Amtrak vs. Metro North - CT to NYC/back

Be nice now. ;)

Yes, I know the tolls cost a few to several dollars. My question remains the same - do they only take only quarters/coins to pay them? It's been a while since we've had to pay tolls anywhere, but I recall throwing coins in a net and just going through.

I envision us running out of coins. Do they take $10s and $20s? How about credit cards? The planner in me just wants to be prepared.

I haven't seen those baskets in years! They take 10's & 20's for sure. No credit cards that I'm aware of. You can buy an EZ Pass on the go to make life easier. I had DH's car the other night & he does not have one so we had to sit in the ONE cash lane with 10 cars in front of us while they wrote a ticket to someone who didn't have the $7.50 to pay going to the East Side of Manhattan. If you drive into Manhatten on the West Side the Henry Hudson is cashless now, they take a pic of your plate and mail you a bill.

I'm thinking we saw a basket/net thing in Florida just a couple of years ago. :confused3 Though I could be wrong, I wasn't driving.

Since we'll be driving through many states, we'll probably just pay with cash. The longer lines will be a pain, but I don't want to mess with special cards.

Sure is nice living in an area that does not have tolls and I've got to say, I would sure get tired paying them day in and day out. I know the states have to pay for road repairs somehow, but geesh! It must really add up!

I'm thinking we saw a basket/net thing in Florida just a couple of years ago. :confused3 Though I could be wrong, I wasn't driving.

Since we'll be driving through many states, we'll probably just pay with cash. The longer lines will be a pain, but I don't want to mess with special cards.

Sure is nice living in an area that does not have tolls and I've got to say, I would sure get tired paying them day in and day out. I know the states have to pay for road repairs somehow, but geesh! It must really add up!

They did have them in Florida several years ago but I'm not sure if they still do since we avoid toll roads in Florida if at all possible. In the Northeast, I have not seen them in at least 10 plus years. EZ pass will cover you for the most part from Mass to Indiana & down to the North Carolina.

I think there are no major tolls (maybe a couple bucks for the Garden State) until you hit Ohio. Depending on where you are going it will be $5 or more. Do a google search for the toll rates. Ohio has some decent rest stops too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter