck with getting through it so you can enjoy the community!

Little by little! All of my systems are at least working, but I still need to figure out the water softener and get it on. There are some repairs I need to take care of and will before I button her up at the end of April. Meantime, lots of Makeover Projects are keeping my busy!

Next weekend is the Rodeo which should be fun and I'll keep going to the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum to watch Spring unfold. Cactus blooms are so gorgeous and I can't wait!

I've been watching and lurking and just wanted to say I love your trip report. My Mother and I were in tears when you wrote about the scooter drama. I read it to her and she just lost it.

Thank you so much for your humor and your wonderful post, it made me feel like I was still there while missing it from our January trip so much!
OH you are so sweet! Thank you for joining in and saying hello! I'm glad you got a chuckle out of my writing. :)

Hopefully I can finish up this TR so I can start my 50th Trip TR portion of the other TR I have going. I am writing about my move from Oregon to Kentucky that was capped with a 10 day trip for the 50th opening day. I will likely skip ahead to the Disney portion as that is quickly becoming irrelavent. ;) LOL. Link is in my siggie.

It's so confusing with this TR being almost a year ago, and you've already moved, twice! And we're still reading about your move to Kentucky, while you're talking to your Dad about details about Kentucky while you are posting pictures on FB from Arizona! :crazy:

LOL!! I know!! It keeps you all on your toes. Or confused. Suffice to say, yes, I about to move during this trip, am writing about the move in this TR, have moved there AND to Arizona for the winter, and AM very slow at TR'ing. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
This reminds me that while I wanted to ride "It's a Small Mexico", I never made it there.....

Well poop. It's a very cute ride and even moreso now that the 3 Caballeros are working again.
Well that sounds delicious! I'll have to file that for next time as well.

I think you'd love it being a coffee drinker like me. ::yes::

Minus the Olives it sounds very good.

Easily picked out!
I was gonna say, I thought you didn't like beer.....

And you'd be 100% correct.
Oh, the TR is that close to being over!

Yes, very soon now. Just a fancy dinner and the trip home.

Definitely disappointing! Why serve it without the Fizz part? :confused3
See?! Just... WHY?! Totally changes the drink and makes it!

Hello Friends!!

Time is marching on; it's hard to believe I've been in Arizona for 6 weeks! (Well, minus a trip to Disney. ;) )

I wanted to quickly share some of my RV Makeover projects that have been keeping me busy. I love how things are turning out, despite how much work and time it's taking up. Let's just say, Home Depot and Amazon are working overtime for me! My Prime Membership has really paid off for sure!

I'm shooting for a Talavera/Tuscan fusion look with turquoise and copper accents. LOTS of work to go, but progress, no matter how slow, is progress.

FDC70B03-CBC3-4C95-AE9A-CBB8E8B9AECC.jpeg

4655550D-2E30-44D2-82CE-B3AC90997213.jpeg

Still have to finish the other side of the window to the edge of the sink but so far, so good! This is a peel and stick "tile" but look totally legit. Wipeable too!

330721FB-74B8-4CDA-B6CA-45447C9EF7E3.jpeg

D15DF722-A5CB-4D20-99BB-E0CC652B7A96.jpeg

I put up some finishing trim (well, almost done with that) in the corners and in the middle to hide the seam that was... problematic. The ugly fabric thingy above the bed is going to get painted a taupe color and then I'll add some strands of twinkly lights.

F9399868-2CDD-459E-A708-DCBAA4DABD2D.jpeg

The new futon/couch so I can have a guest or two over! Love it! (See those those handy drink holders..?)

Once again, I apologize for the sideways photo. Harder to upload to Smugmug and post from the phone. Anyways, keeping me busy and entertained. LOL!

Hopefully another update very soon! :)

Last edited:
Because they hurt, or???
They pop out. I've never found any that will stay in. In any event, I find they bother me.
Don't forget they will choose your assisted living arrangements in the future. And if you want them to change your diapers before they stick you there, you may want to be nice. :lmao:
They've already said they wouldn't change them, so....
I'm gonna wake 'em up.
Well, at the time I posted that I had a witty answer but now that it's been far too long that I posted that I cannot remember what it was. It had something to do with Post Traumatic (Scooter Crashing something) Syndrome. Such is the life of an over-the-hill brain. However, I will give you major props for your exceedingly creative attempts at guessing. ;)
I can't take credit. I just Googled PTSP and saw what came up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter