• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AMEX Wireless Insurance

spiders

DIS Veteran
I got an email from Amex saying that Centurion, Platinum, Delta Reserve and Delta Platinum now include wireless coverage up to $800 for stolen/damaged phones, $50 deductible up to 2 claims within 12 months. I was not using my Amex to pay my wireless but I just changed the auto pay to do so.

For all those Looking you can also get the same coverage for free using the Chase Freedom Flex (different than unlimited, regular etc.) but as above you Cell phone bill must be paid on that card and the coverage starts the month after your first cell phone bill charge which is the same terms Amex is offering. Also the regular Amex Platinum and few others offer the coverage as well. The regular platinum happens to be a great deal if you travel a lot and other great benefits that easily cover the yearly fee many times over if you spend a lot on credit cards before it is said about the yearly fee.

Wells Fargo has a similar program.
The credit card must be used to pay the cell bill, it must also match the same name/address as your Wells Fargo bill

For all those Looking you can also get the same coverage for free using the Chase Freedom Flex (different than unlimited, regular etc.) but as above you Cell phone bill must be paid on that card and the coverage starts the month after your first cell phone bill charge which is the same terms Amex is offering. Also the regular Amex Platinum and few others offer the coverage as well. The regular platinum happens to be a great deal if you travel a lot and other great benefits that easily cover the yearly fee many times over if you spend a lot on credit cards before it is said about the yearly fee.

Hmm.... I have the regular freedom unlimited. Maybe it's time to change to Flex...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter