American Pow family

Inaminute, If you would like to get that info, I would myself be happy to respond. I was more responding to my admiration of the parents of this young woman. And that is what started this for me. Anyone that wants to do somthing else, Certainly can count me in....

I am a mom of two who happens to be in the military as well as her DH. I love my kids more than anything in the world which is the reason I chose a non-deployable position (came close to quitting military altogether when 2nd was born).

Twinmomplus2 has a great idea. My DD4's school just had a fair this weekend. I am going to all the classes who had prize boothes at the fair and asking for donations for our POW's daughter, and I will send an entire box of goodies (although not necessarily Bitty Baby goodies) to the Ft Bliss chaplains. I know that I will get a huge box of toys to send to a POW's child. I can only hope they distribute it to more than just one POW's familiy.

As a relatively well-educated adult, I wonder why we are doing this. As a military member and wife, I know why; however, that does not make it any easier. I can only hope that my children never have to suffer the fears and uncertainties of our current POW's families!

Cheers to Twinmomplus 2 for her efforts!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

JWSQRDPLUS2.....Thank you for your support. I try to always follow my heart, and firmly feel although we can't change the world, we can help some familys pain, Even in a small way.

Here you go. Info for two more POW's. I'm still searching for info on the others. They were all from Fort Bliss, except for the most recent two pilots.

Army Spc. Joseph Hudson, 23, of Alamogordo, N.M., 507th Maintenance Company, Fort Bliss, Texas. Joined the military to provide for his wife and 5-year-old daughter.

Army Pfc. Patrick Miller, 23, of Park City, Kan., 507th Maintenance Company, Fort Bliss, Texas. Father of two--a 4-year-old son and 7-month-old daughter.

Here's a little more information.

Army Sgt. James Riley, 31, of Pennsauken, N.J., 507th Maintenance Company, Fort Bliss, Texas. His sister, Mary, passed away on Friday of a rare neurological disorder.

Army Spc. Shoshana Johnson, 30, of Fort Bliss, Texas, 507th Maintenance Company, Fort Bliss, Texas. Mother of a two-year old daughter.

Any ideas on these other little ones? Are they base familys? How about this....... I have in the past , asked for help. With a project asking for expressions of kindness for children of POW's. We started with the family of POW, Shawna Johnson.

We would like to now extend the kindness to the other children of parents that are POWS. If you would like to participate in this I feel worthy undertaking.....
Please. review this post for new information, that has been so generously added by another poster. as you can see from this thread.... Seeds of kindness even if they are small, have a way of Blossoming beautifully. Thank you.

I would imagine that, if they aren't base families, the chaplain would be able to forward items to them.

I would like to suggest that a simple note or card to the adults involved would also go a long way in letting them know that they are not alone.

My thoughts and prayers are with all of them. My son is over there and I hope their pain is something I never have to bear. I can only imagine what the families are going through.

Being a military wife myself, as i know many other mother DISers are, I know too well how difficult it is to be away from your spouse, and how it's even harder to explain their absence to your child or children. My husband is not in Afghanistan or Iraq, and I don't think i could possibly imagine how difficult that is. It's hard enough for us because I live in Chicag0 and my DH is stationed in Florida. We have an 8 month old daughter, and he is missing so much. I know she is not yet old enough to understand, but when she is she will know that her daddy is serving our country and doing his duty.

Anyways, I am so glad to hear that you all are keeping these familiy in your prayers and are doing what you can. I am writing these addresses down and give what I can give. When DH and DD and I lived for a short time in VA, and I wasn't able to work, living off a military paycheck is very tough. It was hard to make ends meet, so I have definitely been there.... So with that in mind, I would suggest concentrating more on giving essentials like formula, baby food, diaper certificates (like Huggies), other gift certificates and clothes. Toys are great, but I think these items would be of much better use. My humble opinion!

Support and pray for our troops. God bless them all.

Thanks Pamlur!!

I had the same thought earlier but had not done it yet! Additional good news...None of the POWs had to stay in Kuwait City for medical treatment. All boarded a plane for Germany and are on their way home!

I know.....I know.......Aren't you so excited..........I was so glad when I heard this news this morning, I cried. Thank everyone so much for your help with this project...... Lauren

What wonderful news for the families and for our country! God was truly watching over them. Though I had prayed and hoped, I really was expecting the worst. Thank God they are all ok! What courageous people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter