American Idol's New Season!!

*NikkiBell*

Livin’ that DVC & AP life!
Well, tonight's the night, Idol fans!! American Idol's new, and very different, season is about to begin. According to my TV, they're going to have two and a half hours tonight beginning at 7:30 EST time. I am very excited! :banana:

Are you planning on watching tonight? What do you think of the new judges, Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler? Did you find it surprising that the show is airing against Paula Abdul's new show?

Well, tonight's the night, Idol fans!! American Idol's new, and very different, season is about to begin. According to my TV, they're going to have two and a half hours tonight beginning at 7:30 EST time. I am very excited! :banana:

Are you planning on watching tonight? What do you think of the new judges, Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler? Did you find it surprising that the show is airing against Paula Abdul's new show?

I'll be watching !!!! I LOVE Idol and have been watching since day 1 :goodvibes

I know I'm gonna miss Simon , but I am curious to see what JLO & Steven Tyler bring to the table...:happytv:

I'm watching now and liking it alot. I was kind of over Simon and his sneering snarky remarks. I'd had enough of him. I like Steven Tyler and JLo alot and Randy seems to have taken on more of a serious leadership role. I hope it does well, I'm looking forward to this season.

I wish Paula Abdul well, but I'm not the least bit interested in her show.

I like the positive vibe on the show this season. There are just enough bad singers to keep it interesting. The judges seem to like each other and have fun. It had been getting little uncomfortable watching them all snip at each other or the singers...

PS. LOVED the abs guy:yay:

Thanks for starting this thread!
I really have enjoyed the past two night's shows. It looks like Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler are really enjoying themselves, and that adds to the enjoyment of the show. I love it when they (esp. Steven) tap and sing along....I keep thinking no matter how far a contestant gets or doesn't get, what a great expereince and memory... Not a moment Simon could have provided.

Tammy

I haven't watched the show in about 4 years. I got so sick of it. But with the new judges I thought I'd give it another shot this year. I have to say I really like it too. I thought Steven Tyler was great. He was so nice to the people that stunk. lol That has to be hard. JLo was good too. So far so good. Now they just need to have really great and interesting people in the top 12 or 10 or whatever it is in order to keep the momentum going.

Like Steven Tyler since I saw Aerosmith back in the 70s. J Lo I think is good too. I'm warming to her. Okay the really really happy girl in the dress that sound like Hana Montana and smiles like Hana Montana has got to go.

Nope. I must be doing other things when the show is on. Did not see American Idol at DHS, either.

OK , so the season is almost over :sad2:

Who's watching tonight ???
Who do you love and who do you hate ??? :rolleyes1

I personally do not feel as strongly about the show as I did earlier in the season because my 2 favorites , Pia & James are gone. :sad2:

I'm miffed that James was let go last week. I think it was ridiculous. Hailey can't sing a note. We'll see how tonight goes, but at this point, I just don't care now.

Hailey can't sing a note.
now thats just a silly statement my friend:).............they are all better than the last few winners.......if anything is wrong with the show its that the judging has gone soft...............oh, and its spelled Haley.

I'm miffed that James was let go last week. I think it was ridiculous. Hailey can't sing a note. We'll see how tonight goes, but at this point, I just don't care now.

I saw the last 10 minutes of the show last night, so got to see Haley's final performance (not impressed) and the recaps.

I thought both Scotty and Lauren were good, and honestly gave Scotty a bit of an edge, but I know not everyone likes deep throated country crooners, so who knows what the final result will be.

As for James, while I'm sorry he wasn't in the top three, I think he's probably going to do ok in the end. There are a good number of Idol runners up who have been pretty successful, after all. Some of them have even been more successful than the winner of their season. I'm hoping James will be one of these ones. =)

I'm OVER THE MOON that Haley is gone !!! :dance3:
I never liked her singing and I don't like her as a person. She seems very self centered and phony. She just rubs me the wrong way :mad:

I'm happy for Lauren & Scotty , them seem like nice kids. My ideal finale would have been a Pia / James showdown , however :sad2:

Am so happy Hailey is gone. She is good in a bluesy mode, but when she starts screeching, I can't stand it.

I absolutely love Lauren and Scotty. They were my favorites from the auditions and they both made it all the way through! First time I picked the two favorites! But I am a country girl, so that made it easy.

Both of them will go far, no matter who finishes first.

I'm OVER THE MOON that Haley is gone !!! :dance3:
I never liked her singing and I don't like her as a person. She seems very self centered and phony. She just rubs me the wrong way :mad:

I'm happy for Lauren & Scotty , them seem like nice kids.

I agree 100%. You took the words right out of my mouth. :thumbsup2

I miss Haley, I loved her scruffy voice. Every time Scotty sings, I mute the TV. I am definitely not a country music fan.

I am gutted hayley has gone. She always seemed like the underdog from the start and the judges have been harsh! I hate scotty. He is boring and the way he holds his microphone drives me insane!! I think he and Lauren are very similar and it's made for a very boring final!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter