An adult pool at Riviera?

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
I went to DVC program on DCL, and an adult pool was mentioned. Does anyone know something specific about this amenity?

Have spent many hours in the adults-only deck area! There are some configuration differences in this area between the four ships, but the same basic elements: a small pool, a bar (of course!), a couple of hot tubs, and deck chairs. Children (under 18) may pass briefly through the area but are not allowed to stay. It can get quite crowded, especially on sea days - but that's true for all open deck areas. I find it a very nice respite from being surrounded by children, especially the noise of large gatherings of them. Oh, and more "adult" music plays in this area, and there are often small bands or a single musician playing. So it's not "quiet," but there's usually not a lot of yelling and exuberance.

Is that the kind of info you were looking for?:)

Edited to add - I overlooked your title, just read the "DCL" and answered in terms of the cruise ships. That, of course, would be on a different board. Sorry for any confusion!

I believe they mean a standard issue "quiet pool," which is to say no retsirtcions on age for the pool, just that it won't have a waterslide.

I believe they mean a standard issue "quiet pool," which is to say no retsirtcions on age for the pool, just that it won't have a waterslide.
That’s what I am afraid of. However, they really are selling it as adults only IMO. I think I will ask specifically what they mean on our November cruise.

gzmtlock, that’s fine, I understand. We do enjoy the adult area on the ships and I am hoping something like that will be at Riviera. That may sell me on making changes in our ownership.

There‘s a thread here about the ages of people going to the parks. We are both in the 70’s bracket, Mom came with us in her 80’s, and when I travel with friends, we are solidly in the 60,70 and 80’s. I have been waiting for Reflections ( for the nature theme, European does not really appeal to me) but may make the change earlier. If I buy, we won’t be selling, the DVC would be passed along.

The language used on the website does not suggest adult-only:

Mediterranean-Themed Pools
Swim, splash and play in a family-friendly pool area—or unwind at a more serene pool. Disney's Riviera Resort will offer pool options to suit your style.​
At the Riviera Pool, sun umbrellas dot the grounds as the inviting waters cast a warm, golden glow upon the surrounding stucco façades. Enjoy days of pure vacation bliss as you and your family splash around in this picturesque pool—complete with its own pool slide that winds around a stately column tower. Little mademoiselles and messieurs can even enjoy S'il Vous Play, an interactive water play area for kids that’s inspired by the grand European public fountains—and featuring a ballet of friendly Fantasia characters.​
For a quieter afternoon, lounge alongside shimmering waters and soothing scenery at Beau Soleil Pool.​

It would be really unusual for them to make it adult only. There is basically nothing at the resorts that is adult only save V&A, and Trader Sam's after 8PM (but not before).

I asked my guide this question because Aulani has an adult only pool; he confirmed there is no audit only pool at DRR, just the quiet pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter