American Idol 2024

Yes,that was a joke.

She won't last long in Hollywood.

I blame Luke and Lionel for not telling her no way that you just show up with an auditioning friend and ask to go to Hollywood YOURSELF!

Katy was NOT happy!

With a friend like that, you don't need an enemy.

Not only was Katy not happy, the friend's father looked livid too. The look on his face was, "You went in to support my daughter and YOU come out with the ticket to Hollywood?!?" >:(

I hope she gets booted in the first couple weeks for that stunt alone. :sad2:

I really liked the last girl.

HATED to see her get the Platinum.

That hurts more than it helps IMO.

Yes, it seems there is plenty of NEW talent to look for and no need to recycle someone from a prior show. The rules apparently indicate if you were top 10 then you can't apply again, but seems the producers bend various rules for any number of reasons. That guy from Australia is an example since he & his dad said just flew into LA to tryout. Clearly he doesn't live in the USA which is part of the rules I found previously. I can see if someone was on a prior show and the judges gave them a 'no' but said they needed more experience/practice/self-confidence etc. and to return for a future show. Anyone who makes it to Hollywood should not be allowed to participate in future shows.

The guy on roller skates was awful and should have never made it to even being seen by judges.

Wasn't impressed with those 2 sisters who sang. Neither was very good.

Seemed like poor planning by the judges to see the last person applying and still have a platinum ticket to hand out. However, they don't show the try-outs in the order they actually took place, so it might just have been the last show from that particular city. I agree those platinum tickets generally have not turned out well for the contestants. Skipping part of the Hollywood competition seems to give them less time to compete and improve. Most contestants have very limited experience, so they actually benefit from the competition rounds.

Yes, it seems there is plenty of NEW talent to look for and no need to recycle someone from a prior show. The rules apparently indicate if you were top 10 then you can't apply again, but seems the producers bend various rules for any number of reasons. That guy from Australia is an example since he & his dad said just flew into LA to tryout. Clearly he doesn't live in the USA which is part of the rules I found previously. I can see if someone was on a prior show and the judges gave them a 'no' but said they needed more experience/practice/self-confidence etc. and to return for a future show. Anyone who makes it to Hollywood should not be allowed to participate in future shows.

The guy on roller skates was awful and should have never made it to even being seen by judges.

Wasn't impressed with those 2 sisters who sang. Neither was very good.

Seemed like poor planning by the judges to see the last person applying and still have a platinum ticket to hand out. However, they don't show the try-outs in the order they actually took place, so it might just have been the last show from that particular city. I agree those platinum tickets generally have not turned out well for the contestants. Skipping part of the Hollywood competition seems to give them less time to compete and improve. Most contestants have very limited experience, so they actually benefit from the competition rounds.
And I think it also puts much additional PRESSURE on the Platinums to be PERFECT and puts a "spotlight" on them where they are expected to ALWAYS perform at a higher level than the Golds.

Seems the show's producers are always trying to do things a bit different. Not sure it always pans out. Sounded like next week in Hollywood there will some differences in how the competition will work. Virtually all of the participants need experience in how to perform to a large audience. The platinum tickets ones lose out on that chance and then jump into the later rounds of the competition.

I am not sure if the daughter of the guy on The Bachelor should have made it through. Also, I do not like when a former contestant comes back he/she had their shot already.

The daughter is way too young And her voice wasn't exceptional. When Luke said some producer would take her now, (young, raw, very small range,) it actually didn't sound like a compliment. :lmao:

They only took her to cross-promote The Bachelor/ette show. DWTS does that each season after The Bachelor/ette is over. One Bachelor was so bad, he was practically begging to be sent home. Every week you could see his disappointment that he was advancing to the next week, but ABC wanted him on until the Final 4 or 6 to advertise for his show.

Thought it made more sense to post here then start a new thread each week. Anyone watch the first round from Hollywood? While I understand they can't possibly show every contestant during the 2 hr show, I can imagine some making it to Hollywood and then never being seen on TV would be disappointed. Not sure I followed all of the backstage discussion from that one singer who asked to have the musician start over. She was then given a 2nd opportunity to perform, but was eventually eliminated.

Last edited:
I thought the Platinums were great opening the show with California Deamin'.

Ronnie van Zant would be proud of the job Ajii did on Simple Man.

And KB had a very strong performance.

I think Ajii,KB and the Platinums will be 5 of the 24 tonight.

Not sure how I feel about the new Idol Arena format.

Last edited:
Yes, I agree. Since they was only one song before they send 1/2 of them home, all 3 of those with the platinum tickets advanced since they were supposed to skip one round when they got to Hollywood. Sending 1/2 of them home after one song seems like they are rushing to get to the finals or top 24. I thought the show used to start earlier in the season and there were more rounds of competition in Hollywood before deciding which ones to eliminate. Wonder if the writer's strike had any impact on this year's format?

Thought it made more sense to post here then start a new thread each week. Anyone watch the first round from Hollywood? While I understand they can't possibly show every contestant during the 2 hr show, I can imagine some making it to Hollywood and then never being seen on TV would be disappointed. Not sure I followed all of the backstage discussion from that one singer who asked to have the musician start over. She was then given a 2nd opportunity to perform, but was eventually eliminated.
She was a diva from the get go. She started over 2x and then asked for a second chance. She deserved to be eliminated.

I agree. It seemed to me the judges were not very happy with her snarky attitude/comments either.

While it is a reality show, you also have no idea how much of that whole situation was played up by the producer's to create more 'drama' in the broadcast. However, in general since everyone making it to Hollywood is a good singer, you also need a bit of humility to make a positive impression.

Seems to me they only showed two contestants being eliminated last night. Everyone else they featured moved on to the top 24. Basically you only got to sing 2 songs in Hollywood before they announced their top 24. I usually wait until they have those 24 before deciding who are my favorites. In prior years, some improved significantly as the competition progressed. Some didn't handle the pressure of competing or had limited skills as a singer and got eliminated.

Any of these types of shows where the winner is eventually determined by the viewers seems more designed for the entertainment value and obviously depends on who watches/votes. Even past winners have had mixed success with their music careers. While fun to watch, winning is no guarantee of success.

Raghu is FINALLY gone.

I was a little surprised the Judges sent her home since they had told her to come back,but she should not have come back in the first place.

I felt a little sorry for her,but it is past time for her to put competing on AI in the rear view mirror of her life.

I am not sure if they kept Emmy because of her Grandmother or her talent,but I did think she had a good performance.

Raghu is FINALLY gone.

I was a little surprised the Judges sent her home since they had told her to come back,but she should not have come back in the first place.

I felt a little sorry for her,but it is past time for her to put competing on AI in the rear view mirror of her life.

I am not sure if they kept Emmy because of her Grandmother or her talent,but I did think she had a good performance.

I think they got rid of Raghu after they saw the backlash at what she did to her friend. This just saved the public from having to get rid of her.

Apparently she claimed that AI used deceptive editing to make her look bad. But Julia Davo finally spoke up and posted this on her IG after Alyssa got the boot. She says she will talk more to the media in upcoming days.

julia-davo-speaks-on-alyssa-raghu-v0-z3h3o6qagzrc1.jpg

I think they got rid of Raghu after they saw the backlash at what she did to her friend. This just saved the public from having to get rid of her.

Apparently she claimed that AI used deceptive editing to make her look bad. But Julia Davo finally spoke up and posted this on her IG after Alyssa got the boot. She says she will talk more to the media in upcoming days.

julia-davo-speaks-on-alyssa-raghu-v0-z3h3o6qagzrc1.jpg

I definitely think it was Raghu's plan all along to hit up the Judges for another shot-there was nothing "organic" about it.

Same here, not really anyone who stands out as being that memorable. I didn't like the new Hollywood format where they only sang 2 songs solo before they picked their top 24. I thought in prior years having them perform in a group of 3 gave a better impression of how well they could harmonize and work as a team. The show from Hawaii seems more like the live crowd/setting is more of a feature then the actual singing competition.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter