Amorette - cake decorating class

My wife and mother-in-law did it and they had fun. You get to take home a small cake that you make so depending where your staying that maybe an issue. Visually they make incredible desserts however my family doesn't like anything they make so for us it was kind of a waste.

My wife and mother-in-law did it and they had fun. You get to take home a small cake that you make so depending where your staying that maybe an issue. Visually they make incredible desserts however my family doesn't like anything they make so for us it was kind of a waste.

Thanks! Ooh, sorry about that -…the Mickey creation is a lot of white chocolate mousse, if I recall. I don’t eat much white chocolate, but it also has some regular chocolate mousse, so I should be ok.

The few things I had from there in November were delicious ..

I did it back before Covid and had a great time, but then I would enjoy a cake decorating class elsewhere.
I have liked everything I have ever eaten there, including the Mickey cake that we decorated. My DH is not a big fan of the jelly filling layers, but he will eat it and likes everything else.

I agree. The only thing we’ve ever enjoyed from there has been crime brûlée.

I did it back before Covid and had a great time, but then I would enjoy a cake decorating class elsewhere.
I have liked everything I have ever eaten there, including the Mickey cake that we decorated. My DH is not a big fan of the jelly filling layers, but he will eat it and likes everything else.
Yay, another good review...thanks !

My niece and I did it a few years ago and had a good time. I think they might change up the cake you make every once in a while. We made the minnie cake and they held it for us until we were ready to leave DS. We had it in the fridge in our resort room and nibbled on it all week.

I did it in January! It's a reservation meant for two people. My friend couldn't make it, so I did it by myself which was fine. It was very well organized and a lot of fun! The instructor guides you though everything so it's really easy to do. The cast members were all very welcoming and friendly. You are invited to have a coffee, latte, tea, etc. before the class started and then again at breaktime. They display everyone's cakes in the display case and take lots of pictures if you would like. Like a pp said, they can hold your cake for you until you are ready to leave Disney Springs. The cake is an entremet cake, so it must be refrigerated. It did fit into our resort refrigerator.
I didn't love all the components of the cake personally, but the cake itself, and the chocolate mousse were delicious.
I would say it's a great experience, and I fully enjoyed it and I'm glad I did it because it was on my bucket list forever. But I would also say it's pretty pricey for what it is, and it is a one time experience.

My niece and I did it a few years ago and had a good time. I think they might change up the cake you make every once in a while. We made the minnie cake and they held it for us until we were ready to leave DS. We had it in the fridge in our resort room and nibbled on it all week.
Oh, nice! Whatever they’d have us make, I’m sure it would be delicious.
That‘s great that they held it....l just have to decide on what day I’d want to do it. The good thing is, I can take a boat back to POFQ, so I can easily drop it back in my room and head off to the park. I’ll try to do the LEGO ”build your own” right after that...that would be a fun morning

Ha, that’s what I would do - keep it in the fridge for convenient nibbling when I get hungry late at night, lol

Thanks!

I did it in January! It's a reservation meant for two people. My friend couldn't make it, so I did it by myself which was fine. It was very well organized and a lot of fun! The instructor guides you though everything so it's really easy to do. The cast members were all very welcoming and friendly. You are invited to have a coffee, latte, tea, etc. before the class started and then again at breaktime. They display everyone's cakes in the display case and take lots of pictures if you would like. Like a pp said, they can hold your cake for you until you are ready to leave Disney Springs. The cake is an entremet cake, so it must be refrigerated. It did fit into our resort refrigerator.
I didn't love all the components of the cake personally, but the cake itself, and the chocolate mousse were delicious.
I would say it's a great experience, and I fully enjoyed it and I'm glad I did it because it was on my bucket list forever. But I would also say it's pretty pricey for what it is, and it is a one time experience.

Sounds perfect ! It will just be me, as well - and, yes, very likely a one time thing, but what a nice memory !

While I’m there, I’ll definitely buy one of those rose cakes - that was to die for ...yum !

My class was today - so much fun!

I think my Mickey cake turned out ok!

Also, here’s the Disney100 cake, and an Ube/banana - cinnamon mousse cake for Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Attachments

• IMG_2609.jpeg
    IMG_2609.jpeg
    57.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2610.jpeg
    IMG_2610.jpeg
    56.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2611.jpeg
    IMG_2611.jpeg
    46.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2615.jpeg
    IMG_2615.jpeg
    43.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2622.jpeg
    IMG_2622.jpeg
    48.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2625.jpeg
    IMG_2625.jpeg
    28.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2638.jpeg
    IMG_2638.jpeg
    39.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2637.jpeg
    IMG_2637.jpeg
    33.8 KB · Views: 15
My class was today - so much fun!

I think my Mickey cake turned out ok!

Also, here’s the Disney100 cake, and an Ube/banana - cinnamon mousse cake for Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month
Your cake looks awesome!! Thank you for sharing! If you happen to remember, about how long was the class? I have a reservation to do this with my 6-year-old son next week. He loves helping me bake at home, and I thought it might be a fun way for us to celebrate Mother’s Day. But if the class is too long, he might not be able to sit still for it all.

Your cake looks awesome!! Thank you for sharing! If you happen to remember, about how long was the class? I have a reservation to do this with my 6-year-old son next week. He loves helping me bake at home, and I thought it might be a fun way for us to celebrate Mother’s Day. But if the class is too long, he might not be able to sit still for it all.
Thank you! It’s about an hour and a half....I think he‘ll like it, very messy, lol

Thank you! It’s about an hour and a half....I think he‘ll like it, very messy, lol
Sounds good! I’ll just make sure we aren’t wearing special clothes in case we get messy. Thank you for the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter