Ami I crazy to go down Oct 1st, 2021?

Patrick Gavin

Earning My Ears
I have flight credits from southwest that HAVE to be used by oct 1st, 2021.

I see park pass availability pretty good for that week besides magic kingdom on october 1st, any chance I could get my wife n son in on that day?

We usually go twice a year, stay off property and rent a car. Do you guys think rates will be higher that week because of the start of the anniversary?

Thanks!

I do not think you will get into the MK on Oct. 1, but you could go to another park that day. You should be able to see if the MK is open other days, than just the 1st. Parks are at 35%, capacity. I read a few TR’s from Christmas, and each park was at capacity all week, but most said the parks were very manageable. Rates are generally lower after Labor Day on room rates. I have not seen a discount out yet. Go and enjoy

I imagine you would have to be there SUPER early, but if you're successful we'll all be jealous! :)

Getting to park super early will not let you gain admittance to the MK On October 1. Park reservations are now required and unfortunately the MK is already at full capacity that day. I would recommend checking the park reservation system periodically as some people will probably be canceling their October vacation reservations.

I have flight credits from southwest that HAVE to be used by oct 1st, 2021.

I see park pass availability pretty good for that week besides magic kingdom on october 1st, any chance I could get my wife n son in on that day?

We usually go twice a year, stay off property and rent a car. Do you guys think rates will be higher that week because of the start of the anniversary?

Thanks!
Do you only have enough flight credits to pay for the trip down? Whenever I've had Southwest flight credits, I think I had to use them all (including the return flight) by the expiration date.

It's possible there could be a major addition of park passes for MK on the 50th, but there almost definitely will be some passes made available as people with reservations cancel. However, it could be difficult to snatch up those reservations unless you're both persistent in looking and lucky enough to look at the right time.

I did a Hotwire search for the periods September 18-25 and September 25-October 2 and compared the prices of a few offsite hotels near WDW. The prices for Wyndham Grand Orlando and Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace were identical for both periods ($159 transparent and $129 Hot Rate for Wyndham; $161 transparent for Hilton). The price for Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort was higher the second week, $40 higher per night as a transparent listing ($200 vs. $160) and $30 higher (pre-fee) as a Hotwire Hot Rate ($149 vs. $119). You might want to search for the offsite hotel you're interested in on the booking platform of your choice to compare the prices of that week with earlier weeks. Admittedly, hotel prices can change between now and when you book, but I don't know whether or how they're likely to change for one of those weeks in comparison to the other.

FWIW, I have a pretty good idea of how to identify a Hotwire Hot Rate hotel, although I could be wrong as to the two Hot Rates I identified in my search.

It doesn't look like it so far. But getting into MK on the first will be work. I have a pass for that day (yay) however when the rest of the family went to pick MK, it showed as full. We are hoping Disney adds some capacity to MK on the first, or I will be going by myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter